Ten biggest English clubs?

EssexYid said:
HardyBarlow said:
Jesus wept.....

'Spurs have the 6th biggest operating income in world football'. Yes we know, and it's behind that of Arsenal. See link:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/34/soccer-values-09_Soccer-Team-Valuations_Income.html

'we also have the lowest wages to turnover ratio in the premiership'. Well done, also behind Arsenal. See link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/table/2009/jun/03/premier-league-turnover-wages-debt

'we make record profits time after time,' No you don't. See Link:

http://www.footballeconomy.com/content/tottenham-hotspur-plc

Further, your net spend on players far exceeds that of Arsenal. See link:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

So, back to the orignal question. How the hell are Spurs making less money than Arsenal, spending more on players every year than Arsenal and expect to pay £400M for stadium without going into debt like Arsenal? You are either being bankrolled, which you denied and making my first statement correct or you're gonna be in debt.

Which is it numpty?

You can call me what you like pal, but you are still talking absolute bollocks aren't you, Tottenham's wages to turnover ratio is basically the same as Arsenals at 46% a whole 1% difference, and yet you feel the need to be petty and point that fact out, just the same with the operating income figures, and Spurs are not in reality making less money than Arsenal as you suggest, as Tottenham have clearly been spending much more on players than Arsenal but despite that massive spending Tottenham are still managing to make nearly as much profit as Arsenal, Tottenham have spent nearly £150m on players in just 16 months and still produced record profits of £33.4m at the end of the financial year, now just imagine the profits Spurs could have made if they had spent as little as Arsenal did on players, or for example had spent £100m rather than £150m, but you couldn't see that could you.

You then try to knock the fact that Tottenham usually make profits and record profits at that over the last couple of years, despite Tottenham's big spending over the last Five years they are actually in profit as a club over that Five year period.

You then naively stated that Tottenham are or might be being bankrolled, now think and ask yourself who in their right mind would BANKROLL a PLC LOL for the benefit of other shareholders, you do understand what a PLC is don't you ?, Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy wouldn't give you the steam off of their piss if they could help it let alone give millions of their own money away to fellow shareholders in Tottenham Hotspur.

Oh and I never once stated that Tottenham will have "no debt" when our new stadium is built so why are you suggesting that I did, you ask how it will be paid for without being bankrolled etc, Tottenham as PLC have more options to finance their new ground such as long term seat debenture, a new shares issue, and naming rights etc, Tottenham have already spent £60m on land and property over the last Five years so we are looking at a much smaller debt than Arsenal currently have also it has already been established that Tottenham will save at least £40m on materials on the stadium build as they are currently much cheaper than when the Emirates was built.

'Tottenham's wages to turnover ratio is basically the same as Arsenals at 46% a whole 1% difference': So not bollocks then, actually true. Good Start.

'Spurs are not in reality making less money than Arsenal as you suggest', I'd didn't suggest anything of the sort, because it's bollocks, but as you bring it up....

Arsenal's turnover dwarfs that of Spurs and their player spend is less but, to use a quote: 'Tottenham are still managing to make nearly as much profit as Arsenal' So, in real terms, you ARE making less money than Arsenal from both a turnover AND profit perspecitive. You are begining to disappear up your own rectum.

You then try and cover with 'now just imagine the profits Spurs could have made if they had spent as little as Arsenal did on players': I am imagining and wondering how you would make all this dosh in the championship. The fact is, you've HAD to spend it otherwise you'd be shit. Imagine if Arsenal didn't have all that debt from the stadium they HAVE to service....their profits would piss on yours. If can be a big word.

'You then try to knock the fact that Tottenham usually make profits and record profits at that over the last couple of years, despite Tottenham's big spending over the last Five years they are actually in profit as a club over that Five year period'. Erm no, just pointing out that your statement: 'we make record profits time after time', is, in fact, bollocks. You don't.

'You then naively stated that Tottenham are or might be being bankrolled', I've suggested they are bankrolled as the sums don't add up as no-one in the media is talking about the debts Spurs will have when building this stadium. See above.

'now think and ask yourself who in their right mind would BANKROLL a PLC'. You are 'naively' comparing Football business to that of other corporations. The fact is, a number of clubs have been PLC's (Public/Private) and had injections of cash from their owners. It happend with us time and again with Wardle and Franny Lee. It doesn't matter to them if the club turns in a profit or not as they generally have most of the shares. The other shareholdes are mostly fans who don't do it for dividends, just to own part of the club. If your saying here that all your profit is going to line the shareholders pockets, what's the point in crowing about it? That's £30M out of the club adding even more to the Spurs financial myth: 'Where does the money come from'....

'Oh and I never once stated that Tottenham will have "no debt" when our new stadium is built so why are you suggesting that I did'. I don't think I did, I am asking you a question....Which you appear to have finally answered in a roundabout way.

You are adding a good few hundred million to your current £65M debt to build a cheaper Emirates. Good. I'm looking forward to see how Spurs get on with that debt swinging round their necks and 'arry unearthing gems like Kaboul....wan't he already unearthed at Spurs? Although I'm sure a new mystical 'seat debenture' will fund another transfer spending spree when required.....

HardyBarlow said:
EssexYid said:
You can call me what you like pal, but you are still talking absolute bollocks aren't you, Tottenham's wages to turnover ratio is basically the same as Arsenals at 46% a whole 1% difference, and yet you feel the need to be petty and point that fact out, just the same with the operating income figures, and Spurs are not in reality making less money than Arsenal as you suggest, as Tottenham have clearly been spending much more on players than Arsenal but despite that massive spending Tottenham are still managing to make nearly as much profit as Arsenal, Tottenham have spent nearly £150m on players in just 16 months and still produced record profits of £33.4m at the end of the financial year, now just imagine the profits Spurs could have made if they had spent as little as Arsenal did on players, or for example had spent £100m rather than £150m, but you couldn't see that could you.

You then try to knock the fact that Tottenham usually make profits and record profits at that over the last couple of years, despite Tottenham's big spending over the last Five years they are actually in profit as a club over that Five year period.

You then naively stated that Tottenham are or might be being bankrolled, now think and ask yourself who in their right mind would BANKROLL a PLC LOL for the benefit of other shareholders, you do understand what a PLC is don't you ?, Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy wouldn't give you the steam off of their piss if they could help it let alone give millions of their own money away to fellow shareholders in Tottenham Hotspur.

Oh and I never once stated that Tottenham will have "no debt" when our new stadium is built so why are you suggesting that I did, you ask how it will be paid for without being bankrolled etc, Tottenham as PLC have more options to finance their new ground such as long term seat debenture, a new shares issue, and naming rights etc, Tottenham have already spent £60m on land and property over the last Five years so we are looking at a much smaller debt than Arsenal currently have also it has already been established that Tottenham will save at least £40m on materials on the stadium build as they are currently much cheaper than when the Emirates was built.

'Tottenham's wages to turnover ratio is basically the same as Arsenals at 46% a whole 1% difference': So not bollocks then, actually true. Good Start.

'Spurs are not in reality making less money than Arsenal as you suggest', I'd didn't suggest anything of the sort, because it's bollocks, but as you bring it up....

Arsenal's turnover dwarfs that of Spurs and their player spend is less but, to use a quote: 'Tottenham are still managing to make nearly as much profit as Arsenal' So, in real terms, you ARE making less money than Arsenal from both a turnover AND profit perspecitive. You are begining to disappear up your own rectum.

You then try and cover with 'now just imagine the profits Spurs could have made if they had spent as little as Arsenal did on players': I am imagining and wondering how you would make all this dosh in the championship. The fact is, you've HAD to spend it otherwise you'd be shit. Imagine if Arsenal didn't have all that debt from the stadium they HAVE to service....their profits would piss on yours. If can be a big word.

'You then try to knock the fact that Tottenham usually make profits and record profits at that over the last couple of years, despite Tottenham's big spending over the last Five years they are actually in profit as a club over that Five year period'. Erm no, just pointing out that your statement: 'we make record profits time after time', is, in fact, bollocks. You don't.

'You then naively stated that Tottenham are or might be being bankrolled', I've suggested they are bankrolled as the sums don't add up as no-one in the media is talking about the debts Spurs will have when building this stadium. See above.

'now think and ask yourself who in their right mind would BANKROLL a PLC'. You are 'naively' comparing Football business to that of other corporations. The fact is, a number of clubs have been PLC's (Public/Private) and had injections of cash from their owners. It happend with us time and again with Wardle and Franny Lee. It doesn't matter to them if the club turns in a profit or not as they generally have most of the shares. The other shareholdes are mostly fans who don't do it for dividends, just to own part of the club. If your saying here that all your profit is going to line the shareholders pockets, what's the point in crowing about it? That's £30M out of the club adding even more to the Spurs financial myth: 'Where does the money come from'....

'Oh and I never once stated that Tottenham will have "no debt" when our new stadium is built so why are you suggesting that I did'. I don't think I did, I am asking you a question....Which you appear to have finally answered in a roundabout way.

You are adding a good few hundred million to your current £65M debt to build a cheaper Emirates. Good. I'm looking forward to see how Spurs get on with that debt swinging round their necks and 'arry unearthing gems like Kaboul....wan't he already unearthed at Spurs? Although I'm sure a new mystical 'seat debenture' will fund another transfer spending spree when required.....

Yet again you are talking crap without knowing any actual facts, so what exactly doesn't add up regarding Tottenhams finances then and what is the drivel about "Spurs financial myth" all about ffs, oh and you keep banging on about Arsenal this and Arsenal that and stating that their turnover is double that of Tottenhams, well it is obviously bigger as they are taking in £3m per game and have Champions League football, Spurs will also get a huge boost in match day takings when their stadium is built.

You also fail to recognise that Arsenals wage bill is about £50m per year more than Tottenhams which gives Spurs a big advantage in running costs, so with a much bigger annual turnover and a £50m per season head start in running costs, you might just be able to grasp how Spurs will be able to service any debt that they will have, which will be a lot smaller than Arsenals by the way.

You also fail to grasp the fact that a large chunk of Arsenals turnover is from their apartments and houses at Highbury Square, which artificially boosts their annual turnover figures in the short term, in their last financial year end accounts £88m came from the sales of properties, try researching before giving it large in future wont you.

I can assure you that Joe Lewis who is Tottenham's major shareholder and a multi billionaire a man who owns over 170 companies, along with Daniel Levy who is a magician with money matters know a little bit more than the likes of you about building and being able to pay for Tottenham's new stadium complex.

EssexYid said:
HardyBarlow said:

Yet again you are talking crap without knowing any actual facts, so what exactly doesn't add up regarding Tottenhams finances then and what is the crap about "Spurs financial myth" all about ffs, oh and you keep banging on about Arsenal this and Arsenal that and stating that their turnover is double that of Tottenhams, well it is obviously bigger as they are taking in £3m per game and have Champions League football game, Spurs will also get a huge boost in match day takings when their stadium is built.

You also fail to recognise that Arsenals wage bill is about £50m per year more than Tottenhams which gives Spurs a big advantage in running costs.

You also fail to grasp the fact that a large chunk of Arsenals turnover is from their apartments and houses at Highbury Square, which artificially boosts their annual turnover figures in the short term, in their last financial year end accounts £88m came from the sales of properties, try researching before giving it large in future wont you.

All this started because I suggested that Spurs were bankrolled, you've argued otherwise. If they are not bankrolled, I have summised that you must then be going into debt for this new stadium and you've argued this too. I appreciate you'll know more about what goes on at Spurs, but the football world in general never seems to have a clue. So if your telling me your a self servicing club, with no-outside investment and £M's to spend on the new stadium without a knock effect on player investment, fine. Personally I think that's bullshit, be there you go

I've drawn the Arsenal comparison, because Spurs are attempting a similar operation and Arsenal are now £M's in debt. However, you are telling me this is somehow different at Spurs. I suppose it certainly is as you don't have a Mr. Wenger to throw in the mix. Anyways, whatever happens I hope it all goes tits...

If you're not bored of this, then I can tell you I certainly am. Particularly, as this relates to one of the most odious clubs in football who I find are bit 'fur coat and no knickers'. So I'll make this my last input...

I don't think anyone can argue that Spurs are financial powerhouse of a club, with a mass of support, a perchance for playing good football and a bigger club than City. I certainly respect Spurs, but I do think you are twats. Much the same as I see Taggart/Stretford. So, to get back on topic, my top clubs....

Liverpool
Stretford
Arsenal
Villa
Everton
Spurs
Chelsea
City

and then anyone from Leeds, Shef Wed, Newcastle, Wolves, WBA, Forest, Sunderland, Blackburn or West Ham.

In no particular order:

Leeds
City
RED SCUM
Liverpool
Chelsea (only due to the money injection)
Birmingham
West Ham
Millwall
Forest
Newcastle

Whats all the antipathy from the Everton fan. I always thought that there was a bit of mutual respect as they like us have played second fiddle to a club in their city. Just goes to show how jealous some people can get. Some fans and clubs really do take themselve far too serious. Hopefully not something that genuine City fans will do if we ever achieve a level of success.
Like I said before CITY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN ALL THE LAND IN ALL THE WORLD. FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.