'That' banner going in the national football museum?

Ooh, can we get one in the footy museum also for when United went 37 years without any silverware (1911-1947)? Bet we're not allowed to mention that on the MUEN?

For us City fans, 35 years with just an FA Youth Cup and 2nd Division play off win just shows our loyalty to the club and each other. Supporting City is about being part of the club, not winning everything or throwing your toys out of the pram.

But I love all the talk about City, We're not a threat, we're not real rivals, yet its all City, City, City. We're buying him, we're winning that, we're ruining everything.... Lovely.

Put it in the museum. Add a note to say this is the banner that the rags were so concerned about what to do with, when Man City finally ended a 35 year barren run in 2011. Such was the furore that many of United's own fans forgot they had just won the league and reached the final of the Champions League.

'Ickle City, Ruining your dirty rag life one season at a time

This for me should definately not be going in the National Football Museum!!

You're telling me that it should take it's place next to World Cup final shirts and other such history of football in this country?

I doubt it.

Its not even the "original banner" FFS ......... the original one was removed in 2004 by the banners owner in protest to the glazer takeover.

The current banner was put up by Stretford End Flags ....... who are a supporters group backed by the Glazers .....

So in effect this banner is FAKE.

I think the banner should be the centrepiece of a display dedicated to the Stretford team's fans obsession and bitterness about City.

The display could include a recording of Matt Busby vainly begging fans to stop rioting on the OT pitch after Denis's backheeler, a video of Denis's goal and a section of the ugly iron fencing the FA then compelled the Stretford outfit to put around their pitch - the first such fences in English football.

urmston said:
I think the banner should be the centrepiece of a display dedicated to the Stretford team's fans obsession and bitterness about City.

The display could include a recording of Matt Busby vainly begging fans to stop rioting on the OT pitch after Denis's backheeler, a video of Denis's goal and a section of the ugly iron fencing the FA then compelled the Stretford outfit to put around their pitch - the first such fences in English football.

Didn't realise it was their behaviour that inspired the fences leading in some respects to the tradgedy at Hillsborough - I don't suppose the museum would want a reference to this would they?

MUBanner.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.