Tevez thinking about retirement again?

avoidconfusion

What is with City players constantly gobbing off in the press???
Really starting to do my head in.

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=813978&sec=england&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=5739</a>

Tevez reveals retirement plans

By Soccernet staff

August 13, 2010

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez has revealed he is eager to retire from football and plans to return to Argentina within three years.

Carlos Tevez

GettyImages

Carlos Tevez has revealed he no longer enjoys football

• Play Premier League fantasy
• Ireland wants £2m pay-off
• Balotelli set to sign for City
• Bellamy could quit

Tevez, 26, has enjoyed a successful career in South America and England, winning trophies with Boca Juniors, Corinthians and Manchester United before joining City in a big-money deal last summer.

However, he has now revealed that he is feeling homesick and, after Argentina's humiliating 4-0 defeat to Germany in the World Cup quarter-finals, he admits he has fallen out of love with the game.

"There is only a little time remaining before I retire," he told TyC Sports. "It is very difficult to play football if you are not happy. I am finding it very difficult to recover since the World Cup.

"I dreamt of returning to Argentina with the trophy. There were no fights in the World Cup, everything was positive, but it was the hardest thing that I've ever had to experience. Every day I have less will to continue playing in Europe and to carry on playing football. I will be there for two or three more years and then I will think about heading back to Argentina."

He added: "For the last year, I haven't lived with my daughters. They are growing up and I'm getting worn down. After returning from South Africa, I thought about quitting football, but I have a large family and now I have to continue.

"Football doesn't make me as happy or as fulfilled as before. It becomes difficult to play like this."

Rehashed story, he will probably seek to return to Argentina at the expiry of his contract, we can't force him to stay beyond that and should not desire to. Don't worry, he'll be here for at least another three years.

I think about jacking it all in every day of the week. And i too am pissed off living in this great counrty where the sun always shines.

Tevez wont be going anywhere for a while. and when the day comes when he wants to return to his home country than good luck to him.

Somethimes we need to remember that these footballers are also human and have lives away from football.

You cant shoot a man down from saying that he wants to be near his family.

If he's that fed up, then why doesn't he just pack it in now?

Over the past five years he must have made £20m... he could easiuly retire on that and just play football for fun in Argentina.

In fact, for £20m, you could buy most of Argentina!

Bit of an attention seeker I fear and likes bellyaching far too much...

He'll be gone soon I fear.

Soulboy said:
If he's that fed up, then why doesn't he just pack it in now?

Over the past five years he must have made £20m... he could easiuly retire on that and just play football for fun in Argentina.

In fact, for £20m, you could buy most of Argentina!

Bit of an attention seeker I fear and likes bellyaching far too much...

He'll be gone soon I fear.

Always look on the bright side of life do do do do dodododo

this~
:

Fan: "I've heard a rumour that if Argentina were to win the World Cup then you will retire from football, is there any truth in this rumour?"

Carlos: "I'm here for the long term, of course, if we do win the World Cup with Argentina that would be fabulous. But when I came here last summer I was offered the big project, and I am planning to be here for the long term." (mass applause)

Players are such greedy bastards. I could go and get a job with more money living away from home but I don't want to, I like getting home to the wife and kids every night. If he or anybody else is so arsed then go and play in your home country for your local club and still make a decent living.

So all you fuckwit players just STFU and get on with earning your crust by playing your bollocks off, otherwise piss off.

I know most of this is paper talk and a lot of quotes are taken out of context but I really do fucking hate the players of today. Nobody forces them to play here or anywhere else.

despite the higehst wages ...it appears that City is not a happy club..
Tevez
Adebayor
Hart
Given
bellamy
ned
and these are the only ones speaking openly to th press about the disharmony...who else is sitting there keeping schtum but feeling disallusioned with " the project"

bumbles said:
despite the higehst wages ...it appears that City is not a happy club..
Tevez
Adebayor
Hart
Given
bellamy
ned
and these are the only ones speaking openly to th press about the disharmony...who else is sitting there keeping schtum but feeling disallusioned with " the project"

Probably fewer than are sat there as happy as pigs in shit! There'll be players who feel hard done to at all clubs, ours just have to learn to keep it behind closed doors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.