Terry Phelan's wondergoal v Spurs 1993

Shit day after being one up and coasting. We looked right twats after that pitch invasion.
Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't spurs beat us four times that season, home and away in the league and in both cups at maine rd ?

I was there but can't remember a disallowed goal,I do remember sheringham missing a penalty in the last minute possibly on purpose as Coton had a word with him before he took it.
I also recall a commentator on bbc(iirc) possibly Trevor brooking saying the greatest goal you'll never remember.

When Mike Sheron scored I thought we were going to wembley. I remember big Niall missed chances that day and Sedgeley , Samways Mabbutt and Nayim were too good for us. At least this man made them pay.
evete5us.jpg
3y9adepu.jpg

Possibly the best ever individual goal by a City player. Pity that it was overshadowed by the pitch invasion and of course the result.
Had it been the winner in a "big" game, it would have been played over and over and praised to the skies. Alas, it seems to have been forgotten.
That said, some of the Spurs tackling was, shall we say, half-hearted.
Imagine if Rooney or RVP had scored it!!!!!!!

Lucky Toma said:
http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2013/01/manchester-city-the-wondergoal-that-sparked-a-cup-riot/

Here is my write-up about it.

Would the semi have been at wembley? usually at a nuetral venue then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.