Tevez backs down ?

too late ! get rid as soon as. the club have spoke to fifa who backed a decision to terminate his contract if found guilty...
surely they (fifa) 'must' take into account that we would have to sell him at a discounted price and waver the deficit to within the 'fair-play'?

It's crazy to think he'd come on and score a winning goal. If he does come on it has to be in a game that's already decided, he'd love nothing more than costing City a big match.

Just look at the half-hearted penalty against Wigan.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but if he doesn't play a certain percentage of games per season can't he leave on a free due to restriction of trade or something like that.
If that is the case he's defo going to play for us again if we can't get rid in Jan, even if he only comes on in injury time for a number of games.
I think a swap deal is the only way out of this, for him and us.

I'd rather not lose Tevez for less than a fair price because of nothing but principals. He's a goalscorer, a worker on the pitch and still able. Why should a Club in Spain or Italy get him for 10 million when he's worth far more? I think the only condition I'd allow a cut price move is if he goes to Brazil or Argentina because he's then not going to haunt us in the Champions League.

He's behaved badly for too long and someone is going to have to take a punt on him...

peoffrey said:
I'd rather not lose Tevez for less than a fair price because of nothing but principals. He's a goalscorer, a worker on the pitch and still able. Why should a Club in Spain or Italy get him for 10 million when he's worth far more? I think the only condition I'd allow a cut price move is if he goes to Brazil or Argentina because he's then not going to haunt us in the Champions League.

He's behaved badly for too long and someone is going to have to take a punt on him...

But why should we hold on to a player who refused to warm up just because he was already warm and who'd only scored a miserable 53 goals for us in two whole seasons?

Bastard wants castrating! ;-/

remoh said:
But why should we hold on to a player who refused to warm up just because he was already warm and who'd only scored a miserable 53 goals for us in two whole seasons?

Because he evidently wants to leave. I'd love to see a fully charged Tevez going up against Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli for starting spots - but he no longer wants to be at City so, for both his and our sakes, he must go.

remoh said:
peoffrey said:

You're completely missing the point here, I don't think anyone is doubting his ability.

remoh said:
peoffrey said:

So how does this affect the Tevez vs Souness spat, as surely by not contesting the 5 material charges, it can now safely be argued he refused to play?

;-P

mancitygaz said:
Correct me if I'm wrong here but if he doesn't play a certain percentage of games per season can't he leave on a free due to restriction of trade or something like that.
If that is the case he's defo going to play for us again if we can't get rid in Jan, even if he only comes on in injury time for a number of games.
I think a swap deal is the only way out of this, for him and us.
Depending how far we go in the cups he only has to feature in 1 or 2 games between now and the end of the season, so it's unlikely that he will be able to use that rule.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.