Thank you Riyad Mahrez | Officially left City (pg17)

Rewatched the Spurs at home game from this season gone.

His performance in that 2nd half dragged us to a win.

Never got the credit he deserved.
Looking at the response on this thread it appears a lot of people rated him ,the accolades far outweigh the negatives , he wont get a statue , not many do , but he will be remembered as an important player during his time here.

He joined the team off the back of us achieving centurion masterclass, up against Raheem and Leroy for the winger spot. Many people thought we would not need him and he would not fit in, when we recruited Torres some stated that Mahrez would be a second fiddle, Palmer and Jesus were also brought into the same discussion. In the end Raheem, Leroy, Jesus and Torres were moved on and Palmer could not live up to the challenge but Mahrez stayed and never threw his toys out of the pram. For a player that was POTY and PL winner not to sulk for being benched goes to show his professionalism and patience. He proved his doubters wrong with his technique and cold blooded goals and will be a club legend in the eyes of fans who know football. He left in the same way he has been in City: no fuss and no drama. I wish him all the best.

Last edited:
You said you were gonna end your career here, you said this several times but we all know this is just a broken dream after what happened in early June.

Countless crucial goals and assists, best first touch in football history… you will never be cherished by those who don’t understand but your contribution and all these beautiful moments are something can never be wiped away.

All the best Riyad and enjoy your new adventure!

Thanks for your unnecessary 'stupid' remark. We'd expect a player to be unhappy at missing out but he often didn't react and win back his place when offered the chance -he tended to sulk.
Disagree he always looked the same to me. Sometimes he had great games other times okay or poor. Like a lot of players really.

Listen mate, we are a global brand and growing. That means our fan base is going to have many constituent parts, for example,
Die hard Manc blues who have been to hundreds of games home and away over the years down to people who just like a particular player down even to a City daft kids Mum whose willing to spend a load of money on kits etc and even if not interested in football, when pushed would say they are a blue.
So just understand our support is like a tapestry, enjoy and embrace it and try not to slag other people off.
As many did, after his setting in period and quite a bit of inconsistency, I very much warmed to him because we knew he could do a job and be trusted. At his best, he was really good but one of his faults (like Cancelo in my view) is he wants to be the star, the main man. That’s his personality and I feel Pep and the staff (basically as Pep admitted) had a struggle sometimes to balance that against the team needs.
Wonderful first touch and control, super scoring and assist record really, 2 disastrous pen misses at the dippers and West Ham and sometimes a bit too predictable and easy to defend against,
But for £30 mill & wages for 5 good years I think we got our money’s worth and he was OUR FFS, no one else’s.
So to the Algerian fans, like the Bosnians before and the Norwegians after, be part of the City family.
I don't care where anyone comes from, but the cult following him were poison.
If you looked on Social Media on the MUEN or BBC page for the starting 11 you could tell instantly if Riyad wasn't starting, and listening to the comments you would have thought we were a one man team and he was a ten times ballon D'or winner, Pep is rascist, Phil is woeful etc etc.
They didn't like being informed that Mahrez wasn't even the best French player at the club.
If you want to follow the blues you are more than welcome, you want to support one player and slag off the club, our history, our players then expect to e called out

I don't care where anyone comes from, but the cult following him were poison.
If you looked on Social Media on the MUEN or BBC page for the starting 11 you could tell instantly if Riyad wasn't starting, and listening to the comments you would have thought we were a one man team and he was a ten times ballon D'or winner, Pep is rascist, Phil is woeful etc etc.
They didn't like being informed that Mahrez wasn't even the best French player at the club.
If you want to follow the blues you are more than welcome, you want to support one player and slag off the club, our history, our players then expect to e called out
ok, that's fair enough. But that's not the majority is it? Or is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.