THAT banner

I posted the following ("awaiting moderation") as SINGAPOREREDZ

I think we should have a graphic of our best looking “Men” in black with pictures of crying children and scarfers that they bravely intimidated/attacked on Wembley Way at the weekend….

A Neil Rodgers wrote to the Mcvita (mcivta 1721) readers last week about any interest in banners being made up by City fans.

One idea that I heard mooted at any away game was to get a banner done mimicking the United Banner with the ticker of 34 years.

But actually have the rolling debt figure of the amount of millions they owe to the bank.

So as the current figure is £590.4 million in their accounts released in March the banner would simply read “591 million”, but with the 1 rolling over from a 0.

We all know the Stretford end will love changing their banner to the last time we won the league if we wint he Cup.

So to at the same time put up our own up to prod at their impening bankruptcy might be fun. Also - that debt figure wil grow every year. i know they paid off the pik loans btu still they itnerst is growing and it will grow year on year until that club is sold.

So the figure can be changed each year as they publish new accounts.

SO the question is - whether you think a) its a good idea and b) the club would let us put it up.

Bluemoon115 said:
Yay. "Oscar"'s post made it :)

Always made me laugh when the bitters said we’re the obsessed ones.

Just because most of our songs are about them, we’ve got banners about them, and our players can’t stop talking about them, they think we give a fuck about them.

Anyway, Liverpool are our proper rivals.

LGHU!

I used Oscar after some posh United twat I was near on the train down, talking so much bollocks it was hilarious.
I was in the same carriage as a very similair man on the way down to wembkey. Was he by any chance going to covent gardens to see his brother?

The banner is never coming down, ignore that website.

Even if we win the cup they'll leave it up or change it to how long since we won the league

On the United tour they make a point of telling the tourists all about the banner an what it means, very very sad.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:31 am --<br /><br />The banner is never coming down, ignore that website.

Even if we win the cup they'll leave it up or change it to how long since we won the league

On the United tour they make a point of telling the tourists all about the banner an what it means, very very sad.

if we win the cup and they don't take it down then i would be in favour of our own 37 year banner.

bobmcfc said:
if we win the cup and they don't take it down then i would be in favour of our own 37 year banner.

No chance.

Were much more subtle with our digs.

Neil Rodgers wrote to the Mcvita readers last week about any interest in banners being made up by City fans.

One idea that I heard mooted at any away game was to get a banner done mimicking the United banner with the ticker of 34 years.

But actually have the rolling debt figure of the amount of millions they owe to the banks.

So as the current figure is £590.4 million in their accounts released in March 11, the banner would simply read “591 million”, but with a 0 rolling over into a 1 for example.

We all know the Stretford end will either keep the banner up if we get beat by Stoke OR love changing it to the last time we won the league if we win the Cup.

So to be able to put up at the same time our own banner (win or lose v Stoke) to prod at their impending bankruptcy might be a bit of fun.

So the question is - any ideas on whether people think a) its a good idea and b) the club would let us put it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.