Thailand

You're not the only one who thinks that.

Love Thailand, love the food etc but the Russians have ruined Phuket: I hate the fuckers.

Was planning on living on the Island myself. Doubt if I'll ever go back.

Compared to other places in thailand, Phuket is so much more expensive. Like I said, I love Thailand, but I don't feel like I'm in Thailand when I'm in Phuket. Krabi is the place to go. Koh Lipe, koh lanta and ao nang are all better than Phuket. Koh Chang is another beautiful island but it's a twat to get too. I don't like phi phi either, considering everyone raves about how beautiful it is.

Compared to other places in thailand, Phuket is so much more expensive. Like I said, I love Thailand, but I don't feel like I'm in Thailand when I'm in Phuket. Krabi is the place to go. Koh Lipe, koh lanta and ao nang are all better than Phuket. Koh Chang is another beautiful island but it's a twat to get too. I don't like phi phi either, considering everyone raves about how beautiful it is.

Phi Phi used to be beautiful but like many of the beach areas got overrun with tourism. Not a huge fan of Krabi, though it is good for rock climbing.

The thing I loved about Phuket was that there was something for everyone. Empty beaches or busy beaches, lively nightlife or relaxing more sedate paced stuff. Thai food or Western etc. You can still get by pretty cheaply in Phuket but you have to know where to go. It isn't as good as it used to be when I first moved there but still the easiest place to live in Thailand for a Westerner IMO and a great place for a holiday. There is still plenty to love about the place but there are more annoyances and rip offs than there used to be.

What does anyone know about Cambodia or Vietnam?
My brother was saying how he reckons it isn't as damaged by tourists, so if you want to experience what Thailand was like years ago, go to there instead?

I loved Thailand but it got to a point where I hated being pestered for sex everyday, and shuvved into bars etc.

I want to seek the area, this time more mature with an interest in Buddhism and to do a bit of Muay Thai.
Rather than just partying, shagging everything in sight.

What does anyone know about Cambodia or Vietnam?
My brother was saying how he reckons it isn't as damaged by tourists, so if you want to experience what Thailand was like years ago, go to there instead?

I loved Thailand but it got to a point where I hated being pestered for sex everyday, and shuvved into bars etc.

I want to seek the area, this time more mature with an interest in Buddhism and to do a bit of Muay Thai.
Rather than just partying, shagging everything in sight.

Cambodia is a shit hole. Some parts of Phnom Penh are dreadful. Sihanoukville is nice though for a week or so then gets a bit boring. Haven't done Siam reap because I couldn't be arsed with a monstrous bus journey, they bore the fuck out of me and the Cambodian buses are shit. If you like go go bars, then don't bother in Cambodia because they all reek of BO.

Vietnam is a lovely country. Ho Chi Minh City is quite developed for a South East Asian city, and the banh Minh sandwiches are banging. Hanoi is also a nice city, bit mental with all the motorbikes! Halong Bay is alright, I was there a few months back but the weather was shit for the few days I was there. Looks like paradise when you look at the pictures, but when I went it was misty and it resembled cleethorpes in November. Beer is so cheap is Vietnam. I was paying 20p a beer in Hanoi then £8 a beer in Hong Kong a day later! I'd go back to Vietnam again to do the coast line on a motorbike, I didn't have time to do that.

Cambodia is a shit hole. Some parts of Phnom Penh are dreadful. Sihanoukville is nice though for a week or so then gets a bit boring. Haven't done Siam reap because I couldn't be arsed with a monstrous bus journey, they bore the fuck out of me and the Cambodian buses are shit. If you like go go bars, then don't bother in Cambodia because they all reek of BO.

Vietnam is a lovely country. Ho Chi Minh City is quite developed for a South East Asian city, and the banh Minh sandwiches are banging. Hanoi is also a nice city, bit mental with all the motorbikes! Halong Bay is alright, I was there a few months back but the weather was shit for the few days I was there. Looks like paradise when you look at the pictures, but when I went it was misty and it resembled cleethorpes in November. Beer is so cheap is Vietnam. I was paying 20p a beer in Hanoi then £8 a beer in Hong Kong a day later! I'd go back to Vietnam again to do the coast line on a motorbike, I didn't have time to do that.
You're right about Phnom Penh, but it's a dirt poor country. I enjoyed driving mopeds about in the countryside. Angkor Wat is stunning and the people are so friendly. Vietnam is nice but Laos was my favourite of the three.

Phuket is ok in small doses but Russians a bit too dominant. having lived in Ao Nang, Krabi I preferred that area to be fair.

You're right about Phnom Penh, but it's a dirt poor country. I enjoyed driving mopeds about in the countryside. Angkor Wat is stunning and the people are so friendly. Vietnam is nice but Laos was my favourite of the three.

Phuket is ok in small doses but Russians a bit too dominant. having lived in Ao Nang, Krabi I preferred that area to be fair.

Laos is my least favourite out of the whole lot. It's probably the most picturesque out of Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia but there's barely anything to do. The waterfall in Luang Prabang is stunning though.

Laos is my least favourite out of the whole lot. It's probably the most picturesque out of Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia but there's barely anything to do. The waterfall in Luang Prabang is stunning though.
Yeah you're right, not many cinemas, bowling alleys, Nando's and Mecca Bingo.

Good job I loved looking at the scenery while sipping cold beers

Yeah you're right, not many cinemas, bowling alleys, Nando's and Mecca Bingo.

Good job I loved looking at the scenery while sipping cold beers

Some of the scenery in Laos is gorgeous and I'm not the sort of person that's bothered about scenery. But you're right, not enough for me to do there. To much hassle with getting to places to. I took an night bus from the top of thai/laos to luang probang and it was 13 hours of a bus driving on the edge of a mountain, I didn't sleep one bit! But yeah, to many hours travelling from different places to enjoy it. One thing I did like about laos was considering they've got fuck all and it's a really poor country, everyone seems happy all the time.

Some of the scenery in Laos is gorgeous and I'm not the sort of person that's bothered about scenery. But you're right, not enough for me to do there. To much hassle with getting to places to. I took an night bus from the top of thai/laos to luang probang and it was 13 hours of a bus driving on the edge of a mountain, I didn't sleep one bit! But yeah, to many hours travelling from different places to enjoy it. One thing I did like about laos was considering they've got fuck all and it's a really poor country, everyone seems happy all the time.
I did a 12 hour bus journey that was only about 200 miles. In the bus were chickens, bags of rice along the aisle etc. Then we stopped outside this house and this couple came out and proceeded to move house using the bus as a delivery van.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.