Tevez and Aguero v RVP and Rooney

Van Persies left peg said:
sjk2008 said:
Have a feeling your going to take a strong dislike to me after this but ive noticed another issue.......you haven't added the stats of Valencia and Young to your totals....:)

Haha It dosnt matter im just nitpicking, i wouldn't have had the patience to go through and get all those figures myself in all likelihood so good on ya, must admit im surprised our defenders have been so relatively free scoring, hope thats a kick up the arse to Danny Welbeck when he sees both Johnny Evans and Patrice Evra ahead of him in the scoring charts!!

You nitpicking twat! Haha.

For the record, I support neither City or United, so, although getting these stats took 15mins max, maybe I am little "sad"!

Not at all, in fact your probably in a better position than anyone else on here to do so as your view wont be riddled by any perceived bias one way or the other which is impossible to avoid in these types of discussions given the 2 teams in question.

Interested to know what site you used to get those stats? just the premier league one? would take me more than 15 mins to get that lot id imagine.

From ESPN. And re your comment in bold - a few people in here wont believe that!

sjk2008 said:
sjk2008 said:
You nitpicking twat! Haha.

For the record, I support neither City or United, so, although getting these stats took 15mins max, maybe I am little "sad"!

Not at all, in fact your probably in a better position than anyone else on here to do so as your view wont be riddled by any perceived bias one way or the other which is impossible to avoid in these types of discussions given the 2 teams in question.

Interested to know what site you used to get those stats? just the premier league one? would take me more than 15 mins to get that lot id imagine.

From ESPN. And re your comment in bold - a few people in here wont believe that!

Cheers for that never used ESPN for stats (or anything bar perving over Rebecca lowe) before so will have a look. :)

Haha im sure your not alone, footballs so tribal these days you cant go onto a United or City forum and argue against the majority and not be accused one way or other of having some agenda, just how it is.

I'm not the biggest fan of Rooney and that's because of media going up his A** all the time and saying he's a world class player. I admit, he is a good player and one of the best at United but i wouldn't say he is world class as this term is thrown around a lot. Even if some young player shows few signs of potential, people start calling them world class e.g. Jones.. I love the Jones thread and pictures of his "beautiful" poses. Anyways back to the topic, i honestly like Aguero the most out of all as a person but if we're just looking at a better partnership then at this moment of time, RVP and Rooney are playing better with scoring goals and creating chances for eachother, whereas Aguero and Tevez seem a bit more selfish and aren't on form as they were in the last year or the year when Tevez was playing as a main striker few years back.

Red Manc said:
The first one IS true of Van Persie and Rooney. Of the 6 games we've lost this year (no draws) either one or both have not started together:
Fair enough

Also worth nothing Tevez and Aguero both started v Ajax which City did not win. Although in the PL your stat holds.

Your point is irrelevant as I was talking about the league. If you want to nitpick, then we could point to the fact that your CL group was not particularly tough. I could not imagine United, in our position, would have qualified from that group.

Here's some more up to date stats:

No, you mean here are some stats that fit your viewpoint. Anyone can do that.

Since all 4 have been playing in the PL i.e. since Aguero joined:

Aguero - 48 games, 29 goals, 11 assist - 0.60 goals per game, 0.23 assists per game
Tevez - 29 games, 11 goals, 9 assists - 0.38 goals per game, 0.31 assists per game
Van Persie - 55 games, 42 goals, 19 assists - 0.76 goals per game, 0.35 assists per game
Rooney - 47 games, 34 goals, 14 assists - 0.72 goals per game, 0.30 assists per game

Make of that what you will

I make of it that you have selected Van Persie's best ever year, and that you are not comparing like with like. After all, Aguero is a young lad who is new to the league. I compared Aguero to Van Perie when he was the same age as the Argentinan and when they both made debut seasons. I believe that is a fairer comparison.

All quality players go through a period when they struggle to score, either through individual form, the performance of the team or because of injury. You have happened to select a period when Tevez and Aguero have not played regularly.

Manc in London said:
Red Manc said:
The first one IS true of Van Persie and Rooney. Of the 6 games we've lost this year (no draws) either one or both have not started together:
Fair enough

Also worth nothing Tevez and Aguero both started v Ajax which City did not win. Although in the PL your stat holds.

Your point is irrelevant as I was talking about the league. If you want to nitpick, then we could point to the fact that your CL group was not particularly tough. I could not imagine United, in our position, would have qualified from that group.

Since all 4 have been playing in the PL i.e. since Aguero joined:

Aguero - 48 games, 29 goals, 11 assist - 0.60 goals per game, 0.23 assists per game
Tevez - 29 games, 11 goals, 9 assists - 0.38 goals per game, 0.31 assists per game
Van Persie - 55 games, 42 goals, 19 assists - 0.76 goals per game, 0.35 assists per game
Rooney - 47 games, 34 goals, 14 assists - 0.72 goals per game, 0.30 assists per game

Make of that what you will

I make of it that you have selected Van Persie's best ever year, and that you are not comparing like with like. After all, Aguero is a young lad who is new to the league. I compared Aguero to Van Perie when he was the same age as the Argentinan and when they both made debut seasons. I believe that is a fairer comparison.

All quality players go through a period when they struggle to score, either through individual form, the performance of the team or because of injury. You have happened to select a period when Tevez and Aguero have not played regularly.

I'm pretty sure the general gist of the debate is, who's the best partnership at the moment, not who's the best partnership when everyone was a similar age.

As the Rooney & RVP partnership only started this year, the most relevant comparison is this year, surely? Not comparing them at the same ages.

Manc in London said:

Why is it irrelevant? I acknowledged it was true in the league. Just thought I would, you know, twist those stats like you did by not including that ;)

I have selected stats based on when they are playing in the league at the same time. Comparing Van Persie's first year to Aguero's is a bit odd. RVP was a left winger back then and had to play second fiddle to Thierry Henry, Aguero had none of these obstacles. Using stats that are 7/8 years old to back up that Aguero is better than RVP is quite frankly ludicrous. Some players are later bloomers and RVP is quite clearly one of those, although he has been held back by his injury problems.

Aguero hardly played? Ha, he's played more league games than Rooney in that time! Fair enough Tevez went walkabout but still, 29 games is 75% of a season and for a large part of it he has been underwhelming in terms of his statistical returns.

I thought this was who was better right now? I think it's pretty clearcut who the best 2 are at this moment in time.

I think we are getting the main issue confused here. RVP & Shrek are a pair of red cunts -game over. Tevez has a shady history obviously, but I for one am shallow enough to forget the past as long as he keeps scoring.

ultimateharold said:
Goosebot said:
I actually laughed when I read someone here involving Hernandez in their analysis... I'd completely forgotten about him! In his first season he was a player I was worried about getting on the ball, now him in the starting line-up feels as inconsequential as RSC in ours.

To be honest, Hernandez is not scary on the ball. He's all about poaching, and positioning. Rags will point to his lack of a break, but in all honesty, I think he's been found out.

His goal against Newcastle was his 10th in 20 appearances this season so maybe not found out yet..

JM Mcr said:
ultimateharold said:
Goosebot said:
I actually laughed when I read someone here involving Hernandez in their analysis... I'd completely forgotten about him! In his first season he was a player I was worried about getting on the ball, now him in the starting line-up feels as inconsequential as RSC in ours.

To be honest, Hernandez is not scary on the ball. He's all about poaching, and positioning. Rags will point to his lack of a break, but in all honesty, I think he's been found out.

His goal against Newcastle was his 10th in 20 appearances this season so maybe not found out yet..
Great finisher - but his all round game could be a lot better.

Marvin said:
JM Mcr said:
ultimateharold said:

Great finisher - but his all round game could be a lot better.
I agree with you Marvin, and his link up play is improving, but I think he was bought for his poaching ability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.