That’s it, problem solved.

I recently took my family to watch City play Southampton.
Not only did City not win, there were no goals. No goals!

I feel the price I had to pay did not represent value for money and I am shocked that City have done nothing to compensate me.
I already have a season ticket but maybe a free half time pie would be a suitable gesture from the club as compensation.

Also, on another occasion I wore shorts to the game and it was absolutely freezing in SS3! City should do something about the dress code so that I can avoid cold knees in future.

No need to use an NFC enabled phone to get in the ground.
I have a 12 month old Nokia 2.4 that does not have NFC technology.
I just open the barcode from my Google wallet and put it into the card slot at the turnstile.
In fact yesterday I ordered my e ticket for the Brugge game and the email has instructions on how to use the barcode to gain entry to the ground.
No mention at all of NFC in the entire email!!
Well the £50 i was going to spend on a NFC phone is now not neccesary (i was winning on ebay but have bowed to your greater knowleadge) ordered and paid for my Burnley ticket and apparently i will get a notification/link before the game. Although what you have stated contradicts what the MCFC website states where they state access will not work with a mobile phone not equipped with NFC
Will find out on Saturday and use the barcode or QR code on my due e-mail/notification as you suggested , thanks

Well the £50 i was going to spend on a NFC phone is now not neccesary (i was winning on ebay but have bowed to your greater knowleadge) ordered and paid for my Burnley ticket and apparently i will get a notification/link before the game. Although what you have stated contradicts what the MCFC website states where they state access will not work with a mobile phone not equipped with NFC
Will find out on Saturday and use the barcode or QR code on my due e-mail/notification as you suggested , thanks
I used my wife's phone for the Everton game(last season) ,the CL Final at the CFA stadium and the Norwich game this season.
Used NFC for the 1st 2 games but it was slow and took a few times to get it to work.
So used barcode for the Norwich game and realised that I didn't need an NFC phone.
Have used my own non NFC each time afterwards and had no problems at all.
And yes,you are right, the original advice to have an NFC enabled phone completely contradicts the latest advice on the e-ticket email.

I used my wife's phone for the Everton game(last season) ,the CL Final at the CFA stadium and the Norwich game this season.
Used NFC for the 1st 2 games but it was slow and took a few times to get it to work.
So used barcode for the Norwich game and realised that I didn't need an NFC phone.
Have used my own non NFC each time afterwards and had no problems at all.
And yes,you are right, the original advice to have an NFC enabled phone completely contradicts the latest advice on the e-ticket email.
well if the barcode doesnt work on saturday i have proof of purchase so i am sure the very helpful staff will assist , thanks for the info

well if the barcode doesnt work on saturday i have proof of purchase so i am sure the very helpful staff will assist , thanks for the info
My wife's new phone hasn't got NFC, she's got my adult lads ticket for the game on Saturday on it and we're also hoping the barcode will suffice for her.

Can't you aquire the necessary NFC software from the Playstore?

There seems to be plenty of options on offer...

JJ
Its not something you can add to your mobile , its not an app , and you cannot enable NFC if your phone doesnt have the NFC spec. , hopefully the barcode or QR code from the e-mail will work, don't know why the club just dont let you print at home , its my printer and paper , it doesnt cost them anything.

My wife's new phone hasn't got NFC, she's got my adult lads ticket for the game on Saturday on it and we're also hoping the barcode will suffice for her.
Usually arrive early for a few scoops in Summerbee's , but looks like i will be enjoying the refereshments inside the ground on Saturday, if there is a problem there appears to be plenty of personnel helping at the turnstiles , but i could do without the hassle .Pining for the days of the Kippax walking up well oiled at ten to three and paying two shillings and sixpence at the turnstile , pissing in the open air bogs (no sinks in those days :) in the pouring rain and suffering a flat pint of Greenalls and a salmonella hotdog.
We've come along way in 60 years , can't see rickets making a comeback

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.