Terry retires from international football {merged}

Dave S said:
The cookie monster said:
Dave S said:
I'm talking about the brain-dead fukcwits at the FA charging someone who's been cleared in the courts. Fukcing nobheads the lot of 'em.
Even the judge didnt believe terrys version of events..
But had his hands tied.
Immaterial!
Its immaterial in a court of law, but the FA is not a court of law, and in any case charged him with something different for which he basically admitted his own guilt.

Unfortunately it probably strengthens Chelsea for four games.

Wish he'd been fined £4 and banned for 220,000 games

Horrible, horrible excuse of a man. Do you remember when we were linked with him? Would have killed me watching him in a City shirt

MSP said:
Joke of a verdict really.. if court let him go FA should never charge him at all.. maybe on some other stuff but not racial one..

then the ban length and fine amount are shocking from many reasons.. if he's guilty for racial abuse 4 games is nothing and how the hell Suarez got 8 for it; or why such difference in fine amount too
No it isn't under the kick it out campaign which the FA is signed up to any colour reference breaches FA rules so Terry in saying "I never called you a........" convicted himself same thing that happened with Suarez as soon as he admitted using that term that's meant to be a pleasantry in Uruguay

SWP's back said:
The cookie monster said:
Dave S said:
This!!! Who the fukc do the FA think they are! A fukcing tin-pot outfit who are full of their own self importance.
He is guilty
And the fa have found him guilty
And he is also a horrible bastard!
Not guilty in the eyes of the law though and I don't care if someone is a horrible bastard or not. It does not alter my feelings on the matter.

Its legitimate for a governing body to discipline a member for something that just falls short of criminality. If a doctor were prosecuted for molesting a patient, but acquitted on the grounds that it couldnt be proven whether or not the patient had consented, the doctor would probably still be struck off by the GMC.

The District Judge decided that Terry had spoken the words "f***ing bl**K c**t to Ferdinand but that it wasnt proven that he meant to insult Ferdinand.

The FA decided that Terry had spoken the words "f***ing bl**k c**t" to Ferdinand.

Both were right

Dave S said:
The cookie monster said:
Dave S said:
I'm talking about the brain-dead fukcwits at the FA charging someone who's been cleared in the courts. Fukcing nobheads the lot of 'em.
But had his hands tied.
Immaterial!
Entirely material!

If the judge didn't believe Terry's version of events then, by definition, he probably felt he had indeed racially abused Ferdinand. However the CPS were unable to prove he did, so a not guilty verdict was reached.

The FA most likely didn't believe Terry's version of events either and, by definition, felt he probably did racially abuse Ferdinand. However, unlike the court case, they didn't have to prove he did, they just had to make the decision it was more likely he did it than he didn't.

Put it this way, I'll ask you 2 questions:-

1 - Can YOU prove John Terry racially abused Anton Ferdinand? My answer to this will be NO.

2 - Do YOU believe it is more likely that John Terry racially abused Anton Ferdinand than it is he was claiming his innnocence? My answer to this is YES.

That's is the crux of this matter, legally. The court's were asked question 1, and came up with the answer NO, the FA were asked question 2, and came up with the answer YES. Different question, different proof requried, so a different outcome is entirely acceptable.

Whisky Nose almost pleading with him to accept the ban as it is lenient.

Funny how 2 of those games are against them!

He never misses a trick that old twat Ill give him that

Matty said:
Dave S said:
The cookie monster said:
But had his hands tied.
Immaterial!
Entirely material!

If the judge didn't believe Terry's version of events then, by definition, he probably felt he had indeed racially abused Ferdinand. However the CPS were unable to prove he did, so a not guilty verdict was reached.

The FA most likely didn't believe Terry's version of events either and, by definition, felt he probably did racially abuse Ferdinand. However, unlike the court case, they didn't have to prove he did, they just had to make the decision it was more likely he did it than he didn't.

Put it this way, I'll ask you 2 questions:-

1 - Can YOU prove John Terry racially abused Anton Ferdinand? My answer to this will be NO.

2 - Do YOU believe it is more likely that John Terry racially abused Anton Ferdinand than it is he was claiming his innnocence? My answer to this is YES.
YOUR answer to question 2 has got fukc all to do with it. However, irrespective of that I still maintain the FA are a bunch of fukcing half-wits who gain respect from nobody.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
MSP said:
Joke of a verdict really.. if court let him go FA should never charge him at all.. maybe on some other stuff but not racial one..

then the ban length and fine amount are shocking from many reasons.. if he's guilty for racial abuse 4 games is nothing and how the hell Suarez got 8 for it; or why such difference in fine amount too
No it isn't under the kick it out campaign which the FA is signed up to any colour reference breaches FA rules so Terry in saying "I never called you a........" convicted himself same thing that happened with Suarez as soon as he admitted using that term that's meant to be a pleasantry in Uruguay

So surely Anton Ferdinand must have mentioned the colour of his own skin whilst accusing Terry of saying it. Does that mean Camel gob jr gets a ban?

Also I think John Terry is an utter prick but the way this whole racism saga has been played out is farcical and embarrassing to say the least. The guy may have made a racial slur towards Ferdinand but its been made out like he is the new Hitler ffs give the guy a break. Personally I think he did call Ferdinand but I don't think he is racist he probably just made an error of judgement in response to Ferdinand calling him about the affair he had. After all he is the captain of Chelsea one of the most multi cultural teams in the world and I think their black players would object to that if he truly was a racist dont you?

NMA's take on the Terry affair

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-31rJOkFW_o[/youtube]

city91 said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
MSP said:

So surely Anton Ferdinand must have mentioned the colour of his own skin whilst accusing Terry of saying it. Does that mean Camel gob jr gets a ban?

Also I think John Terry is an utter prick but the way this whole racism saga has been played out is farcical and embarrassing to say the least. The guy may have made a racial slur towards Ferdinand but its been made out like he is the new Hitler ffs give the guy a break. Personally I think he did call Ferdinand but I don't think he is racist he probably just made an error of judgement in response to Ferdinand calling him about the affair he had. After all he is the captain of Chelsea one of the most multi cultural teams in the world and I think their black players would object to that if he truly was a racist dont you?

Now i will really appereciate it if you can give me your views on suarez , do you consider him a racist ? Is his 8 game ban justified in context to terry?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.