Terry Phelan's wondergoal v Spurs 1993

I think a lot of fans thought we were going to wembley that year & the defeat was very hard to take, I remember being really pissed off for days afterwards & breaking my radio at work on a building site when Steve Wright was taking the piss out of the city fans on the monday.

117 M34 said:
Lucky Toma said:
http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2013/01/manchester-city-the-wondergoal-that-sparked-a-cup-riot/

Here is my write-up about it.

Would the semi have been at wembley? usually at a neutral venue then?
That season was the first to have semis at Wembely iirc. Think both Sheffield clubs played in one of them.

Lucky Toma said:
http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2013/01/manchester-city-the-wondergoal-that-sparked-a-cup-riot/

Nailed it, toma. Fucking nailed it.

It was the dashed hope, brought to a crescendo by the opening goal, that made this day an extremely bitter one. I liked your description of the riot being against city's flawed DNA, in fact it was so incredibly futile that they just went for the spurs fans almost as an afterthought.

Well done fella. Brilliant piece.

This game was the end of an era in many ways and precipitated the downfall of Swales. This game was his last chance to redeem himself.

Didsbury Dave said:
This game was the end of an era in many ways and precipitated the downfall of Swales. This game was his last chance to redeem himself.

I think his last chance to redeem himself was revealed to the fans before the kick off tbh.

url

Re-arrange these words: time;small.

Such a let down that game was , but that's City for you ....... the pitch invasion just crowned a bad , bad , day !

Quite amazaed to hear Alan Hansen talking positive about us! Least we got our revenge on Spurs in 2004. Would love to beat them in the final though, with a wonder goal from Aguero or Tevez, to finally shut them up about Villa in 81.

F**king hate Tottenham.

20 years ago bloody hell can't believe it probably the most gutted I've ever been at football when the fourth one went in the 5 of us looked at one another its the one and only time we've ever left before full time,Spurs still near top of my most hated clubs.

Didsbury Dave said:
Lucky Toma said:

Nailed it, toma. Fucking nailed it.

It was the dashed hope, brought to a crescendo by the opening goal, that made this day an extremely bitter one. I liked your description of the riot being against city's flawed DNA, in fact it was so incredibly futile that they just went for the spurs fans almost as an afterthought.

Well done fella. Brilliant piece.

Cheers DD. That means a lot mate. Really enjoyed writing this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.