TFM and David Villa

Pigeonho said:
To put it to bed, i've just gone back to yesterdays comments to see how it started. It came about as someone said Real Madrid have finished their spending and is it now time to go for David Villa, which I responded by saying he wouldn't come to us. Then it escalated into how I personally believe the players in the Villa bracket are not within our reach. I'll shut up now.
You don't need to shut up, all that your saying is that players like Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Casillas, Ferdinand, Lampard, Torres and Gerrard are all beyond us at the time being, some people are disagreeing. The only reason i think they are "untouchable" is that the clubs in there ownership are the biggest clubs in the world, with massive wealth, bar liverpool.
I do disagree with your comment comparing Eto'o to Robby though, so Eto'o got 30 goals he is automatically better than our Little winger? So Robinho is better than Fernando torres? Robinho got more goals so he must be right? and Robinho got 4-5 goals less than ronaldo so don't make it sound like 14 goals is a bad thing!

Blue Phil said:
Pigeonho said:
To put it to bed, i've just gone back to yesterdays comments to see how it started. It came about as someone said Real Madrid have finished their spending and is it now time to go for David Villa, which I responded by saying he wouldn't come to us. Then it escalated into how I personally believe the players in the Villa bracket are not within our reach. I'll shut up now.
You don't need to shut up, all that your saying is that players like Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Casillas, Ferdinand, Lampard, Torres and Gerrard are all beyond us at the time being, some people are disagreeing. The only reason i think they are "untouchable" is that the clubs in there ownership are the biggest clubs in the world, with massive wealth, bar liverpool.
I do disagree with your comment comparing Eto'o to Robby though, so Eto'o got 30 goals he is automatically better than our Little winger? So Robinho is better than Fernando torres? Robinho got more goals so he must be right? and Robinho got 4-5 goals less than ronaldo so don't make it sound like 14 goals is a bad thing!

No mate I don't think like that at all. Eto'o has scored 25+ goals each season for at least the last 4 seasons. I remember going to a Mallorca match, (against Oviedo), in 01' when they qualified for the CL, and Eto'o was there on loan. It was clear then he was going to be special. I rate Eto'o as a better player than Robinho, in my eyes like. I adore Robbie though, his name is on my kids' shirts and I was poking myself with a sharp needle when we signed him. All I am saying is I think Eto'o is in that bracket of players we can't land just yet, whereas Robinho obviously is, but Robinho only attracted the attention of Chelsea, and I believe we are in that group of clibs like Chelsea who can only attract certain players. I'm not digging on Robinho one bit mate.

Pigeonho said:
No mate I don't think like that at all. Eto'o has scored 25+ goals each season for at least the last 4 seasons. I remember going to a Mallorca match, (against Oviedo), in 01' when they qualified for the CL, and Eto'o was there on loan. It was clear then he was going to be special.

Anyone would look good against Oviedo though ;)

johnmc said:
Pigeonho said:
No mate I don't think like that at all. Eto'o has scored 25+ goals each season for at least the last 4 seasons. I remember going to a Mallorca match, (against Oviedo), in 01' when they qualified for the CL, and Eto'o was there on loan. It was clear then he was going to be special.

HAHA! I think it was just after Collywifebeater walked out on them, or maybe just before he joined. It was top notch though. Me and all the lads were half way through our hol and fancied doin something different to getting hammered each night, nso we went to the Son Moix. Last game of the season and they had to win by 3 goals to qualify for the first time in their history. They won 3-0 and to say the town went mental would be an understatement. It was pretty intimidating actually, nd seeing as the ground only held around 22k, it sounded more like 80k. Loved it.

Pigeonho said:
johnmc said:

HAHA! I think it was just after Collywifebeater walked out on them, or maybe just before he joined. It was top notch though. Me and all the lads were half way through our hol and fancied doin something different to getting hammered each night, nso we went to the Son Moix. Last game of the season and they had to win by 3 goals to qualify for the first time in their history. They won 3-0 and to say the town went mental would be an understatement. It was pretty intimidating actually, nd seeing as the ground only held around 22k, it sounded more like 80k. Loved it.
I recently went to majorca, we didnt watch any games but we drove past the stadium a few times. :).

Blue Phil said:
Pigeonho said:
I recently went to majorca, we didnt watch any games but we drove past the stadium a few times. :).

I worked in Madrid for a few months a few years back and had a tour of the Bernabeau for €10. Then I saw them play Racing Santander that night for €26. Good stuff it was.

chrisb182 said:
Blue Phil said:

I worked in Madrid for a few months a few years back and had a tour of the Bernabeau for €10. Then I saw them play Racing Santander that night for €26. Good stuff it was.

They put the English clubs' atmospheres to shame, well the Majorca match did anyway. They're allowed to take megaphones etc in though, which helps!

Pigeonho said:
They put the English clubs' atmospheres to shame, well the Majorca match did anyway. They're allowed to take megaphones etc in though, which helps!

Fuck me, if someone turned up with a megaphone at COMS they'd get lynched as soon as they started using it

chrisb182 said:
Blue Phil said:

I went on holiday to barcelona about 5-6 years ago and we toured camp nou, what a fortress, Ronaldinho's jersey cost 100 euro's or something ridiculus! i wanted one badly aswell. But seriously its a great stadium, the walls are so steep, when you are stood next to the pitch and look up its like an endless row of seats :D.

2 years ago

n507370858_56440_9593.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.