Thank You, Ilkay Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad to see him go, but I don’t begrudge him leaving.

A fantastic servant for the club and I could very well see him back at the club in some capacity years down the line.

All the best Mr Whippy!

The happiness this man has brought to all of our lives, you can't put a price on that.

He will forever be remembered in the pantheon of City greats, and nobody is more deserving of that recognition.

Also, Scott Carson "Don't worry, every time I come to Istanbul, I leave with a Champions League." What a fucking guy haha.

Quality player, captain and human being
Honoured to have had him here amd he will always be a legend associated with our treble
Even though I wanted him to stay I think this is the right move for all parties as hard as it is.
better to go out at the top

Oh Captain! Our Captain!
Farewell Ilkay.
Lot of speculation in the media about whether City could have done more to keep him but IMO this move is what Ilkay wanted and is good for him.

Beautiful letter from him. Will always get a warm welcome at the Etihad I think.

Reactions: cbl
Extremely moving and incredibly articulate letter. As classy as it gets.
Even my glass eye shed a tear reading that, considering the media abuse we take as a fan base you can tell the love he has for us as supporters. It’s us against the world and he appreciates our time, money, travel and unwavering support has helped him in a small way achieve everything and more a footballer could at our great institution of a club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.