Thanks Tevez

Fantastic player for us,a true warrior,will miss him,we got good value for his time here and helped lift the club back to the top.Good luck for the future to him.

On the pitch a great player and gave his all. I'll miss his endless efforts, but I won't miss him playing with his head down and overlooking numerous possibillities.

Off the pitch I still haven't forget his snipes at Manchester, his 2 or 3 transfer-requests and Munich (although Mancini was at fault as well).

Think it's the right time for him to go and for us to sell him.

Blueband Brother said:
Carlos Two-face.

Carlos Tevez is still one of the best players in the world. I remember that world cup game in Germany against Serbia where he and Messi absolutely tore the Serbian defense apart. Then they were considered as the two brightest prospects in Argentina and the gap between the players in terms of talent was not perceived by the mainstream to be too distant at least at that moment in time. Obviously Messi has turned out to be something distinguishable and is one of the worlds best ever talent but I will still assert that the current gap between the players although marked is not as wide as people may think.

Tevez is an incredible footballer and on his day he is absolutely unplayable. His raging bull- esque approach, work rate, pace, overwhelming strength, balance and aggression, his vision, creativity, passing ability, versatility, finishing, set piece proficiency and his cheer bravery is something that can certainly be classified as distinguishable or distinguished. And ever since he made the (rather dodgy) deal to come to England, he has done naught but gather acclaim, respect and reputation as a world class player that always gives his absolute best. He made instant and memorable impact in West ham, where he inspired and led a fantastic relegation survival fight; he made great contribution to Manchester Utd, where he was part of a title and champions league winning season and of course he made a great impact in Manchester city where he became the greatest premier league goal scorer the club has ever seen. He was a player that truly can be regarded as a White Knight on the pitch as everybody- the media, the fans , the society were sold and impressed by the thoroughness and supposed honesty of his approach and work rate.

But if you turn the other cheek, then the reality of his complicated and incomprehensible mannerisms and personality will become way too obvious to ignore and thus must be factored in as part of the complete picture.

Carlos Tevez being the player that he is has surprisingly not been in the Argentinian national team for a number of years. For reasons I don't accurately know or understand but cannot speculate but you will expect a player of that caliber to be in that team. Despite his incredible stint as Man Utd, he was still deemed a risk or surplus to requirement by Ferguson and also for reasons I am in no position to discuss or speculate.

What I can definitely intimate on is his time at Manchester City. I will be straight forward and start with Carlos Tevez was a player I never trusted and relied upon as I identified that his emotions towards the club were not genuine. He came to the club after harboring the disappointment and anger of being rejected by Man utd as well as having genuine affection and connection for West Ham Utd and her fans as that was his first club and his first experience in England. So based on my informed psychiatric background I can conclude that Carlos Tevez is a West Ham fan, Has a grudge against Manchester United because he felt he was betrayed and rejected and has no affiliation or connection with Manchester City and only so us as a club that can meet his financial needs and give him opportunity to showcase what Man Utd are missing or have missed by letting him go.

I once described him as a lone bulldog raging and barking around the place with no feelings or emotion save the need to portray an impression of cheer dedication and absoluteness, not to win for City but to prove that those that wronged him were unwise to do so. He didn't care for the other players and always looked to do everything himself, looking downwards and just went for it with no regard for team work and coordination. Obviously and naturally we benefited from that attitude and emotion of Tevez as he always did his best, gave 100%, chased everything down and was absolutely impressive to watch. He is truly one of the greatest players to ever wear a city shirt. But someone once said that ''the heart of the matter is always the matter of the heart'' and I'm afraid Carlos heart was never with City and he has never respected the club. He seized every opportunity or instability e.g. the Firing of Mark Hughes to express the frustrations of being a Manchester City player by picking fights with the new manager . He showed his emotional detachment and lack of empathy for the club in multiple occasions not least in Munich and his remorseless golfing adventure in Argentina while the team was fighting during the incredible and memorable 2011/2012 season. He only came back because of legal requirements and stipulations but once he did he was able to turn the other cheek and impress us with his important contributions in the final stint of that season.

But as I said, it is all about his heart and since it was not for City you will all now realize that he was not able to deliver at really important moments like Aguero, Dzeko and even Balotelli because he was conflicted by his emotions and was not able to be clutch when required. Roberto Mancini has his flaws but I believe he is a good judge of character and even him identified that Tevez cannot be relied upon in really crucial moments and that is why his justified cynicism and distrust compelled him to substitute him after 60 minutes when we are really struggling or looking for a breakthrough. I will assert that if Carlos Tevez was on the pitch on the 13th of May 2012 for the last 10 minutes when we were 2-1 down against QPR, Manchester Utd would have been the champions that year. He scored a lot of goals for city, had a lot of man of the match performances but even players like Balotelli will have more affixed memories and moments and I mean really important moments in the hearts of the fans that Tevez.

Carlos Tevez is a great player and will have a great impact in his new club but your appreciation and respect for him will really depend on which side of his face you want to look at.

Needless to say that we still have to acknowledge his contributions and I thank him for all the positive things he did for the club and I wish him all the best for the future but I can't help but breath a sign of relief that he is finally gone.

An excellent review of his tenure.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
lunebleu said:
Was a great player for us---one of the best. But the move was right for him and us. Howeve,r a question for any legal experts out there. What about his recent court sentence? 250 hours of community service which i reckon he's done about 30 hours. Can he actually leave the country[legally that is] I assume we have an extradition arrangement with Italy?

As far as I know with the limited knowledge I have, he can travel in the EU quite freely, by liaising with his probation officer. If he's leaving permanently he can go before the court and ask for whats called "an adjustment" which would probably mean the remainder of his sentence being converted into a monetary fine instead of remaining hours left out of the 250 he got. He's obviously sorted it as he's in Italy as we speak.

I use to be a magistrate and often heard cases where defendants sentenced to unpaid work applied for the terms of their order to be amended. If there was a genuine difficulty for them in carrying out the unpaid work and still staying in employment it was fairly normal practice to replace the unpaid work with a curfew.

I never heard an application for unpaid work to be converted into a fine. However I would imagine it would be quite difficult, politically, to do that for a highly paid professional footballer since the amount of any fine is capped (I can't remember precisely but its either £2500 or £5000 for his type of offense). Substituting a £5,000 fine for 200+ hours of unpaid work in the case of someone earning £10m pa wouldn't exactly go down well in the press.

There wouldn't be any restriction on Tevez travelling abroad provided he still carried out the order. If he failed to do so I think its unlikely he would be extradited. But it would be normal practice for an arrest warrant to be granted if he failed to carry out the order. Which would make it tricky for him and Juve if they drew a British club in the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.