Thailand

I've not been but am looking to go travelling there later this year...

Quite a few holidays to Thailand are double centre trips that include Bangkok followed by a week or so in Phuket or similar.

If you'd prefer to go it alone, Bangkok Airways can get you to Phuket and back from the capital. Or look at an open jaw flight from the UK now that Thompson Airways fly direct to Phuket.

Manchester_lalala said:
Looking at going in November with my mates. Thinking about doing bangok for a few days then going down to phuket for 10 days. Anyone who has been there fancy giving me any ideas on how to book it.

After 4 days in Bangkok I was ruined. On the 5th night I went bowling had a coke and a smile. It is insane and I loved it. 6th night I was raring to go again.

Those that mention "ladyboys" they stand out a fucking mile. Do not let TV/your mates or any other fucker allow you to think otherwise.

Enjoy it, it is fantastic.

I did it like this...

Flight straight to Bangkok, booked a late flight got it cheap with Etihad.

Stayed in BKK (finding a cheap hotel near koh san road for a few days) then booked a coach trip whilst there to Koh Tao, the cost was very cheap.

Koh Tao is (or was atleast a few years ago) paradise. Mainly went here for Scubadiving with there being over 40 diving centres.
Got my PADI License here and spent a few weeks doing it.
Not alot of night life here but having just experienced Koh San Road for a few days I was happy to see Trees.

After Koh Tao I went onto Koh Samui, more of a tourist area with more night life etc.
From there we went to Phi Phi Islands. this was my highlight of the trip, I felt high for the few days I was on the Islands... it was such a lovely place.
I recommend rock climbing and hiring out the rowing boats there and locating "The Beach"

Then finally onto Phuket, where we got into doing more crazy shit (I recommend hiring out the superbikes and going to the Gun range)
Firing shotguns, ak47's etc was funny shit lol

Jumped on a plane from Phuket airport back to BKK.

So yea, I recommend doing the coach trip from BKK (You'll see info on booking this whilst on koh san road, seeing travel agents)
I booked my flight to BKK from Manchester through lastminute.com
I booked my flight from Phuket to BKK again via a travel agent in the main front in Phuket.

Went over there with my Passport and my Wallet. I bought all my clothes, rucksack etc on the market in BKK.

I would do the flight thingy as said above- give yourself a chance to go with the flow. I landed in BKK on my first visit, and met 2 other backpackers at the airport. Next day we went south to Samui on the train/boat.
Head to Khao San Rd for the first day, to decompress before hitting the real Thailand. Get a tattoo, fuck a cheap whore then get to the beaches of the south.

God I miss living there.

Plenty to do, depends what your intentions are....

Give us a clue what you are going for... i.e. beaches, birds, beer, trekking etc. etc.?

Why Always Ste said:
I did it like this...

Flight straight to Bangkok, booked a late flight got it cheap with Etihad.

Stayed in BKK (finding a cheap hotel near koh san road for a few days) then booked a coach trip whilst there to Koh Tao, the cost was very cheap.

Koh Tao is (or was atleast a few years ago) paradise. Mainly went here for Scubadiving with there being over 40 diving centres.
Got my PADI License here and spent a few weeks doing it.
Not alot of night life here but having just experienced Koh San Road for a few days I was happy to see Trees.

After Koh Tao I went onto Koh Samui, more of a tourist area with more night life etc.
From there we went to Phi Phi Islands. this was my highlight of the trip, I felt high for the few days I was on the Islands... it was such a lovely place.
I recommend rock climbing and hiring out the rowing boats there and locating "The Beach"

Then finally onto Phuket, where we got into doing more crazy shit (I recommend hiring out the superbikes and going to the Gun range)
Firing shotguns, ak47's etc was funny shit lol

Jumped on a plane from Phuket airport back to BKK.

So yea, I recommend doing the coach trip from BKK (You'll see info on booking this whilst on koh san road, seeing travel agents)
I booked my flight to BKK from Manchester through lastminute.com
I booked my flight from Phuket to BKK again via a travel agent in the main front in Phuket.

Went over there with my Passport and my Wallet. I bought all my clothes, rucksack etc on the market in BKK.

This all sounds amazing! Roll on September.

There are plenty of low-cost airlines flying Bangkok-Phuket: Bangkok Airways, Air Asia, Orient Thai and Nok Air. Flights are cheap compared to Europe. Of those, my preference would be Nok Air because they include 15Kg hold luggage in the price. Bear in mind that Bangkok has two airports, Suvarnabhumi [BKK] (the new International airport) and Don Muang [DMK] (the older one, where most of the low-cost airlines fly from). Don Muang is closest to the Khao San Road area of the city.

Buses are of course cheaper, but then the roads here are VERY dangerous. There are serious bus crashes just about every week. I've found flights are usually only twice the price of the bus and sometimes less, provided they're booked in advance.

PS ... I used to like Phuket, but the taxi/tuk-tuk/songteaw/jet-ski mafias and the sheer volume of Russians these days spoil it for me. Still, lots of fun to be had :-)

2 meals for a tenner - that's why mummy go to Iceland
17 year old girl grinding on your groin then sucking you off for a fiver - that's why dads go to Thailand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.