That Missing Centre Half

There's no way Chelsea would sell Cahill to us. He's had a good season. We should have bought him when he was at Bolton.

I don't understand why so many people want us to go for Vertonghen. Any centre half in the £20m to £30m bracket should be good with the ball at their feet and most are better defensively than him.

If we don't win it this year the PL should be the priority next. Personally I would go for a proven PL defender like Jagielka. Hopefully we can keep Nastasic fit and he can play some of the CL games next season.

Mattyc55 said:
I like Jagielka too.. I'd think we should monitor his WC performances as a measure of whether he can do it at the top, top level.

I really like him as well, but he is sadly on the downslope in respect of age and speed. Pity as he is a Manchester lad.

What about Hummels partner at Dortmund? Can't recall his name.

Salford_Blue said:
Mattyc55 said:
I like Jagielka too.. I'd think we should monitor his WC performances as a measure of whether he can do it at the top, top level.

I really like him as well, but he is sadly on the downslope in respect of age and speed. Pity as he is a Manchester lad.

Subotic? had some terrible knee injuries this year so it would be best imo to see how he recovers first. Balkan though, Serbian and plays with Nasty and Kolarov for the national side and a very good defender.
I'd prefer Subotic's partner though! ;)

aguero93:20 said:
Salford_Blue said:
Mattyc55 said:

Subotic? had some terrible knee injuries this year so it would be best imo to see how he recovers first. Balkan though, Serbian and plays with Nasty and Kolarov for the national side and a very good defender.

Hasn't Hummels had quite a few injury problems this year - doesn't seem to have strung many back-to-back appearances together, certainly not since Christmas?

i'd like to see us go for Vermaelan (spelling?) from Arsenal, he's said he wants to leave, wouldnt cost the earth, is good on the ball, can score a goal, left side of defence and played with vinny for belgium already, plus proven in the PL.

We'd need to get comfortable ove rhis injuries though - the last thing we need is another one keeping the physios busy,

sh249 said:
aguero93:20 said:
Salford_Blue said:

Hasn't Hummels had quite a few injury problems this year - doesn't seem to have strung many back-to-back appearances together, certainly not since Christmas?
Very true, however he seems to have recovered now and from what little I've seen since has played very well. He has been alright since Christmas as far as I know. Subotic on the other hand won't be fit until next season and it would be a massive risk imo to sign him (BVB would want well upwards of 20m) without knowing if and how well he has recovered.

littlemarkyc said:
i'd like to see us go for Vermaelan (spelling?) from Arsenal, he's said he wants to leave, wouldnt cost the earth, is good on the ball, can score a goal, left side of defence and played with vinny for belgium already, plus proven in the PL.

We'd need to get comfortable ove rhis injuries though - the last thing we need is another one keeping the physios busy,

vermaelen is rubbish these days imo

There is a centre half named Dede in Brazil. Recently won player of the year there , fast , strong , mobile , reads the game well. If you want a younger version of Thiago Silva (who is only 29) then I don't think we could go wrong with this guy. I'm amazed he hasn't moved to Europe already. Anyone questioning the wisdom of signing a Brazilian centre half , Atletico Madrid signed Miranda last year and they haven't done too badly since !

Ed2607 said:
They fucked up not buying Mangala and Fernando in the window just save a few million quid.... Well look now what ithat mistake may well have cost!

I'm sure you're right but it's easy to be frivolous with other peoples money and by all accounts Porto were taking the pi$$.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.