Thank You, Ilkay Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good luck Gundo.
Have a read of this. Sums him up to a T. What a guy.

What a brilliant brilliant read that is.

Says so much about him, and so much about the team and Pep as well. Carefully chosen moments described to really show what that group is all about.

Also makes me feel that it really had nothing to do with length of contract, salary, or any other negation the club could have undertaken in order to get him to extend, it just feels like he felt it was time and that was that.

Said he told people he wanted to keep him, and also mentions that the feeling at City is that he'd have stayed if we offered him a 2 year guaranteed deal.

Barca offered him less money, but it was a 2 year deal with a third year triggered if he played 60% of games in his second season. City offered him 1 year with possible 2nd.

Also mentions City's salary offers - which appears to be about £370k a week/£19m a year. Tough decisions, but the PL is a faster/harder league, and for a player turning 33 at the start of next season, I can see why City must have been considering the risk.

After all that, it does suggest that the main motivation was a new challenge/new experiences.

Thanks for the response. But as I just said earlier after reading his letter, It reaffirmed what I believed before, contract negotiations and details would have very much been a distant second in his decision making. That's my take and I stand by it.

Either way, all the best to Gundo and thanks for it all.

What a way to finish your time at City. As it mentioned at times we are going to miss him but considering his age it is for the best we don't give him a two year deal. Thank you Gundo

Can't believe the amount of arguments I had back when he first signed for us.
It took the two goals against Villa before he got the respect he deserved.
Most underrated prem league ever.
Gone but not forgotten CTID

Good luck Captain, what a dignified and heartfelt letter that was, a total slap in the face to our detractors who like to label our team as a bunch of mercenaries, will always remember the good times, we have been truly blessed with some magnificent footballers and people at this football club, hope he goes and smashes it at Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.