Tevez - alone or partnered?

Blue2112

Carlos Tevez has been in outstanding form this season and its been a bit of a revelation watching him to see just how strong he really is. One of United's defenders said the same thing after the early season derby defeat that even though they'd played with him in training they were still taken by surprise at his physical strength in a real game as an opponent. I've been having a conversation tonight with a fellow blue and neither of us could come up with a solution to his ideal strike partner if indeed he really has one or should he be played alone upfront.

Watching his game he plays all over the front line, picking the ball up and more often than not creating something from nothing himself. I don't think there's a single City player that would have scored his first goal this afternoon. His determination and body strength forced him passed Terry to score our equaliser and he's a real handful for any defender. I also believe he's a real handful to play alongside because he does pick the ball up in deep or wide positions and often runs across the line before firing in a shot. He doesn't sit on the shoulder of a defender and he's not just a target man and isn't your typical sterotypical striker. He really is a pocket dynamo and I'm wondering was this part of the reason Fergurson never really gave him his chance. Remember United fans all saying he doesn't score enough goals. Maybe that was due to the style they set out with their interplay and quick passing. I think he's very similar to Rooney but maybe Rooney has the edge and can adapt to suit United's style more easier.

I honestly think Ireland's form has struggled due to Tevez often dropping deep to receive the ball and we now don't rely on the incisive defence splitting pass. I don't think Tevez and Adebayor's styles suit and I can't yet see a relationship building long term. We undoubtedly look better with Tevez as the lone frontman as in today's, performance where I thought our second half performance was Mancini's best 45mins to date. How does he line up with Argentina and who do other fan's think could become his ideal partner or not? And also is today's midfield our best option suite to Tevez's lone style?

Blue2112 said:
Carlos Tevez has been in outstanding form this season and its been a bit of a revelation watching him to see just how strong he really is. One of United's defenders said the same thing after the early season derby that even though they'd played with him in training they were still taken by surprise at his physical strength in a real game as an opponent. I've been having a conversation tonight with a fellow blue and neither of us could come up with a solution to his ideal strike partner if indeed he really has one or should he played alone upfront.

Watching his game he plays all over the front line, picking the ball up and more often than not creating something from nothing himself. I don't think there's a single City player that would have scored his first goal this afternoon. His determination and body strength forced him passed Terry to score our equaliser and he's a real handful for any defender. I also believe he's a real handful to play alongside because he does pick the ball up in deep or wide positions and often runs across the line before firing in a shot. He doesn't sit on the shoulder of a defender and he's not just a target man and isn't your typical sterotypical striker. He really is a pocket dynamo and I'm wondering was this part of the reason Fergurson never really gave him his chance. Remember United fans all saying he doesn't score enough goals. Maybe that was due to the style they set out with their interplay and quick passing. I think he's very similar to Rooney but maybe Rooney has the edge and can adapt to suit.

I honestly think Ireland's form has struggled due to Tevez often dropping deep to receive the ball and we now don't rely on the incisive defence splitting pass. I don't think Tevez and Adebayor's styles suit and I can't yet see a relationship building long term. We undoubtedly look better with Tevez as the lone frontman as in today's, performance where I thought our second half performance was Mancini's best 45mins to date. How does he line up with Argentina and who do other fan's think could become his ideal partner or not? And also is today's midfield our best option suite to Tevez's lone style?

Like today for me, don't think he can play with Adebayor personally, I'd stick with this 451/433. Very similar to Rooney, and Rooney was always going to play first.

alone, wish tevez and ade could play together but it is no fluke that tevez plays his best football in a 433/451 and it is either him or ade and at the moment carlos for me gets the nod

Not sure if it would work or not, whether Carlos would appreciate being deployed in the hole, but this is the only way I can see a Tevez/Ade partnership working (example team)....

------------Shay
Micah---VK-----Lescott----Bridge
----------NDJ----Barry
Johnson------Tevez-------Bellers
--------------Ade

Obviously that would mean Stevie, or in todays case Zabba would miss out. Nice problem to have, but Tevez has to start whether Ade is available or not.

Blue2112 said:
Carlos Tevez has been in outstanding form this season and its been a bit of a revelation watching him to see just how strong he really is. One of United's defenders said the same thing after the early season derby defeat that even though they'd played with him in training they were still taken by surprise at his physical strength in a real game as an opponent. I've been having a conversation tonight with a fellow blue and neither of us could come up with a solution to his ideal strike partner if indeed he really has one or should he be played alone upfront.

Watching his game he plays all over the front line, picking the ball up and more often than not creating something from nothing himself. I don't think there's a single City player that would have scored his first goal this afternoon. His determination and body strength forced him passed Terry to score our equaliser and he's a real handful for any defender. I also believe he's a real handful to play alongside because he does pick the ball up in deep or wide positions and often runs across the line before firing in a shot. He doesn't sit on the shoulder of a defender and he's not just a target man and isn't your typical sterotypical striker. He really is a pocket dynamo and I'm wondering was this part of the reason Fergurson never really gave him his chance. Remember United fans all saying he doesn't score enough goals. Maybe that was due to the style they set out with their interplay and quick passing. I think he's very similar to Rooney but maybe Rooney has the edge and can adapt to suit United's style more easier.

Good post OP. I think Mancini is trying to resolve problems back-to-front (defence, midfield, forward). This is a slow process and we need to give our boss some time to get his head around the premiership. Ade and Tevez will click eventually upfront, with back-up from Ireland (or a similar attacking midfielder and hopefully another cos our defence will be strong enough by then).

If this happens then DeJong should be taken into the backyard and shot like Old Yellow - waste of a City shirt!

TFC said:
Not sure if it would work or not, whether Carlos would appreciate being deployed in the hole, but this is the only way I can see a Tevez/Ade partnership working (example team)....

------------Shay
Micah---VK-----Lescott----Bridge
----------NDJ----Barry
Johnson------Tevez-------Bellers
--------------Ade

Obviously that would mean Stevie, or in todays case Zabba would miss out. Nice problem to have, but Tevez has to start whether Ade is available or not.
it does not work they have tried it tevez becomes infective from a goal scoring point of view he needs to play at the sharp end of the game, for us to get the benefit of his endeavour and hard work

Blue2112 said:

He hasn't been a starter for us a while. Normally he would play upfront with with Aguero or Messi and be AWFUL :/

I agree with Tevez playing upfront alone, didnt his streak end when Ade came back?

[/quote]

He hasn't been a starter for us a while. Normally he would play upfront with with Aguero or Messi and be AWFUL :/

I agree with Tevez playing upfront alone, didnt his streak end when Ade came back?[/quote]

yes that is it no ade and tevez bags a brace and gives terry and carvaleho the run around must admit it is early days but it looks like one from two at the moment and tevez is the man for me

problem is when ade has played on his own he has bagged a fair few goals so it would also be difficult not to play him... but i agree with the op and have seen nothing to convince me that a partnership would work between th 2 of them... when they both play we resort to long balls and tevez doesn't have such an impact. because i think tevez brings more to the team overall if we had to pick one of the two it would have to be carlos

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.