Thank you Riyad Mahrez | Officially left City (pg17)

Looks like I touched a nerve, but yeah I was more specifically referring to those who just comment about Mahrez on posts about the team, rather than the team itself.
Listen mate, we are a global brand and growing. That means our fan base is going to have many constituent parts, for example,
Die hard Manc blues who have been to hundreds of games home and away over the years down to people who just like a particular player down even to a City daft kids Mum whose willing to spend a load of money on kits etc and even if not interested in football, when pushed would say they are a blue.
So just understand our support is like a tapestry, enjoy and embrace it and try not to slag other people off.
As many did, after his setting in period and quite a bit of inconsistency, I very much warmed to him because we knew he could do a job and be trusted. At his best, he was really good but one of his faults (like Cancelo in my view) is he wants to be the star, the main man. That’s his personality and I feel Pep and the staff (basically as Pep admitted) had a struggle sometimes to balance that against the team needs.
Wonderful first touch and control, super scoring and assist record really, 2 disastrous pen misses at the dippers and West Ham and sometimes a bit too predictable and easy to defend against,
But for £30 mill & wages for 5 good years I think we got our money’s worth and he was OUR FFS, no one else’s.
So to the Algerian fans, like the Bosnians before and the Norwegians after, be part of the City family.

236 games, 78 goals, 59 assists, 1 champions league title, 4 premier leagues, 2 FA cups, 3 EFL cups, best first touch in world football, never complained about lack of playing time or wanted out, loved by his teammates and his manager, NEVER shown the love and respect he deserved on here.
Eternally grateful for his contribution and he leaves City, imo, as an all time GREAT. Thank you

Ffs :-)

All the best you have served us well.

Once a blue always a blue

236 games, 78 goals, 59 assists, 1 champions league title, 4 premier leagues, 2 FA cups, 3 EFL cups, best first touch in world football, never complained about lack of playing time or wanted out, loved by his teammates and his manager, NEVER shown the love and respect he deserved on here.
Eternally grateful for his contribution and he leaves City, imo, as an all time GREAT. Thank you
A fantastic record. He did a great job at City and, at 32, he is making the smart move. He was best in the biggest matches for us like the CL semi, FA Cup semi, the title game at Brighton, and against the Rags. Technically an amazing player. I am sure he will get a great reception every time he comes back to City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.