Texas court halts sale of Dippers

wearethesouthstand said:
remember they have brought all this on themselves...

john moores didnt deal with steve morgan , the liverpool fan who bought wolves - he sold to the yanks

just like united fans and fergie are to blame for their situation - fighting the coolmore lot over rock of gibraltar and invading the racecourse

the grass is always greener

then david conn from the guardian on talksport today saying foreign owners are bad for football... actually dave you are wrong mate, ours are brill

was he? David Conn is City fan AFAIK, at least all the contributors to the Guardian comments seem to think he is.

ssg2 said:
wearethesouthstand said:
remember they have brought all this on themselves...

john moores didnt deal with steve morgan , the liverpool fan who bought wolves - he sold to the yanks

just like united fans and fergie are to blame for their situation - fighting the coolmore lot over rock of gibraltar and invading the racecourse

the grass is always greener

then david conn from the guardian on talksport today saying foreign owners are bad for football... actually dave you are wrong mate, ours are brill

How are any fans to blame? ridiculous statement. Its the people at the top who claim to be football fans who are to blame.
I hate liverpool with a passion but so see this happening is a disgrace, our league is being ripped apart by foreign investors whose sole purpose is to make money, they don't care about the fans and certainly not the local fans.

The coolmore lot would have sold regardless of what happened with fergie or the fans, they stood to make a hefty sum and did exactly that.
Your owner is the exceptional to the rule and you are seeing the benefits of that now, I still believe he will want some investment back in the coming years regardless of his wealth....expect to see your local wythenshawe lads (an example) who could easily afford a season ticket to be replaced by the local chinese population when season tickets go through the roof.
We didn´t start the fire pal - but we fookin well know who did - PLC , Sky, C.L. Stock Exchange , G14 - SHOULD I CONTINUE?!!
As for the inference about fans of any origin taking up season tickets YRCFMIU!!

ssg2 said:
I still believe he will want some investment back in the coming years regardless of his wealth....expect to see your local wythenshawe lads (an example) who could easily afford a season ticket to be replaced by the local chinese population when season tickets go through the roof.

Rags have been moaning for years about the price of season tickets and how difficult it is to get hold of one, this started happening way before the Chelsea take over so how is rising ticket prices the result of foriegn investment. Just because you and Liverpool have been fucked by it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing for everyone else. A bad owner is a bad owner.

mike channon´s windmill said:
ssg2 said:
How are any fans to blame? ridiculous statement. Its the people at the top who claim to be football fans who are to blame.
I hate liverpool with a passion but so see this happening is a disgrace, our league is being ripped apart by foreign investors whose sole purpose is to make money, they don't care about the fans and certainly not the local fans.

The coolmore lot would have sold regardless of what happened with fergie or the fans, they stood to make a hefty sum and did exactly that.
Your owner is the exceptional to the rule and you are seeing the benefits of that now, I still believe he will want some investment back in the coming years regardless of his wealth....expect to see your local wythenshawe lads (an example) who could easily afford a season ticket to be replaced by the local chinese population when season tickets go through the roof.
We didn´t start the fire pal - but we fookin well know who did - PLC , Sky, C.L. Stock Exchange , G14 - SHOULD I CONTINUE?!!
As for the inference about fans of any origin taking up season tickets YRCFMIU!!

I agree, i'm certainly not having a go at city. It the so called chief execs of football clubs who claim to big fans, they know fuck all about football and should stick to the banking world or whereever it is they came from.

As for the fan comment, it will happen, its happened to me and loads I know. Football is vastly overpriced and not aimed at the market it should be. I can't afford to take my lad to watch his team play, how sad is that and I have a decent job. £100 + per game is not an option and being honest I wouldn't pay it. Look at all the recently successful clubs and the grounds and fans are a poor imitation of what they used to be.

southern muppet said:
Reckon the owners will go for a more 'pile it high sell it cheap' approach to filling an expanded stadium myself actually with cheaper tickets, but more and much more expensive corporate facilities, and more sponsorship.

Keep hoping.

It won't happen though, in general prices will continue upwards I'm afraid.

It's always 'foreign' investment that people complain about but (assuming they're not just racist) the reason is because those are 90% of the investors in football there seem to be these days, not because foreign owners are intrinsically bad.

not that many English out there willing to be invest. And there have been shit English owners in the past.

wearethesouthstand said:
I was out for a drink with David last year. He commented then that he thought the situation at City was wonderful. So he has no qualms about our owners.

And it seems H&G are in court in Texas claiming that RBS/LFC are in contempt of court by trying to get their injunction over-turned in an English court.

What an absolute laughing stock.

cleavers said:
southern muppet said:
Reckon the owners will go for a more 'pile it high sell it cheap' approach to filling an expanded stadium myself actually with cheaper tickets, but more and much more expensive corporate facilities, and more sponsorship.

Keep hoping.

It won't happen though, in general prices will continue upwards I'm afraid.

It's been mentioned a few times though that they might take that strategy at least in the beginning, no smoke without fire.

And if there are plans for 60,000-78,000 - there's no way that would be filled at the current prices never mind more dear. Not week in week out. Maybe they'll do some projections and realise as odd as it sounds, cheaper tickets is the way to more matchday revenue, in the first instance.

dannybcity said:
ssg2 said:
I still believe he will want some investment back in the coming years regardless of his wealth....expect to see your local wythenshawe lads (an example) who could easily afford a season ticket to be replaced by the local chinese population when season tickets go through the roof.

Rags have been moaning for years about the price of season tickets and how difficult it is to get hold of one, this started happening way before the Chelsea take over so how is rising ticket prices the result of foriegn investment. Just because you and Liverpool have been fucked by it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing for everyone else. A bad owner is a bad owner.

Everyone has been fucked on prices not just united and liverpool, arsenal want £1500 for a season ticket...the only clubs who still offer affordable tickets are the ones who get shit crowds, for me thats not acceptable. What families can now go and watch football...rich ones or ones who support crap teams, once the success comes the men at the top bleed you dry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.