Thank you Sven!!

yankblue said:
GoForGlory said:
Hehe, there is no part two to that video! =)

Ireland's winner against Sunderland wasn't there, was it? I've been looking for that goal, seem to remember it was almost last minute.

Edit: maybe it wasn't the sunderland one. What match was it then, I seem to remember Stevie scoring with quite a long shot in the last minutes of a match.

I think it was against reading in stoppage time? could be wrong though

I remember vass's winner against sunderland! one of the last games of the season, it just rolled into the back of the net, one of the funniest goals i've ever seen

Yeah, that was it. Complete. Fu?!*ng. Euphoria. :)

I'd also have Sven back actually, but I don't think it's really worth crying about now. MH still hasn't really convinced me but there's no point bringing anyone in now.

mammutly said:
morleyswife said:
blue2k9 said:
bring sven back everything was oki
please dont - second half of the season was as bad as the first was good

That was not Sven's doing.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Thaskin decided a major overhaul was needed.

The rest is history.

It needed an overhaul because it was broke, do you honestly think if Sven was winning games in dec 07 and 08 he would have lost his job? Cmon reality please.

Sven lost his job because we were doing great - FFS

morleyswife said:
mammutly said:
morleyswife said:
blue2k9 said:
bring sven back everything was oki

The rest is history.

It needed an overhaul because it was broke, do you honestly think if Sven was winning games in dec 07 and 08 he would have lost his job? Cmon reality please.

There's a major irony in there given our current situation.

What happened was this:

Sven made a winning team from nothing really. However, he knew, as well as anybody else, that other teams would eventually suss us out and that major work was needed. He, like we, was promised this was possible and that the money was there to strengthen the squad. So, he made detailed plans and presented them to Shinawatra at their summit meeting in December. He was then told that plans had changed and that there was no money. Sven protests and in fact dares to disagree with Dr Dictator - result, he is effectively sacked. All the plans, the team development etc. Everything is wiped out. Sven and his players are naturally gutted. Thaksin goes on to compound the problems by further undermining the manager making him publicly a 'dead man walking'.

Thaksin then believes that he personally can do better. It's effectivey season over. Shiawatra signs Jo off his own bat and appoints Garry Cook.

That's what went wrong in the second half of last season.

mammutly said:
morleyswife said:
mammutly said:
morleyswife said:

The rest is history.

There's a major irony in there given our current situation.

What happened was this:

Sven made a winning team from nothing really. However, he knew, as well as anybody else, that other teams would eventually suss us out and that major work was needed. He, like we, was promised this was possible and that the money was there to strengthen the squad. So, he made detailed plans and presented them to Shinawatra at their summit meeting in December. He was then told that plans had changed and that there was no money. Sven protests and in fact dares to disagree with Dr Dictator - result, he is effectively sacked. All the plans, the team development etc. Everything is wiped out. Sven and his players are naturally gutted. Thaksin goes on to compound the problems by further undermining the manager making him publicly a 'dead man walking'.

Thaksin then believes that he personally can do better. It's effectivey season over. Shiawatra signs Jo off his own bat and appoints Garry Cook.

That's what went wrong in the second half of last season.

cheers for the post fella, what a good insight to what actualy happend!

I'm sorry but I much preferred this video...

<a class="postlink" href="http://video.libero.it/app/play?id=765014beb236def41c3c560dec46712b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://video.libero.it/app/play?id=7650 ... 0dec46712b</a>

Despite us being shit that season, there are some of my best city related memories on that video. Sheff United away and Ireland getting that goal in the last few minutes, boxing day 06 - quality.

A few days later Beasley scoring at West Ham when it was pissing it down - brilliant moment.

Aston Villa away with Distins running the length of the pitch. Reynas best game for City.

Just moving my stuff into my flat at Uni thinking we'd lost against Everton to get a phone call off my uncle screaming down the phone 'Richards! Last fucking minute! What a goal!'

Corradi knighting Barton after battering Fulham. Easter Monday at Craven Cottage - Barton was brilliant that day.

How empty the stadium was that year.

Mpenza, Ball and Johnson playing such a big part in the victories at Boro and Newcastle.

Ishy Millers run against West Ham.

The only things missing were - Irelands goal against Preston. Ball stamping on Ronaldo. The general atmosphere/scenes when we played United at home. Barton showing his arse to the Everton fans.

Things they thankfully kept out - Vassells pen against United. Dunnes OG against Wigan. Richards' substitution reaction against Reading. Anything from the Cup game against Blackburn.

liamctid said:
I'm sorry but I much preferred this video...

<a class="postlink" href="http://video.libero.it/app/play?id=765014beb236def41c3c560dec46712b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://video.libero.it/app/play?id=7650 ... 0dec46712b</a>

Despite us being shit that season, there are some of my best city related memories on that video. Sheff United away and Ireland getting that goal in the last few minutes, boxing day 06 - quality.

A few days later Beasley scoring at West Ham when it was pissing it down - brilliant moment.

Aston Villa away with Distins running the length of the pitch. Reynas best game for City.

Just moving my stuff into my flat at Uni thinking we'd lost against Everton to get a phone call off my uncle screaming down the phone 'Richards! Last fucking minute! What a goal!'

Corradi knighting Barton after battering Fulham. Easter Monday at Craven Cottage - Barton was brilliant that day.

How empty the stadium was that year.

Mpenza, Ball and Johnson playing such a big part in the victories at Boro and Newcastle.

Ishy Millers run against West Ham.

The only things missing were - Irelands goal against Preston. Ball stamping on Ronaldo. The general atmosphere/scenes when we played United at home. Barton showing his arse to the Everton fans.

Things they thankfully kept out - Vassells pen against United. Dunnes OG against Wigan. Richards' substitution reaction against Reading. Anything from the Cup game against Blackburn.

Its a good vid, but that first vid does something to make me happy

What strikes me about those vids is the forward intertwining runs of our forwards making space, is a total world/ class apart from what we do now!

It's like now, we're direct with the counter and nobody seems to pile in to confuse the enemy. It's left to Rob to make a goal, slide a ball through, whatever.

It's a total surprise watching the truth of difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.