Thank You, Ilkay Gundogan

Shame, he has been fantastic for us, on and off the pitch. Sorry to see him go and I wish him good luck in his new venture, he has achieved everything with us. Time moves on I suppose and hopefully the club will find the right player as a replacement, we have had a good run of doing that over the last few years.

What a player! Vinnie went, David Silva went, Ferny went and now Gundog. We haven't missed the first three like I thought we might. Wonder who is gonna turn up next season and make me realise we can dispense with players and not feel the pinch. I suppose that if we don't get another treble I might think it was Gundog wot did it!

Just watched all his goals on the OS. Rather fitting, symmetrical, and oh so joyful seeing the last two!

Thank you, Mr Whippy! You've brought immeasurable delight to the FOCs in CBL3!

Yes they are well paid but some of the players have given us their best years and left on a free

Silva, Aguero 10 years
Zabba, Fernandinho 9 years
Yaya 8 years
Gundo 7 years
Nasri , Lescott, Barry, Milner 5 years

Even players weve sold
Sterling 7 years (made money back)
Jesus 6.5 years ( nearly doubled money)
Zinchenko 6 years (£28m profit)

KDB 8 years and counting
Stones 7 and counting
Just imagine if we had done it 'The nytid Way' - we would be well and truly fucked like the scum.

What does the article say about Pep.
Said he told people he wanted to keep him, and also mentions that the feeling at City is that he'd have stayed if we offered him a 2 year guaranteed deal.

Barca offered him less money, but it was a 2 year deal with a third year triggered if he played 60% of games in his second season. City offered him 1 year with possible 2nd.

Also mentions City's salary offers - which appears to be about £370k a week/£19m a year. Tough decisions, but the PL is a faster/harder league, and for a player turning 33 at the start of next season, I can see why City must have been considering the risk.

After all that, it does suggest that the main motivation was a new challenge/new experiences.

Thank you and good luck in the new club :) Scored so many important goals in the last few seasons , one of the most underrated players in the world imo.

Made the mistake of reading that in a public place! Tears streaming down my face ffs !

Good luck and thanks for everything Gundo. Once a blue always a blue!
Fucking hell, I'm sat at my computer at home watching Gundo's farewell message and my dogs are looking at me wondering what that snuffling noise is. FFS what a guy.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.