That 34 Year Banner Mocking Us at The Swamp.

maybe in another 10 years we can ;-)
We should celebrate their 10 year anniversary of failure,and embarrassment to Trafford in some capacity.

Maybe we could just throw one together for the Derby,if not to be an on going thing.

Exactly the same make up as theirs , the same color with the 10,changing in to 11 :-)

I saw a picture of it again tonight whilst browsing Twitter.

Then it suddenly hit me.

The Rags are fast approaching a 10 Year anniversary,of not winning the Title.

With little sign they will be winning the League in the next 10 years either. :-)

Does anyone else think it would be a great idea,if we reciprocated that Swamp Banner at the Etiihad on the 10 year anniversary.And start adding to it every year.

A constant reminder of how the mighty have fallen.

I hated the one at the Swamp,it cut like a knife.

Would love those fuckers to see our piss take Banner every televised game.

Would definitely contribute.

I think it would be hilarious.

What do other Blues think ?

Absolutely not, let's never stoop to the mentality of a Rag.

I wouldn't personally call it small minded, or arrogant.

Theirs really was the very definition of this.

Back when they had that Banner going they yearly had a Sideboard full of Silver.

Yet they still had to stick the knife in and twist it.

We were no threat to anyone then,we were literally fighting for survival most seasons.

We have always lived in their Heads rent free.

Me reciprocate is nothing more than banter.

Nothing to do with anything else.

Just a talking point on televised Matches for a few years.

" Whats that Banner about Gary ? "

Ermmmmmmmm cough,squeal etc.

Mate I hate the stupid arrogant deluded rag fuckers as much as anyone but a banner like that it's a no from me. It was the worst bit of shitehousery I've ever seen and took my hatred of them to a new level. How the fuckers who made it and took it to the swamp never got weighed in is one of life's great mysteries.

At the time it was displayed they were light years ahead of us and aside from the odd derby win it looked like it was never going to change. Not content with that and winning trophy after trophy they had to create that monstrosity to rub our noses in it even more. It was football's equivalent of slapping someone with no arms who couldn't fight back. A copy of that banner should be shown to every new player who signs for this club and again before every derby. The message should be, "Never forget, now go out and destroy this scum with no mercy "

I doubt they will ever be as inferior as we were to them back in those days, ( We can hope) but even if they were I hope we'd show more class than what they did. Scum, never forget it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.