Tevez - Welcome to Manchester defaced?

TFC said:
messi_is_coming said:
See this I agree with. I hate the rags as much as anyone but we are acting like Tottenham fans at the moment.

Also I may be new but I have been a lurker for ages and ages and I really wish people would stop making topics on how they got one over on a rag by saying they arnt from Manchester in a local shop or something. If we think them throwing red paint on a sign is pathetic what does all these threads about laughing at dogs named Tevez and things look like?

As long as the rags have their little banner hanging in the swamp 'declaring' how long its been since we won a trophy, nothing City can do will be as smug.

Fuck em, I'm glad its ruffled feathers.

Good point

I had a look at the Tevez banner yesterday, few splodges of red paint on it but it's a pretty poor effort by the rags. It still looks good

TFC said:
messi_is_coming said:
See this I agree with. I hate the rags as much as anyone but we are acting like Tottenham fans at the moment.

Also I may be new but I have been a lurker for ages and ages and I really wish people would stop making topics on how they got one over on a rag by saying they arnt from Manchester in a local shop or something. If we think them throwing red paint on a sign is pathetic what does all these threads about laughing at dogs named Tevez and things look like?

As long as the rags have their little banner hanging in the swamp 'declaring' how long its been since we won a trophy, nothing City can do will be as smug.

Fuck em, I'm glad its ruffled feathers.
TFC is spot on,the misery slatherers need to get a grip.
We ARE the only Manchester team in the prem & anything that promotes that FACT is fine by me.
FFS Grimsby still hold the rags crowd attendance record,how smalltime is that.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/feb/06/newsstory.manchesterunited" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008 ... sterunited</a>

Daniel Taylor The Guardian, Wednesday 6 February 2008

Manchester United's extensive efforts to make sure the 50th-anniversary commemorations of the Munich air disaster pass smoothly included some emergency work at Old Trafford yesterday and the removal of a banner that pokes fun at Manchester City's lack of silverware.

The banner, which hangs permanently from the old Stretford End and has transferable numbers, says "32 Years", the period since City last won a trophy. It will be modified to "33" at the start of 2009 but several United supporters contacted the club to say it might incite the 3,000 away fans on Sunday.

The overriding concern of officials at Old Trafford is that City's supporters should not disrupt the minute's silence and as a gesture of goodwill United decided to remove the banner until the FA Cup tie against Arsenal on February 16. "The fans who have contacted us don't think this banner is appropriate," said a spokesman. "They have asked us to replace it for this one match and the club is happy to help."

There is also unease at United about the minute's silence before England's game against Switzerland tonight. Sir Alex Ferguson has voiced concern that there might be a "mixed reaction" and Wayne Rooney has appealed for the crowd to behave in the correct manner: "The important thing is paying our respects and making sure those who died are honoured in the right way."

A remembrance service will be held at Old Trafford today, and United and City will wear 50s-style kits, devoid of sponsors' logos [not mascots, or hoardings though eh?], on Sunday. There will be a mascot to represent each of the 23 people who died, and the surnames will be on the back of their shirts. Ferguson will lay a commemorative wreath, as will the City manager, Sven-Goran Eriksson.

The clubs have been trying to promote a message of unity and the away end will be decorated with posters of Frank Swift, the former City goalkeeper who was among those who died in Munich.

Benjani Mwaruwari will make his debut for Manchester City after completing his protracted transfer from Portsmouth yesterday, five days after the official transfer deadline elapsed. The Zimbabwean will cost City an initial £3.87m, half the amount first proposed, and they will see that as a victory in what had become a complex and fractious dispute with Portsmouth. City will make substantial additional payments depending on games played.

City succeeded in their demand that Benjani, 29, underwent a full medical, which had been impossible when he turned up at the training ground 50 minutes before the transfer deadline last Thursday. He is likely to replace Daniel Sturridge at Old Trafford.

walked past it this morning the amount of paint on the floor and lack on the banner is untrue they must have been covered in paint the sad tossers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.