That Blackburn Goal

malg said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
That's what I didnt get, that no Wigan player even thought there was nothing wrong!!!
Ah, that would be you thinking the players know the rules, which isn't the case. It's amazing how many argue with refs about the most basic stuff, which it is their job to know. Just look at De Gea regarding our 4th against them.
think that was just for being nut megged!!!

Still on the Wigan/Blackburn game...the "foul" on Robinson that gave Blackburn a penalty...I thought that it should've been an indirect free kick for high feet - not a direct free kick (therefore pen).

There shouldn't be any retrospective action no. Yakubu didn't touch it but Pederson could easily claim that he thought Yakubu had.

mcfc2112 said:
Still on the Wigan/Blackburn game...the "foul" on Robinson that gave Blackburn a penalty...I thought that it should've been an indirect free kick for high feet - not a direct free kick (therefore pen).

You mean where he studded him in the head and drew blood? It was a bit more than a raised foot, so a direct free kick inside penalty area (hence penalty) for kicking an opponent was awarded.

Carver said:
mcfc2112 said:

You mean where he studded him in the head and drew blood? It was a bit more than a raised foot, so a direct free kick inside penalty area (hence penalty) for kicking an opponent was awarded.
True, it was dangerous play that was given.

des hardi said:
malg said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
That's what I didnt get, that no Wigan player even thought there was nothing wrong!!!
Ah, that would be you thinking the players know the rules, which isn't the case. It's amazing how many argue with refs about the most basic stuff, which it is their job to know. Just look at De Gea regarding our 4th against them.

The nutmeg was the 5th, the 4th was the knock back from Lescott to Dzeko. The rag keeper was squealing for offside.....

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
des hardi said:
malg said:

The nutmeg was the 5th, the 4th was the knock back from Lescott to Dzeko. The rag keeper was squealing for offside.....
Correct. You can't be offside if the ball is played back to you;
54keh.png

And as for Joleon, this is the moment GB flicks the ball on and it looks like Evra that is playing everybody on;
UrKKS.png

jimharri said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
des hardi said:

Correct. You can't be offside if the ball is played back to you;
54keh.png

And as for Joleon, this is the moment GB flicks the ball on and it looks like Evra that is playing everybody on;
UrKKS.png

Say if Dzeko wasn't in line with De Gea and De Gea was say on the 6 yard line, and the pass by Joleon was made to Dzeko, would that be offside?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.