Thank you Stefan Ortega

He and Ederson are both fantastic keepers. Ortega is a better shot stopper (marginally) and Eddie is better with the ball (marginally).

Such a hard decision for the club to make. I’d give Ortega a pay rise and give him the cup competitions - FA, Carabao, Champions League - like Barca used to do with Bravo and Ter Stegen.

He’s too good for that but I just hope that the rumours of him being happy with where he is - given how he was going to be a second tier goalkeeper when we got him - but probably asking too much.

Either way, whatever he does he’s now a cult hero. Fantastic.
Why wohld we bench eddie for the cl when he is exactly the right man for the job , embarrassing posts in here today

Why wohld we bench eddie for the cl when he is exactly the right man for the job , embarrassing posts in here today

They’re both right men for the job. It’s about trying to keep both happy given how good Ortega is and a way of persuading him to stay. Eddie edges it for me hence being the main (/league) keeper.

It’s a fair assessment IMO.

You can disagree, sure, it’s a forum and all about differing views but calling an opinion embarrassing is…well, exactly that.

With the talk about Pickford moving on Everton may appeal to Stefan 1st choice no need to move house big downer though empty trophy cabinet

With the talk about Pickford moving on Everton may appeal to Stefan 1st choice no need to move house big downer though empty trophy cabinet
He's better than Everton and not sure he'd leave for everton. Think he'll get far more tempting offers unfortunately.

They’re both right men for the job. It’s about trying to keep both happy given how good Ortega is and a way of persuading him to stay. Eddie edges it for me hence being the main (/league) keeper.

It’s a fair assessment IMO.

You can disagree, sure, it’s a forum and all about differing views but calling an opinion embarrassing is…well, exactly that.
Do you really think Ederson would stay for league games only ?
Let me help you , not a chance!
He would definitely want to play in the Champions League and so he should, rightly our number 1.
However, Ortega does have a decision to make.He could move on and be a number 1, but he is 32 next, so that would give him maybe 3 years.
He could have a pay rise, stay here play 20 games or so, in a wonderful stadium and training ground etc etc.
Maybe then become part of the furniture like Scott Carson and stay for several years.
Would love him to stay. but I would be more concerned if Ederson left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.