Texas court halts sale of Dippers

Prestwich_Blue said:
Interesting information about the Dallas judge;

In 2008 the good judge received beaucoup funding for his failed campaign to win a seat on the Texas Supreme Court (yes, in Texas SC justices are VOTED into office). One organization caught my eye - K&L Gates LLP. Why? Because they provided Mr. Jordan with $10K in campaign contributions. One of the head partners for K&L Gates LLP is one Vester Hughes. Mr. Hughes shares multiple board seatings at various organizations with one Tom Hicks.

Its not what you know.........

LMFAO

Cambridgeblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It will soon emerge...and Liverpool fans are about to blow their stack...

Mill took Gillett's £50m marker last month. Hicks brought them on board when he saw his former partner was skint.

Mill are ready to refinance the entire RBS obligation.

The dilemma is for RBS...as long as Hicks comes up with £300m before tomorrow, there is nothing they can do.

End Game.

Agreed... if Mill own both shareholdings and clear the debt they will have control of LFC and RBS, Broughton and co won't be able to do anything about it.

Smart move from Hicks if true.

It's absolutely genius, that's what it is.

It has been a game of bluff and Broughton and co showed their cards far too early.

Hicks has been more than happy to take it right up to deadline, to either weed out other interested parties, or to give Mill the urgency he required.

Like I say, and I will bow down to your legal knowledge on this Cambridge.

Such is the desperation at this very minute with RBS/Broughton/NESV, they are willing to take a chance in terms of a British legan system having the power to overturn an injuction implemeted across the pond.

They have one chance and want to turn litigation into a private matter and remove Liverpool from the equation.

Problem is, Hicks saw this coming and covered his arse with an discreet equity sale to Mill last year.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
fbloke said:
Last night TRO was placed in Texas.

Since then the NESV dude came out and said he is willing to wait and that he hand a binding agreement.

Very shortly after the rumours of another deal landed on the radio and it turns out that Mill Fin have now bought both H and G's shares and they apparently are working WITH Hicks whilst looking to buy the remaining notes from RBS.

It seems that a new board will be constituted sometime today and it may well include Hicks but not Broughton!

NESV are likely to be gone and Mill will own the club. What they do the is the big Q'?

Todays date cannot be stressed enough for Liverpool fans.

Broughton and Co are at present attempting to lift the injuction long enough to sell today.

They will do it in a half hour window if they can.

If they can't, I believe Hicks and Mill may have had the last laugh.

I struggle to see HOW a UK court could possibly put an end to a US court order except by way of another mandatory injunction against Hicks and Gillette forcing them to cease their injunction.

The jurisdictional issues however make it a very thorny issue as the UK courts will not want to be seen to be trampling over the affairs of the US court.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Interesting information about the Dallas judge;

In 2008 the good judge received beaucoup funding for his failed campaign to win a seat on the Texas Supreme Court (yes, in Texas SC justices are VOTED into office). One organization caught my eye - K&L Gates LLP. Why? Because they provided Mr. Jordan with $10K in campaign contributions. One of the head partners for K&L Gates LLP is one Vester Hughes. Mr. Hughes shares multiple board seatings at various organizations with one Tom Hicks.

You don't say! Just waiting for Bobby Ewing to come back from his shower and the the full show will be on the road. As for the Glayers, at least they are based in that uncorruptable U-bend of the States. LOL! God Bless America!

The most striking thing to me is that if the LFC board had stuck with selling LFC to Dubai, or rather to our Sheikh Mansours father in law it´s a fair guess that we would never had been bought by Abu Dhabi while Mansour would have been involved with LFC somehow...odd eh?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Agreed... if Mill own both shareholdings and clear the debt they will have control of LFC and RBS, Broughton and co won't be able to do anything about it.

It has been a game of bluff and Broughton and co showed their cards far too early.

Hicks has been more than happy to take it right up to deadline, to either weed out other interested parties, or to give Mill the urgency he required.

Such is the desperation at this very minute with RBS/Broughton/NESV, they are willing to take a chance in terms of a British legan system having the power to overturn an injuction implemeted across the pond.

They have one chance and want to turn litigation into a private matter and remove Liverpool from the equation.

Problem is, Hicks saw this coming and covered his arse with an discreet equity sale to Mill last year.

All through this I was pretty sure that Hicks had a plan.

Then when yesterday happened I was both surprised and disappointed as I couldn't see how they had made such fundamental errors, amateurish stuff was my thought.

Then BOOM the real agenda was there.

Get it into the US legal system, get rid of the board and repay the debt but retain a tight noose around the board and RBS for damages!

And lets not forget that Broughton was confident of a sale AHEAD of the debt repayment deadline which went against every bit of common decency in business dealings and it showed Broughton up as a rank amateur in the end.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Cambridgeblue said:

TBH I´ve thought all along that the wimpy Broughton would be no match for gun-slinging , big time Texan high rollers - Hicks kept his final card well tucked up the sleeve

Didn't see CB's reply. The Mill investment changes everything as the Dallas Court clearly wishes to preserve the status quo with the Mill cross-undertaking in damages to RBS whereas Hicks stands to lose his investment.

The important thing is, will they be docked 9 points? If I'm understanding what's happening, I'd have to say no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.