That band aid concert

Yes but you still shared Phil Collins (rip) with us.
His performance of Against All Odds then In The Air Tonight at the end of the afternoon at JFK was one of the greatest parts of the show. Still gives me goosebumps when I watch it now, esp the last section of In The Air. Amazing moments.

The actual concerts were pretty good. And whilst I applaud the sentiment of Live Aid, the way the charity was administered could have been handled a whole lot better. In reality it was a bit of a clusterf*ck in that a lot of the aid didn't actually go where it was intended, and there was a lot of corruption within the Ethiopian government which meant a large proportion of the money did not go to help hunger relief.

Had this discussion the other day most likely in the music poll thread.
Some folk say Queen stole the show. Not me!
U2 rocked the place out at the peak of their best period for me.

Nah mate - I remember watching it live and it started well with Staus Quo then gradually went down hill for a while - a few 80's acts probably Nik Kershaw- Geldorf - Ure and the like which left the viewer realising how one dimensional some of them were.........Queen came on and rescued it with a powerful live act - as did Geldorf's " give us all yer fuckin'n money"

Scary thing is I had a Bono haircut at the time
Your hair was like this, then? Bold move, sir.
800px-Bono_singing_in_Indianapolis_on_Joshua_Tree_Tour_2017_9-10-17.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.