Thank You and Good Luck Leroy | Signs for Bayern

It was pretty obvious that Leroy had been tapped up by Bayern. We should have taken action against them, but I suspect it would have been difficult to prove without the receipts.

Water under the bridge now. Part of the clubs history.

So long, and thanks for the memories.

May I ask, was it Leroy want to leave, or was it more like MCFC decide to sale him? I don't follow the story much so I wasn't sure of what the main reason why he leave.
I think it was a bit of everything.

I think Leroy wanted to know if City really wanted him to stay and were serious about him being assured of a starting place (nobody but Kev, Kun, Ederson and Laporte are assured of that though); City couldn’t offer that assurance and didn’t offer enough money to make up for that; Bayern wanted him and he knew he’d be assured of a starting place there in a less intense league; wasn’t getting picked for Germany neither, which isn’t at all innocent in all this with regards to Bayern, I think the DfB/Bayern want Leroy playing in Germany for Bayern and playing for Germany...

Unfortunately the perfect storm for him to be sold.

Great player on his day. Made some good contributions to even suggest legendary status is ludicrous .

Kompany Silva Aguero not even close to these

We aren't used to losing our best players, and some of us have forgot how to do it apparently!

He's gone home for a very big pay rise, and won as many trophies as any player outside of Silva, Kompany, Yaya and Aguero.

Decent player. Had the tools, but never fulfilled his potential. So for me its no loss. And a moody player. No energy. Just lethargic at times. Some good performances.

I'm assuming If we win the FA Cup and champions league he won't receive medals as he hasn't played any minutes and has left the club.

Sad to see him go although I'm glad the saga of him going is over so we as a club can move on.

One of the most exiting players I've ever seen in a blue shirt. When it started to click for him at the start of 2017 you knew that we were a team on the verge of something special, with he and Sterling playing high and wide. A vital part of our success for his performances and that knack of being able to score in big games away from home; Emirates, Anfield, Old Trafford.

Although aesthetically his finish wasn't the best, we scored for me the greatest City (football wise) goal I've seen at Arsenal in March 2018. His volley away to Goodison the following month. His winner against Liverpool at home. We'll miss him. But who knows if he'll ever recover properly from this injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.