Terry Phelan's wondergoal v Spurs 1993

yeah remember it well, very big memory of maine road kippax days that day, was only 14 my dad used to stand at the back and i would go next to away fans for a sing song, remember singing "one alan hansen" as he had tipped us for the cup that year, after the goal i got pushed right to the bottom but not onto the pitch but can always remember as city fans ran towards spurs fans one spurs fan running at them all on his own and thinking hes fxxkin mental

Lucky Toma said:
Been asked to write about my favourite City FA Cup goal and plumped for this.

Did anyone go on the pitch that day? Strange game, strange times.

What a horrible day that was. One of the days back then when I was totally furious, despairing even, after the game. We had United at home the week before (or after?) and this cup quarter final too. The whole club was on a high as it finally looked like we had a good team. The new Platt Lane Stand was opening too.

Going into the game optimism was incredibly high, and desperation for a cup final as well, as validation that the dark days of the 80s were finally over.

The atmosphere was electric. We went a goal up and Maine Road was rocking with excitement. Then SPurs went and banged 4 past us. I can think of few times that our supporters have felt so kicked in the teeth. The place was seething with anger and pain.

I got up and left when Spurs scored their fifth (which I found out later was disallowed) so I missed Phelan's wonder goal and the subsequent pitch invasion.

Lucky Toma said:
Been asked to write about my favourite City FA Cup goal and plumped for this.

Did anyone go on the pitch that day? Strange game, strange times.

Yes and still rue it.

Terry phelan is now a coach at Wigan academy he coaches my son, sat next to phelan on new years day, if you would like I could have a word with him about that goal if you want any quotes

tommo74 said:
Terry phelan is now a coach at Wigan academy he coaches my son, sat next to phelan on new years day, if you would like I could have a word with him about that goal if you want any quotes

i was nearly scrapping with him in a nightclub years ago, he was with my mate and was being a right arse. my mate had to step in. was a great goal. but jamie pollocks own goal is the best ive ever seen !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.