Thank You, Ilkay Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wonderful player, captain and human being. I always thought of him as the most technically gifted player in the EPL: he could receive with either foot, pass short or long, spin away, run with the ball under close control, dictated the pace of the game and could score goals. He will be missed, but we and he move on.
are you like me in thinking, cant be replaced. He is one of those players like david silva and others we have had, that leave and there is no replacement and never will be.. Ok media and fans say we need such a player, but you see things in these guys that nobody else has.

What a player, what a guy and what a way to bow out. Although i think there maybe could have been more for him to achieve as a captain here, winning the Champs League in the country of his parents birth while captaining this City side, WOW. Good luck to him, although Barca are snakes its undeniable that it's a special club and beautiful city.

Will always be remembered as a player who consistently turned up at the business end of the season.

Always scored vital goals to get us over the line when things were getting tough.

Thanks Gundo. You’ll never be forgotten.

Last edited:
are you like me in thinking, cant be replaced. He is one of those players like david silva and others we have had, that leave and there is no replacement and never will be.. Ok media and fans say we need such a player, but you see things in these guys that nobody else has.
He can't be replaced like many of our legends can't be replaced. They are all unique. Gundogan did not replace David Silva. He became a legend in his own way. David Silva did not replace Yaya. We have been blessed with some of the best midfielders English football has ever seen in the last 15 seasons. Only one of them was the treble season captain. Hail Ikay.

Individually, he cannot, but neither could Yaya, nor David. The blend of skills within the team is what's important.

What a signing, what a player and what a man

Really sad he’s leaving another 2 years would’ve been amazing but players leaving is part of the game

All the best Gundo

The rumours were, that Gundo was close to leaving last season, as he doesn’t think he can take the strenuous demands of the PL. He decided to stay another year but it seems he doesn’t want to push it. He’s had serious injuries in the past and he doesn’t want to end up in a bad situation for the rest of his life. Essentially he’s moving into retirement with a Barca payday in the sunshine. Just as Aguero did.
Thanks for that… He certainly goes with my blessing anyway after what he’s done for us

Its been emotional, Will miss you Gundog.

Let's hope the rest of the t/fer window goes better. So far we have spent 30m to get worse. Bloody contracts ending can be a right pain in the arse.

Now a legend of the club I was saddened last night by the news he was officially going. Not that i want to turn this into a David v gundo debate, but does Anyone else now think he will go down as more influential than David silva was due to the huge goals he scored in huge games and moments and winning the European cup as captain ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.