it would look something like this:

............................Hart

Richards....Kompany....Lescott....Clichy

................De Jong........Yaya

.........Nasri............Silva.........Aguero

...........................Tevez

Bench: Pantimilon, Savic, Zabaleta, Barry, A. Johnson, Dzeko, Balotelli

ofrbc1.jpg

Tevez has a long history of burning the clubs he has played for. Just over a year into a five year contract with the Corinthians. He had been (according to wikipidia) the most expensive player in South American transfer history. He captained the team to the league title.
He refused to play for the Corinthians.
He joined West Ham. Played brilliantly and almost singlehandedly kept them up. He was 'Hammer of the Year'. He was contracted with West Ham, after his now normal shenanigans but joined United. The mess left in his wake over the ownership question meant West Ham are still paying millions in fines.
No love lost between him and United. He called Ferguson a liar over his planned 'retirement'.

Now we have him. He has no qualms about biting the hand that feeds him. He wouldn't even go to Manchester on vacation. He turned up for his thirty pieces.
My City shirt with 'Welcome to Manchester' is now a classic. Typical City

He's a great player. He plays great football. Pity about the man.

I think Harold you just got the perfect engraving for his tombstone.

"He's a great player. He plays great football. Pity about the man" (bar the obvious "a" to "was")

That is the best tl;dr you could use for Carlos, damn shame.

In reality doesn't the club captain just do the coin toss?

Why so much bother about who gets the armband, other than the honour?

Alergicgrass said:
In reality doesn't the club captain just do the coin toss?

Why so much bother about who gets the armband, other than the honour?
nah its more than that mate!!!! vinny is the perfect captain as the players respect him,he organises well and is vocal,gets stuck in,seems to not charge round at referees constantly which means the refs dont feel the need to punish us extra,and the final point is one of the first names on the teamsheet.speaking english also helps though!! ;-)

jimharri said:
Indifferent to him now, really. Yeah, he was a fantastic player for us; always did the business whenever he crossed the touchline. But now either him or Joorabchian (or both) are just taking the piss. He signed a new five (?) year contract at the end of last year, for the sort of money per week that most of us on here wouldn't earn in a lifetime. The club has bent over backwards to accommodate him giving him time off to see his kids. Now he's saying he wants to leave as he's missing his kids. So, wasn't he missing them last Christmas then? What changed in six months?

This is my take on it too. Not bothered now we have aguero.
I must admit though I have a tiny urge to see them take on the prem together at least till January.
Would be awesome.

His comments about God's Little Acre were ignorant, but then he's not the brightest bulb at Carrington. The minute he is on the pitch yer get a shedload from him. He will not do the Ade-thing, arse about and unless the ball is at his feet not make the effort. If nobody is gonna pay the going price he can stay. These defenders who have a smile on their faces when they think they have seen off the threat of Aguero and Dzeko can look across an' see Carlos coming on after an hour! He's ours, he doesn't like Manchester, Manchester might not be too fond of him, but he'll score goals!

I don't care anymore. I just want it sorted one way or another.

If he stays and scores, great. If he goes, then we move on without him.

No player ever has and ever will be bigger than the club.

jimharri said:
Indifferent to him now, really. Yeah, he was a fantastic player for us; always did the business whenever he crossed the touchline. But now either him or Joorabchian (or both) are just taking the piss. He signed a new five (?) year contract at the end of last year, for the sort of money per week that most of us on here wouldn't earn in a lifetime. The club has bent over backwards to accommodate him giving him time off to see his kids. Now he's saying he wants to leave as he's missing his kids. So, wasn't he missing them last Christmas then? What changed in six months?

That's news to me.

I hope he stays until January at least. Don't give crap what he thinks of Manchester. As long as he's playing well he'd be in my team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.