Tevez better than Sergio?

Sergio magnificent striker, Tevez a footballer, a wonderful footballer, a winner but a mercenary.

Tevez - for me - was the best player ever in City colors (fan since 2008 or so - if a past footballer was better than I missed it).

At the same time, Tevez was cursed by inability to get on with others - not only did he fall out with our side, but he did the same with the Argentina national side.
===
Tevez - an amazing talent - but he really fucked us over in his fallout with Mancini (Mancini wasn't entirely blame free by all accounts).

A mixed legacy for me - but also the most talented player ever to sign for our side.

No, however Tevez was a fucking great footballer. I forget just how good he was, he single handedly dragged us to wins in his prime.

I would love him in our team now

Lots of times Tevez carried us through the mud. Back then, I do think Tevez had a credible claim as best striker in the world (apart of Messi/Ronaldo).

One of my favorite players when he was with us. I think most would have a stronger emotional attachment to Aguero, as do I. Tevez is probably forgotten by some due to his antics. Can't doubt his work rate and effort on the pitch. Incredible on the pitch, nuisance off it.

EDIT: I completely forgot that weird ass butt-shaking celebration he did LOL

Anyone remember a time, we had both in the team, for just a short while? Shame it never worked out.

Wasn't tevez on the field against QPR?
His contribution wasn't terribly memorable.
But Kuns will echo through time.
Legend.
I know which one Id have wanted going through on goal at 93:20.
I very much doubted Kun - when we signed him - what a fucking waste of money I mistakenly thought.

But if memory serves - Kun - our top talent - after first joining our club - was left on the bench only to come on - I think in the 60-minute mark (not unusual at all) - part a pre-planned substitution. And do you know what? He scored two goals - as substitute - for our side.
===
Kun is for me our second best signing ever.
===
Tevez - for all his faults - was right up there with Messi - possibly the very best player of his time. Tevez could do it all - and could change a game single-handedly in favor of our side.

At the same time - Tevez was a very troubled individual - and clashed with our management - and with management of his national side - to the extent that he could not play for us - or for Argentina.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.