TFM and David Villa

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:
Yes I know about Robinho and Tevez, but they are in the bracket of player we can attract, however the top, top players...the 'untouchables' so to speak, are not even within Chelseas grasp so we have no chance right now. I am talking about the Eto'o's, the Casillas', the Kaka's etc. There are certain players who will, quite rightly, only move to CL clubs, and CL clubs who have pedigree going back years and years, something Chelsea don't have and something we certainly don't have. Thats what i'm saying.

It's very easy to back up your point if you refuse to concede that anyone who joins is in the class of player you think we're capable of attracting.

The way I see it you have the Kaka's, Messi's, Ronaldo's etc...a group of elite players which is maybe 8 or 9 strong. Then you have the next level of player, the Tevez's etc.... a group of players who teams like Chelsea, Liverpool and us can attract. None of the players we have are in that elite group....yet.

Pigeonho said:
The way I see it you have the Kaka's, Messi's, Ronaldo's etc...a group of elite players which is maybe 8 or 9 strong. Then you have the next level of player, the Tevez's etc.... a group of players who teams like Chelsea, Liverpool and us can attract. None of the players we have are in that elite group....yet.

Whatever, you believe what you want to believe.

The reason big clubs were after Eto'o and not Robinho is that Eto'o was available and being touted about, Robinho wasn't.

jesus christ another city doom and gloomer, eto'o has been at barca for about 5 years and settled, robinhos 1st season in the PL and scoring 14 goals from the left wing is top drawer in my opinion. Remember shevchenko? 1st season 5 goals was it?
and Berbatov who is apparently a prem goal scorer?
Robinho is of the highest calibre in WORLD football and WE have him at OUR club, If you cant be happy to admit that he is on par with the Eto'os and kakas of this world then you must be a very deluded person. Rant over lol

carlos84 said:
jesus christ another city doom and gloomer, eto'o has been at barca for about 5 years and settled, robinhos 1st season in the PL and scoring 14 goals from the left wing is top drawer in my opinion. Remember shevchenko? 1st season 5 goals was it?
Robinho is of the highest calibre in WORLD football and WE have him at OUR club, If you cant be happy to admit that he is on par with the Eto'os and kakas of this world then you must be a very deluded person. Rant over lol

Nah i'm not deluded. I go off facts and the facts are we have tried on 3 occasions to bring in the players I believe are in that elite bracket, and on each of those occasions we've been made to look a bit silly, and on one occasion have been used as a bargaining tool for him, (Eto'o), to get a bigger club than us who are in the CL. No-ones more happy than me at the minute, as you'll see on 606 when i've just lambasted City fans for last nights doom and gloom. I know where we were 10 years ago and in comparison to that now, i'm still in a daze we have the players we have signed. My personal opinion however is that there are a band of players who we will probably never be able to sign, the 'marquee' players if you like. Chelsea have not even been able to do that even after their recent success.

so what your saying is dont bother going for the kakas , eto'os, terrys because they will never come to city?
the kaka deal didnt go through because AC Milan couldnt be seen to losing their world star to a club such as man city
Eto'o deal was one that we pulled out of officially and if you ask me Inter milan gone an amazing deal, 40 mill plus Eto'o for ibrahimovic!!!!
and john terry was the surprise I believe and he finally turned us down

The point I am making is not even united or chelsea or liverpool or going in for these players and at the end of the day the wprse they can say is "no"

Pigeonho said:
carlos84 said:

Nah i'm not deluded. I go off facts and the facts are we have tried on 3 occasions to bring in the players I believe are in that elite bracket, and on each of those occasions we've been made to look a bit silly, and on one occasion have been used as a bargaining tool for him, (Eto'o), to get a bigger club than us who are in the CL. No-ones more happy than me at the minute, as you'll see on 606 when i've just lambasted City fans for last nights doom and gloom. I know where we were 10 years ago and in comparison to that now, i'm still in a daze we have the players we have signed. My personal opinion however is that there are a band of players who we will probably never be able to sign, the 'marquee' players if you like. Chelsea have not even been able to do that even after their recent success.

Why do we look silly? No such thing as bad publicity in my eyes. The world of football now knows who we are regardless of the outcome and it's only the likes of the rags and chelski fans that have a dig about the Kaka saga... We have been laughed at for the last 33 years so whats different? Same tune, different lyrics thats all.
Ask yourself, why are these teams spouting shit about us? Are they genuinely laughing or are they a tad worried we might actualy be about to achieve something? Could it be we are now having these top players at least think about us? Yeh we didnt sign Kaka, Terry or Eto'o but as I said these players gave us a thought for a couple of weeks and thats good enough for me. Two seasons ago they wouldnt have even spoken to us. Time will show that these players will now think of us in a very different way along with the teams they currently play for. The "City clause" in the new Messi contract... I pmsl when I heard that and thought wow we are really shaking them up and we havent kicked a ball yet.
We build our team up far to much but always have done. If we are realistic then this season we should be happy with 6th or better. Dont forget these top four teams will just sit back and do anything to stop us beating them in games, they will also go all out to try and keep there little group together. It wont be easy for us, we will still get turned over by the likes of Fulham but we will progress and again I'm happy with that.
Just chill and ffs stop thinking the world is about to end, we are without a doubt better than we were this time last year, we have a play and progression it is... If we havent progressed and you cant see it then there is no hope you will never be happy. Anyway off to pick the little man up he has made a welcome to Manchester poster for the open day! Peace.

carlos84 said:
so what your saying is dont bother going for the kakas , eto'os, terrys because they will never come to city?
the kaka deal didnt go through because AC Milan couldnt be seen to losing their world star to a club such as man city
Eto'o deal was one that we pulled out of officially and if you ask me Inter milan gone an amazing deal, 40 mill plus Eto'o for ibrahimovic!!!!
and john terry was the surprise I believe and he finally turned us down

The point I am making is not even united or chelsea or liverpool or going in for these players and at the end of the day the wprse they can say is "no"

Thats my point though, which you've just proven. We went for them and they didn't come. If you think Eto'o was close it is you who is deluded mate. He used us to get his move to one of the CL clubs, another fact which is there to see. he was never going to come. We have managed to sign Tevez, Adebayor etc, and that cos they're in the bracket who we can get. United could sign the players in the top bracket, but Chelsea can't. It isn't a coincidence that the clubs with new found wealth only sign the players in the top bracket, and never the elite bracket. Liverpool have history, which is why they could sign Torres, one of the top 3 strikers in the world in my eyes. United could sign anyone they wanted, IF they wanted as they have tons of history. Isn't it funny how Terry has managed to get a payrise too? He had no intention of coming to us, and he too used us to an extent. I know you ain't gonna cave in and admit it, but just look at the facts. We cannot buy those players.

Pigeonho said:
BringBackSwales said:
Robinho would be in that list but he isn't cos it doesn't support your post - he IS in that bracket, he IS a real superstar of football and he WILL show it with increasingly better players

Well if you read back a bit to yesterday, I said just that, that he should shine this year with the likes of Tevez and Adebayor in the team. He has a lot to prove this season, especially away from home and the way he finished last season was more than encouraging. He isn't in 'that' bracket though in my eyes....otherwise the big teams would have come knocking this closed-season, but they haven't.

just cos he is happy where he is doesnt make him less of a player does it?

not my fault! said:
Pigeonho said:

Why do we look silly? No such thing as bad publicity in my eyes. The world of football now knows who we are regardless of the outcome and it's only the likes of the rags and chelski fans that have a dig about the Kaka saga... We have been laughed at for the last 33 years so whats different? Same tune, different lyrics thats all.
Ask yourself, why are these teams spouting shit about us? Are they genuinely laughing or are they a tad worried we might actualy be about to achieve something? Could it be we are now having these top players at least think about us? Yeh we didnt sign Kaka, Terry or Eto'o but as I said these players gave us a thought for a couple of weeks and thats good enough for me. Two seasons ago they wouldnt have even spoken to us. Time will show that these players will now think of us in a very different way along with the teams they currently play for. The "City clause" in the new Messi contract... I pmsl when I heard that and thought wow we are really shaking them up and we havent kicked a ball yet.
We build our team up far to much but always have done. If we are realistic then this season we should be happy with 6th or better. Dont forget these top four teams will just sit back and do anything to stop us beating them in games, they will also go all out to try and keep there little group together. It wont be easy for us, we will still get turned over by the likes of Fulham but we will progress and again I'm happy with that.
Just chill and ffs stop thinking the world is about to end, we are without a doubt better than we were this time last year, we have a play and progression it is... If we havent progressed and you cant see it then there is no hope you will never be happy. Anyway off to pick the little man up he has made a welcome to Manchester poster for the open day! Peace.

Just chill?!!! What are you on about mate? I'm chilled as fuck. I can't even remember how the conversation started now, but all i'm saying is, (and if you look I say QUITE RIGHTLY), we can't buy those top players and we never will. I'm not arsed about that as i'm happy with what we've got. All I was saying is there are players we will never be able to buy because we have no history like the big boys do at the minute. 10 years down the line if we have 3 PL's a few FA cups and 2 champions leagues, well maybe we can at that point, but at the minute we can only, and I say 'only' attract the players of that top bracket and thats more than good enogh for me and the way it should be too, considering. I think you've all missed my point and the way i'm trying to make it. Not sure if you's are on 606, but i've done an article on there asking the doom merchants to stay away, given what was being said last night. I am not a doom merchant mate, i'm on top of the world with where we are, but i'm also realistic to know we will never sign the elite players just yet.

To put it to bed, i've just gone back to yesterdays comments to see how it started. It came about as someone said Real Madrid have finished their spending and is it now time to go for David Villa, which I responded by saying he wouldn't come to us. Then it escalated into how I personally believe the players in the Villa bracket are not within our reach. I'll shut up now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.