Tevez backs down ?

Why is he saying that he now considers a move from the club the best option? It's what he wanted all along. Is he trying to suggest he is being forced out and is trying to play the victim?

Still no sign of an apology to the manager, players or fans but accepts he was out of order and takes the punishment. Fuck off Carlos.

A " form of words" will be agreed for the much talked about apology.

Tevez will stay and will play. It's money, people. Tevez might leave in the summer but he will go nowhere for a cut price in January. The new financial rules mean City will be very, very unlikely to accept a £15 or £20 million loss on a player like him.

I've said it before, and I still believe it. Carlos Tevez is 2 or 3 good performanes away from getting the fans back on side. If he came on as sub and scored the winning goal in Napoli, half the fans would love him again already.

Personally, I wish the club would make a stand and put him in the stands for the remainder of his contract, but the reality is that unless someone offers £25 million plus we are stuck with him and he will play. When all is said and done, he's still a great player so it's not all bad.

mammutly said:

Tevez will stay and will play. It's money, people. Tevez might leave in the summer but he will go nowhere for a cut price in January. The new financial rules mean City will be very, very unlikely to accept a £15 or £20 million loss on a player like him.

I've said it before, and I still believe it. Carlos Tevez is 2 or 3 good performanes away from getting the fans back on side. If he came on as sub and scored the winning goal in Napoli, half the fans would love him again already.

Personally, I wish the club would make a stand and put him in the stands for the remainder of his contract, but the reality is that unless someone offers £25 million plus we are stuck with him and he will play. When all is said and done, he's still a great player so it's not all bad.

But he wont, he tries to beat everyone by him self. He wont pass to the open man, unless he is sure that man will pass it back. Just my opinion.

mammutly said:

What makes you think no-one will offer £25m+?

I am sure there are many that would pay that, even taking his ridiculous wages into account. The £50m we were asking was always a show stopper but lots of clubs could stump up £25m

Chippy_boy said:
mammutly said:

What makes you think no-one will offer £25m+?

I am sure there are many that would pay that, even taking his ridiculous wages into account. The £50m we were asking was always a show stopper but lots of clubs could stump up £25m

The FFP regulations are on the agenda of every major club in Europe. a few clubs have the backing to spend £25 million plus on a player, but only two or three have the income to support such an outlay given their existing committments. One of them is Arsenal, but I cannot see City selling Tevez to a premiership rival, even if they wanted him.

To paraphrase: I didn't do it, it's not my fault, but I accept the charges.

FUCKING WANKER. Not even man enough to just shut the fuck up and get on with it.

mammutly said:
You may have said it before, but I don't think it's correct.

We may be 2 or 3 performances away from fans welcoming Tevez back. But then we're 5 or 6 performances away from Kia taking that as his cue to try and blackmail the club again - to place press stories about how he's 'unsettled' at City and 'can't handle' sitting on the bench as part of squad rotation.

Then we're just back where we started: A disruptive player, undermining the manager's team selections, waiting for offers from Spain/Italy. Meanwhile, because no club can afford £40m, his agent uses the media to put pressure on the club to drop his transfer fee.

If he does play again, we'll just end up back where we were before the Munich game. I don't think the club are interested in that any more.

Your prediction doesn't pan out, I'm afraid.

YourBirdCanSing22 said:
mammutly said:
You may have said it before, but I don't think it's correct.

We may be 2 or 3 performances away from fans welcoming Tevez back. But then we're 5 or 6 performances away from Kia taking that as his cue to try and blackmail the club again - to place press stories about how he's 'unsettled' at City and 'can't handle' sitting on the bench as part of squad rotation.

Then we're just back where we started: A disruptive player, undermining the manager's team selections, waiting for offers from Spain/Italy. Meanwhile, because no club can afford £40m, his agent uses the media to put pressure on the club to drop his transfer fee.

If he does play again, we'll just end up back where we were before the Munich game. I don't think the club are interested in that any more.

Your prediction doesn't pan out, I'm afraid.

Good post and some well made points.

I do think my prediction pans out for the rest of this season though. If there isn't a fundamental change in attitude from Tevez and his agent, then he will definitely go in the summer for the very reasons you cite. The difference is he will go on City's terms and at a time that suits the club rather than him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.