Thanks Yaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is the best big game player I’ve ever seen at City. Some of his performances against Utd were awesome. Newcastle away. Semi and final of FA Cup. On his game a force of nature honestly never seen a player like him could literally do everything. I think he’s underrated to be honest.

Great player - was a big statement of intent when he was bought. Unplayable at times, but we did used to joke that he looked like he’d put Silva’s shoes on by mistake

Almost single handed won us the fa cup in 2012 and stepped up when it mattered in the big games towards the end of the '12 season especially Newcastle and '14 season vs palace

We won the FA Cup in 2010/11.

And if it wasn’t for Edin’s late equaliser at Notts County, we wouldn’t have been anywhere near the semifinal,let alone the final.

For the record, I’m not having a go at Yaya; he has been a brilliant player for us.

His goals in the semifinal and final are already legendary, as is his wonderstrike aganst Sunderland. I was level with the goal and couldn’t believe it had gone in; the ball looked like it was going over, and then seemed to change its trajectory and drop below the bar at the last second.

His goals in both title-winning seasons were of huge importance to us beating the rags and then the candle-lighters. The free kicks in 13/14 were phenomenal. If the infringement was in the right area, you could almost bet your house on Yaya scoring; he was that great.

As for his penalty-taking. I’ve not seen anyone better in a City shirt. When I saw Yaya walking forward after Big Willy's three saves at Wembley, I was as certain as I could be that the League Cup was coming back to Manchester.

We’re going to miss his big game temperament and his ability to control a match, but Yaya Touré will never be forgotten.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.