Tevez [Merged]

BimboBob said:
Ahem...

Lets keep it sensible lads eh?We would have gone mental if we had finished top 6 this season.One win away from 7th and Europe and we blew it.Liverpool on the other hand,whilst not winning anything this season,have actually had their hands on silverwear in the last 10 years.And they finished 2nd with a points total that would have won them the league in most seasons.Dodgy home form(too many draws cost them).Would you have liked Liverpool to win it this year or the scum?

When we get to their level of league consistancy then we can gloat,take the piss and dance on their orange girlfriends heads...until then...

As far as money goes...i find it rather crass to keep harping about other clubs debts now we have oil cash.

I want to be clear. I was not interested in 'mind games'. I was just talking about some FACTS.

trickyred said:
BimboBob said:
Ahem...

Lets keep it sensible lads eh?We would have gone mental if we had finished top 6 this season.One win away from 7th and Europe and we blew it.Liverpool on the other hand,whilst not winning anything this season,have actually had their hands on silverwear in the last 10 years.And they finished 2nd with a points total that would have won them the league in most seasons.Dodgy home form(too many draws cost them).Would you have liked Liverpool to win it this year or the scum?

When we get to their level of league consistancy then we can gloat,take the piss and dance on their orange girlfriends heads...until then...

As far as money goes...i find it rather crass to keep harping about other clubs debts now we have oil cash.

Thats the msot sensible post on here , and pretty much what Im trying to say .

Next time i'm in the Rocket i'll buy you a beer and chat your orange bird up.

bizzbo said:
BimboBob said:
Ahem...

I want to be clear. I was not interested in 'mind games'. I was just talking about some FACTS.

Facts?Facts are good.

1.The results for the parent company showed net debt on 31 July 2008 of £300m.
2.The parent company's loss came despite the £10.2m pre-tax profit reported by the football club in the same period.
3.In their accounts, they say they are "committed to building a new stadium and actively seeking funding to complete the project".
4.They admit that "the opening of the new stadium will be delayed until 2012".

All facts.As is this alarming group of facts before the oil men rode into town...

The accounts, covering the year to 31 May 2008, show City lost £33m up to then under Thaksin, and their bank borrowings increased from £49m to £64m. The amount owed to all creditors ballooned from £134m to £209m. Yet still a further £49.5m was spent last summer, including £19m on Jo, bought from CSKA Moscow.

My how the other half live now...

BimboBob said:
bizzbo said:
BimboBob said:
Ahem...

Facts?Facts are good.

2.The parent company's loss came despite the £10.2m pre-tax profit reported by the football club in the same period.
3.In their accounts, they say they are "committed to building a new stadium and actively seeking funding to complete the project".

All facts.As is this alarming group of facts before the oil men rode into town...

The accounts, covering the year to 31 May 2008, show City lost £33m up to then under Thaksin, and their bank borrowings increased from £49m to £64m. The amount owed to all creditors ballooned from £134m to £209m. Yet still a further £49.5m was spent last summer, including £19m on Jo, bought from CSKA Moscow.

trickyred said:
BimboBob said:
bizzbo said:
BimboBob said:
Ahem...

Facts?Facts are good.

It was a balanced arguement!I wasn't harping i was pointing out it could have been us...without the silverware or league positions.You can't have that beer now but i'll still chat up your orange bird.

BimboBob said:
trickyred said:
BimboBob said:
Ahem...

Facts?Facts are good.

[/quote]

It was a balanced arguement!I wasn't harping i was pointing out it could have been us...without the silverware or league positions.You can't have that beer now but i'll still chat up your orange bird.[/quote]

Apologies to you then , I misread it clearly , by all means chat up me bird mate , but make mine a double yeh ;)

trickyred said:
bizzbo said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7063388.stm
New Anfield stadium costs soar

The projected cost of building Liverpool Football Club's new stadium has rocketed to "at least £400m".

The news of the £150m hike comes from the club's co-owner Tom Hicks, who together with fellow American George Gillett took over the club in March.

The Stanley Park stadium will have a capacity of 60,000 - 15,000 more than Anfield - when it opens, but that could increase to 75,000 in the future.

Plans go before planners at the city council on 5 November.

Mr Hicks said he was not worried about the radically revised figures: "I'm so excited about the new stadium because we'll be able to go do things for the fans we've never been able to do for them.

"Our fans are wonderful and over time we'll be able to give them the amenities, comfort and ease of getting tickets they have never had before."

_44018654_newliverpool_se_view203.jpg

Tom Hicks: "I'm so excited about the new stadium"

Dated 2007 . Brilliant.
And even that doesnt say 450m .
Fcuk me .
why are you on here? this is a city site you sad git,i would never join another teams site as i love CITY .

this has become a joke now this post.first of all it started off with carlos tevez,its then gone onto hermen monster pictures,its then gone onto the oil we own,and then its gone into financial arguments with a scouser,and now its gone into how much money we have compared to other clubs.sort it out peeps!

BimboBob said:
bizzbo said:
BimboBob said:
Ahem...

Facts?Facts are good.

oh i know old chap, things were not too pretty. funnily enough though, the 49.5m figure doesn't take into account player sales, and no-one believes we spent anywhere near 19m outright on Jo (somethings are just too horrible to believe i guess). a clear case of selective presentation of the figures, even if they were bad enough in the first place.

Tricky said that he was sure that the press were making LFC's situation appear worse than the reality, and I thought it was fair to talk about the in's and out's of the situation.

LFC and Kop will get refinancing, but the sad fact is that it will only enable them to tread water. new investment is required, and that may take a while. if they kid themselves about the reality of the figures, they'll give the americans too much credit. they need to keep on making their lives uncomfortable (without overstepping the mark) to hurry them out of the door.

The rest was just somebody was disputing my figures regarding LFC and Kop, which i knew to be more or less correct. go back and read my first post and the direct replies it generated. complete nonsense from start to finish. if I'm told that i don't know what i'm talking about, it's just my way to show that I don't make this stuff up.

I genuinely feel animosity to the americans, and some pity towards the fans of both clubs in Liverpool, who deserve better, but we have had a lot of posters from both sides of the city who appear in denial as to the situation that faces the clubs because of the need for new grounds. Come on here and shout the odds, or talk nonsense, and I think it's fair that we talk about the reality of the wider situation.

maybe to some it's OTT, in bad taste, but i don't feel bad **edit(until about half an hour after lol)** about reminding them of the true challenges their great clubs face. if you are such great fans, which i believe is true of both sets of supporters, then you need to stay on top of the situation. stay positive, but don't think you will get through by playing down the costs. maybe don't ask for the next big signing, keep asking for progress on the new ground. maybe accept that belts need to be tightened to achieve the bigger goal, that success on the pitch can't come at all costs.

city got lucky, partly because we were well placed thanks to our council home, but arsenal have done it through hard realism and cutting their cloth accordingly. I'd genuinely be delighted if both clubs announced new investment and the immediate start of work on grounds, but they have to keep working towards the second of those things if the first doesnt materialise.

sorry, that's a horribly preachy explanation. this is supposed to be banter, I know. i just don't know what else to say. yep, I am guilty of crowing over some unpleasant truths, but truths they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.