Thank you Robinho

Barry Conlons wig said:
CheesySmoker said:
Everyone on this forum who is quick to jump on the i hate Robinho bandwagon and slag him off (i'd say about 80%) saying things like; he is a waste of money, mercenary etc need to stop down and think about what he has brought to the club apart from his brilliant footballing skills

Fair enough his performances of late have not been up to his own standards but he has done a lot more than that although you may not realise it

IMHO without Robinho we would be much futher behind than where we actually are now. Robinho was just what we needed after the takeover to show our new ambition, when we signed him it put us on the map. clubs are being taken over all the time nowadays and nobody really see anys change after a while, ok our circumstances were already slightly different given the amount of money involved but signing robbi immediatly after the takeover instantly showed we mean business.
He was our top goalscorer last season and lets be honest, it wasnt a brilliant season so without him we might not have even finished in the top half, not very terrific prospects for the newly crowned richest club in the world. Hughes january signings were all good and definately helped but you cant really say that any one of them was taking us to that next level of superstardom, which is partly what we are looking for.
When summer came and people like Barry, Adebayor, Toure and Lescott joined the club they were all saying how we were going places and im pretty sure all of them mentioned the purchase of Robinho as an example. I may just be being Naive in thinking they came for more than just a fat pay packet but, no disrespect to any other signings made in the first season from the takeover, can you really imagine one of our summer signings saying that the signing of relative unknown people like NDJ were really showing our ambitions of becoming a title winning side?

I think the purchase of Robinho has sped this clubs transformation up by at least a whole season. and btw, he is clearly suffering from low confidence GIVE HIM TIME!

go easy on me boys and girls, im ill!

we know your ill, ill in the fucking head, hes a lazy twat... i dont think one person on here doubt his ability, putting it to good use can only be done by the man himself, and hes faltered at every hurdle.

Simplesssss

Spot on. What are you thanking him for?! 140k a week for doung fuck all. Im not saying he's shit, he's clearly world class if he puts the effort in, but instead he hardly turns up every game and seems to be laughing at us. He's a lazy bastard and il be glad to see the back of him. We need the old "If you dont want to play for us, fuck off" attitude

CTID1988 said:
Spot on. What are you thanking him for?! 160k a week for doing fuck all. Im not saying he's shit, he's clearly world class if he puts the effort in, but instead he hardly turns up every game and seems to be laughing at us. He's a lazy bastard and il be glad to see the back of him. We need the old "If you dont want to play for us, fuck off" attitude

Corrected for accuracy my friend

LoveCity said:
MANCIO4EVER said:
But reading people stating that robinho is a "world class!"... I mean... I can't belive if woke up..... I mean is about to say that a 60 yo fat housewife is sexier than jessica alba or angelina jolie. Frankly....

Just because he hasn't looked great this season doesn't mean he isn't world class, it just means either he's low on fitness, confidence, or motivation (or a combination). I say this because last season Robinho looked world class at times for me - inconsistent - but world class on many occasions. That talent just doesn't disappear, it's still there, it is just a matter of cultivating it again... and much of it is down to his attitude and will to succeed.

Either way, he needs to stay, we're short on firepower and need everyone we can get, even if it means sitting on the bench a lot. I doubt Dunga will exclude him from the Brazil squad no matter what happens.

I want the 2008 Robinho back though, my memories of Saturday afternoons in 2008 are largely of watching this player we never thought we could see in a City shirt doing great things for the club.[/quote]

=============================================================================================

Most HUMBLY and Respectfull: If I hurted some lovers's feeling I heartedly apologize, very much.

I have nothing against the guy, who deserve respect and love as any other human being.
Quite I admitt is a pesonal obsession: I mean if City had financal standings as Utd it would be a serious issue, providing that is the richest Club in the world, my is just a fixation, insofar he stays duly benched on serious games.

but again, humbly, a world class does not drives his supporters to last untill 2008 to find out a reason to his greatness. pls Mate.
a world class, in football as well in any life issues, is one able to upgrade himself a mark over his top when needed, is one who come at Old trafford, at bernabeu, at S.Siro, turning the game upsidedown, expeccially when his side is weaker than normal because of enjuries or whatsoever, not one who after a long recovery period of full training just come at scunny a push a ball on the net, being alone in front of the keeper when the game is already fixed... that's my point, but it's just a personal obsession not a city serious problem.

shaunthegoat said:
From The Guardian;

Robinho, the most expensive player in English football, has confirmed that he wants to leave Manchester City and blamed Roberto Mancini, and formerly Mark Hughes, for making his time in the Premier League so unhappy.

A delegation from Santos, Robinho's former club in Brazil, is due to meet City officials in Manchester this week and several other clubs, led by Benfica, have registered an official interest in the former Real Madrid player.

Robinho's advisers have tried to persuade Barcelona to try to arrange a loan deal but the initial talks have not been followed up and the player has now decided that he wants to return to Brazil to rejoin the club where he began his career.

"The whole board of directors [at City] has decided that the best thing is to loan me out," Robinho said. "It would be extraordinary to come back to Santos. Playing for Santos would help pave my way to the World Cup. It's my home, where I know everyone."

Robinho's desire to leave Manchester was first revealed in the Guardian in November and, despite strong denials from his club at the time, it has now become apparent to the City hierarchy that he has failed to embrace life in England and has begun to feel disillusioned in the extreme.

After a promising start the Brazilian's form has deteriorated sharply, culminating in him losing his place in the team since Mancini took over from Mark Hughes. He was brought on as a substitute during City's recent 2-0 defeat at Everton only to be brought off later in the game because Mancini was so unimpressed.

"The first thing to say is that it is a bad moment I am going through," Robinho told Rádio Bandeirantes in Brazil. "The managers are different here. They decide a system and want you to fit in and it doesn't matter if you're tall or short. The manager was honest with me. He told me I was just going to play every other game. I told him that wouldn't interest me because this is a World Cup year and I need to play."

His impending move will represent a major setback to City given that Robinho's transfer from Madrid on the day the Abu Dhabi United group took control at Eastlands was supposed to signify the club's new ambitions. Instead, he has flickered only sporadically in his 16 months in England and is now so desperate to leave he has even informed City that he will waive part of his £160,000-a-week salary. "The financial situation is important but being happy also counts," he explained.

Santos will still have considerable problems raising the money for the deal to go through but the club intend to offer City the first refusal on their two most exciting young players, Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso.

"I don't know if the deal is possible but if there is the slightest of chances to bring him back we will look at every option to do that," the club's president, Luis Alvaro De Oliveira Ribeiro, said. "If Corinthians can find a way to bring back Ronaldo then we can do the same with Robinho."

Robinho's time in England now seems destined to be remembered as a failure and it is a measure of how far his stock has fallen that he was named in the side to face Scunthorpe United at Glanford Park today only because Mancini wanted to rest other players ahead of the second leg of the Carling Cup semi-final against Manchester United on Wednesday.

"We hope Santos can persuade Manchester to do a deal," said Evandro Souza, one of the player's advisers. "Myself and Robinho's father are in Manchester to try to arrange the deal and we expect we could be here until the end of the transfer window."

In addition to the interest from Benfica, Robinho revealed he had spoken to his former Santos team-mate Diego, now a Juventus player, about the possibility of a move to the Turin club.

"He invited me to be happy with him at Juventus," Robinho said. "I told him: 'Di, I think it's better for me to go to Peixe [Santos's nickname] and go back to Brazil."

Probably already been quoted, but is this not one of the more trustworthy newspapers of yours?

I think is better for me to be having sunbaths at Barbados drinking punches with plenty of pretty girls aside...
Sadly, none is wanting to pay me for that...

Damocles said:
In all fairness, I'd probably take two young Brazilian prospects who are supposed to be the next big thing over Robinho at the moment. I love Robbie with all of my heart, but we must face facts that it just isn't happening for him in England.

There's no shame in it, Veron is a top, top player who also couldn't perform in our league. Same with Shevchenko and Crespo.

At the beginning of last season, he was a light in the darkness. The dawn that brought the new era to a reality instead of the oft-quoted figures of wealth we have. He was the concrete example of where we are going, and was used to show us fans that the Sheik wasn't another Shinawatra; he backed his promises with oodles of cash.

Since last December though, I think we can probably count the number of truly excellent games he's had on one hand. Yes, he's had a problem with the rape case, and yes, he's had injury problems. I think the majority of fans will sympathise with this, and if it was any other player, they would be given time that Robinho won't. At the risk of sounding cliched, Robinho won't be tolerated by the fans or by the new management, simply because he doesn't look like he's desperate. I've being saying for months that all he needs is a goal to break his deadlock. Today, he got one and the celebration wasn't at all what I expected. I expected him to have a huge release of frustration and run around with a huge grin on his face. In reality, he looked like he had provided an assist rather than break a 6 month long goalless streak.

Again though, this is my point. Here in England, we expect players to act a certain way. We expect players to try harder when they're in poor form. We expect players to work their socks off, to 'die for the shirt'. Robinho never fit these stereotypes and this is one of the reasons that the fans have turned on him. This isn't Robinho's fault, and this isn't our fault; it's just a culture clash. Robinho never was and will probably never be, a 'City player'. I don't just mean on ability, I mean on attitude. Our history is littered with people who have had a thimble full of ability and a barrel full of effort. Our new hero is seemingly Tevez, who has both ability and workrate in abundance. We don't mind shit players who try, we fucking hate great players who don't.

It isn't just on BM either. Walking to the stadium, I overhear many fans saying how annoyed they are with him, and there's always some loudmouths who will give it out to him at the game.

This isn't just the fans problem though. Robinho is a big boy, and some of us treat him like a child. More than any player I've ever seen, he is allowed privileges to do things (such as escape to Brazil) with almost zero repercussion with some of our fanbase. Nobody will argue that he consistently underperforms, yet everybody has a built in excuse for him. Nobody is coming forward to give Richards an excuse when he plays badly, nor Lescott when he plays badly. Those guys get ran through the mill.

If Robinho is low on confidence or motivation, it is through his own fault. He needs to realise that nobody can do it for him, he has to take it on himself to perform better. Whether that means that he has to run an extra twenty yards and dive into a tackle, then so be it. Whether that is that he needs to spend more time in training doing shooting practice, then he should do that too. Whatever he feels he needs to do to get his performance levels back, is what he should be doing. With the greatest respect to Petrov and Bellamy, there is no way on ability that these guys should be in front of Robinho. The only reason they are is down to their attitude on the pitch and the training field.

At the end of the day, regardless of how much he is paid (and this REALLY doesn't matter, people should stop quoting this as a measure of effort), Robinho is a professional footballer. This is his job, and he has being performing it badly as of late.

At the start, I said that I'd take (if possible) two future superstars in some sort of trade agreement with Robinho. This is purely because they could come over and adapt to European culture the way that Robbie never has done, without being thrust into the limelight. They could come to the club and work through our youth systems, get themselves grown into roles and then make a break at superstardom, the same way that Fabregas has over at Arsenal.

The simple fact is if this deal would be to go through, we would be trading potential for potential. In my mind, Robinho has still yet to fulfil his potential after a brief flurry at the start, and time (and fans' patience) is starting to run out.

bit of an eye opener that, wholeheartedly agree

32 mil yeh

He gets 3.2 mil just for signing

160k x one year = 8,320,000mil

then nearly 4 mil just for this year.

Yeh thanks robbie love you to.

scottyboi said:
32 mil yeh

I know, for all that money he should be scoring at LEAST two every game.

Immaculate Pasta said:
scottyboi said:
32 mil yeh

Sweating would be a start.

scottyboi said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

Sweating would be a start.

Bollocks, for the money he gets paid we should expect two goals a game and to cure cancer.

yeah he scored a few goals last season?

Yeah he did a couple of skills but he hasnt done anything this season..Hes not the big all star player now and hes sulking about it,cant be arsed on the pitch..so good bye and and nothing

I remember last season I came on here and posted that he wasnt that good and had done nothing out of the ordinary and got slated for it.
NOW a lot of you are getting on the I HATE ROBBIE band wagon

WELCOME ABOARD

:-) :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.