That Blackburn Goal

lionheart

Being unable to view videos on my computer here in Dubai, would somebody let me know if the Wigan manager is correct in saying that Yukubu didn't touch the ball when placed at the corner flag and that Blackburn's second goal should therefore have been disallowed. Using post-match video evidence, shouldn't the player concerned be charged with ungentlemanly conduct or similar?

Yes Yakubu did not touch the ball and it should of not of counted. Nobody should be charged, except the ref for turning his back on the play. The Wigan players didnt even question the goal which was strange.

just watched it on ssn and he touched the ball to place it in position with his hands there was no foot contact prior to the rovers player running down to get the ball, it was def not a legal goal

even if he did make the slightest contact with his shoe lace, it wouldnt matter because the ball HAS TO LEAVE THE QUADRANT

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goalsarena.org/video/england-barclays-premier-league/19-11-2011-wigan-athletic-blackburn_en.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goalsarena.org/video/england ... rn_en.html</a>

I'm guessing the Wigan players were paying about as much attention as the referee was and just assumed Yukubu had got one over on them.

The ref obviously didn't see it, but the worrying thing is that he's then thought to himslef

"Ok, not sure what happened there as I was busy doing my little jog into the box. Which went great btw. Why thank you, I have been on the slim fast. But to avoid looking like a dickhead I'll just let them play on. They are all professional footballers anyway, and what's a more honest profession that that?"

He then evidently gets a message via his earpiece along the lines of "You dickhead" from the 4th official.

Do have to feel for Wigan here. Least Yakubu could have done is come clean post match - he may have meant to tap it but he didn't. Instead he talks about how he can't recall what happened and that they deserve the luck anyway? Luck? Since when does cheating and getting away with it count as 'being lucky'?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
That's what I didnt get, that no Wigan player even thought there was nothing wrong!!!
Ah, that would be you thinking the players know the rules, which isn't the case. It's amazing how many argue with refs about the most basic stuff, which it is their job to know. Just look at De Gea regarding our 4th against them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.