Texas court halts sale of Dippers

marco said:
fbloke said:
Mill financial are about to buy the debt apparently!

is that good orbad

It sorts everything out as they have bought Hicks and Gilletts debt as well.

So Liverpool go into the sunny uplands for now.

How funny would it be to see Hicks as lifetime president in honour of his work for Liverpool ;-)

fbloke said:
Mill financial are about to buy the debt apparently!

Mill are in with H&G - take Gillett out of equation, though.

Hicks is the gunslinger and isn't putting down his pistol.

The tax man would not let you sell your home for less than the realistic market value and would be the subject of investigation.

What makes anyone think a bid shortfall of £60m will be acceptable to unwilling sellers.

I pay my mortgage, it is currently very low, just because the bank want their monies back as quickly as possible, they can't just enforce me to sell or in Liverpool's case, enact a hostile repo, with complicity to various self-interests.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Is this a dry-run for when the rags run into the same problems in 2017 (or earlier)?

Sir Alex and Mr Gill assure us all that United are not in any trouble, they have all the Ronnie monies in place plus more.

fbloke said:
marco said:
is that good orbad

It sorts everything out as they have bought Hicks and Gilletts debt as well.

So Liverpool go into the sunny uplands for now.

This is far from the case, as I understand it.

Mill are the refinancing house Hicks has gone to. In essence, they would be Hicks' front for retaining outright control.

It's a stay of execution until Hicks gets the value he wants.

Mill aren't doing it out the goodness of their own hearts...

fbloke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have a high degree of sympathy for these guys H&G.

It's clear there has been a fix going on, and they have been too dumb to realise it.

All the same, they have met all their financial obligations to the bank thus far.

To be truthful (as a business owner myself) my sympathy is with them as well.

Its still their club, their property and yet they appeared to have been railroaded.

But TH, perhaps they are cleverer than we at first thought?

The UK courts have now played out and so it goes to the litigious and highly profitable US courts for the real battle. Maybe thats what they wanted when they smelt the stitch up happening?

-- Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:36 am --

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have a high degree of sympathy for these guys H&G.

It's clear there has been a fix going on, and they have been too dumb to realise it.

All the same, they have met all their financial obligations to the bank thus far.

To be truthful (as a business owner myself) my sympathy is with them as well.

Its still their club, their property and yet they appeared to have been railroaded.

But TH, perhaps they are cleverer than we at first thought?

The UK courts have now played out and so it goes to the litigious and highly profitable US courts for the real battle. Maybe thats what they wanted when they smelt the stitch up happening?
They were railroaded because of the re-financing pressure. They couldn't roll over the monies borrowed at a reasonable rate so they fell more and more into the clutches of the main creditor (RBS) who I agree have played a clever game with the other members of the board. It's been H&G versus the RBS board

For me the problems should be shared by Houllier, Benitez and the previous owners who failed to do their research when establishing how H&G intended to finance their takeover. H&G have taken all the flak, and managers like Houllier and Benitez who wasted so much money in the transfer market are now in good jobs with their reputations intact or even enhanced. Liverpool supporters loyalty has seen them target "outsiders"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.