Thank you Riyad Mahrez | Officially left City (pg17)

I don't care where anyone comes from, but the cult following him were poison.
If you looked on Social Media on the MUEN or BBC page for the starting 11 you could tell instantly if Riyad wasn't starting, and listening to the comments you would have thought we were a one man team and he was a ten times ballon D'or winner, Pep is rascist, Phil is woeful etc etc.
They didn't like being informed that Mahrez wasn't even the best French player at the club.
If you want to follow the blues you are more than welcome, you want to support one player and slag off the club, our history, our players then expect to e called out

You have "liked" at least ten (10) negative posts (practically all of them) in this FAREWELL thread and "liked" only zero (0) positive posts.

So, manifestly, your post says more about YOU than about anybody else.

Edit: I don't care about your "likes". I mentioned that to give context.

Last edited:
Excellent service from the guy....i dont do any type of social media so didnt see the bsht support he had that people talk about..

He desperately wanted the move to city, him and pep had a perfect understanding. Some games where good for him, some where not so he played accordingly. When he was on fire there was nobody better in that position, had a great accurate shot on him. He must be the best trapper of a long cross ball in the league. Often he drifted out of games but i dont think it was much his fault, it was games where we couldnt get the ball forward as midfield where playing badly.

I dont think we will find a winger like him as they now rely on pace and trickery, mahrez had a different relaxed style. Scored some cracking goals.

Probably would have had one more season left for us, had he stayed then would he have got the same wedge per week leaving in 2024 ? He made the right footballing career move coming to city, he now has medals players only dream of and over the next couple of years an EVEN bigger bank account !

You have "liked" at least ten (10) negative posts (practically all of them) in this FAREWELL thread and "liked" only zero (0) positive posts.

So, manifestly, your post says more about YOU than about anybody else.

Oohh, that sounds a little stalkerish, sounds like we have a Mahrez fanboi, go get back onto Twitter and profess your love for him there. Will you be joining the Saudi League Forum now?

Anyway, back to the question......Mahrez was great when he was great, but for me, he never had it in him to change a game that we were behind in, he would go missing for large parts of those games. Thanks for the performances Riyad, but I won't miss you that much.

I, for one, am disappointed.

Mahrez has bags of talent. Even at this age, his talent with the ball is ballon d’or level.

His issue? Application, consistency, and work rate.

Look at the way KDB plays. The guy puts his heart into every duel, and plays with grit and determination. When he gets the ball, he’s gonna do what he has to do with it. With mahrez, it’s more like “oh wait, I just received the ball? Huh.” His lackadaisical nature is what hurt him so bad. However, Riyad is so talented that he had a great career at man city and Leicester, but he could’ve been so much more with application. The two psg games we saw a mahrez that hustled, played defense, ran his ass off. Last season, he didn’t care about being there. He can be mad pep benched him, but it’s his fault. It’s criminal to have ballon d’or level talent and not use it.

Oohh, that sounds a little stalkerish, sounds like we have a Mahrez fanboi, go get back onto Twitter and profess your love for him there. Will you be joining the Saudi League Forum now?

Anyway, back to the question......Mahrez was great when he was great, but for me, he never had it in him to change a game that we were behind in, he would go missing for large parts of those games. Thanks for the performances Riyad, but I won't miss you that much.

lol

Very talented player, he's achieved a lot at City, so many medals. I don't blame him going to a rubbish league for a reported £700,000 a week tax free though, I probably would too.
I think he could be frustrating sometimes for us fans due to his work rate. But he's been very good overall for us. And we're getting half our fee back so win win really. Those Wembley goals were special. Thank you Riyad and good luck.

Probably would have had one more season left for us, had he stayed then would he have got the same wedge per week leaving in 2024 ? He made the right footballing career move coming to city, he now has medals players only dream of and over the next couple of years an EVEN bigger bank account !

It will take him until the end of October to bank in Saudi what he would've made from the remaining 2 years of his City contract.

236 games with 78 goals for us, and 59 assists. Looking at his highlights, he'll take some replacing. Great to watch at his best; frustrating as fuck at other times. We had his best years; he was a unique talent in many ways, and I'll miss him. He never kicked off about being a squad player. He leaves with a bagful of medals he played a significant part in us winning. Good luck to the lad.

I still class him as Rodney Marsh 2.0

On his day, an incredible talent. A hugely gifted player who could score amazing goals. And people tend to understate how good he was/is.

The other side of the plate was that if it wasn't his day he could be totally anonymous.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.