Tevez not in the country according to BBC

southern muppet said:
In June, he said he would never return to Manchester "even on vacation".

Stopped reading there, no he didn't.

According to most sources he said the above, which is a twist on what the Telegraph reckon he said:

"When I finish my contract I will not return to Manchester ever – not even on holiday"

I posted in another thread that he said the former after checking various websites. I would now want a proper transcript of the Susana Gimenez interview 02/07/11 as it appears that we did not get proper reportage of what he actually said.

Wantaway Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez will miss this Sunday's Community Shield showdown with former club Manchester United, after being given an extended holiday by Roberto Mancini.

The Argentina international was due to return to Eastlands on Thursday following a summer in which he has made clear his desire to leave the club for family reasons. He is now expected back on Monday, having missed the club's pre-season tour of the United States - and an open training session at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday.

In June he was quoted as saying he would never return to Manchester "even on vacation" but, after watching a £40 million move to Corinthians fall through, he is now faced with the prospect of continuing his career with City.

"Carlos has now been given extended leave so he can return on Monday, which is 21 days after Argentina's exit from the Copa America," said a Manchester City spokesman.

Inter Milan have been heavily linked with a move for Tevez ever since he was pictured shaking hands with Marco Branca, the head of technical staff at the club. There has been no offer forthcoming, however, with reports suggesting that any bid hinges on the future of Manchester United target Wesley Sneijder, whose sale would free up funds.

City have signed forward Sergio Aguero this summer for £38 million, a move that suggested they expected to be without Tevez in August.

Tevez is yet to be officially stripped of the City captaincy by boss Roberto Mancini, but it is expected defender Vincent Kompany will lead them out next season, as he has during pre-season.

not worried...we murdered them in the semi without anyways.

Balo and Dzeko about to play a symphony conducted by David Silva.

mancboy123 said:
City i think have had enough of tevez and wouldnt be spinning anything for him, he has been replaced he knows this he knows the club dont want him. I think their is a deal in the offing especially with that phillip auclair said on ts before.

what did he say?

LoveCity said:
This is from Yahoo! UK. I've never known them to break any story so is it taken from elsewhere?

Edit: BBC and Sky reporting it. More special treatment for him, why?

-

Carlos Tevez will return to Manchester City on Monday after manager Roberto Mancini agreed to extend the South American's summer holiday by a few days.

Tevez was initially due at Eastlands on Thursday, his arrival eagerly anticipated given the huge amount of speculation about his future. However, it had started to become apparent that the South American would not be in Manchester, sparking speculation about another rift between player and club.

But sources from both sides have now confirmed Tevez is in receipt of official documentation from City stating his actual training date is Monday, August 8.

What a nonsense the very last player and character that deserves special treatment!! Honestly city dont help themselves sometimes !!

gotta be a deal in the offing, perhaps someone trying to tread lightly? not fussed if he doesnt show yet, carlos is a notoriously poor trainer and only hits form/ shape when hes playing regurlarly, so we're not missing that much

Not in the country? Are they watching all the ports and airports then?

Mind you, we don't want to give Sky ideas, they'll have a reporter at everyone, like on transfer deadline day.

"Now over to Brian Swanson at Manchester Terminal 2."

"Well we've heard a rumour that a flight's due in from Malaga in 10 minutes. I'll continue to keep you updated."

(Back to the studio)

"Now back to Brian Swanson in Manchester for some breaking news"

"Yes, the flight from Malaga HAS landed and we can reveal that the luggage is on the carousel."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.