That Missing Centre Half

MATEO MUSACCHIO - Argentinean, plays for Villareal, only 24 and reports say he's a free agent in the summer.

Been outstanding for Villareal this season. Once he got in, the regular Centre halfs couldn't get their places back! Barcelona and Liverpool interested.

Benatia/Hummels and van Djik in the summer please.

Hummels should be top priority, he is an unbelievable centre back, but I'm not sure how attainable he is. Benatia is very good, would actually be cheaper and would also suit our system. If we signed either of Hummels or Benatia, it would be a huge improvement.

Van Djik could come in as cover for around £10 million.

I like Mangala, but I think £40 million is very expensive for a centre back who isn't world class. He's good, he's an improvement, but not value for money.

For £40 million I would expect a real world class centre back on Kompany's level which I think only Thiago Silva and Hummels in the world are.

Kompany, Benatia/Hummels, Nastasic and van Djik as our centre backs next season would do for me.

CityFan94 said:
Benatia/Hummels and van Djik in the summer please.

Hummels should be top priority, he is an unbelievable centre back, but I'm not sure how attainable he is. Benatia is very good, would actually be cheaper and would also suit our system. If we signed either of Hummels or Benatia, it would be a huge improvement.

Van Djik could come in as cover for around £10 million.

I like Mangala, but I think £40 million is very expensive for a centre back who isn't world class. He's good, he's an improvement, but not value for money.

For £40 million I would expect a real world class centre back on Kompany's level which I think only Thiago Silva and Hummels in the world are.

Kompany, Benatia/Hummels, Nastasic and van Djik as our centre backs next season would do for me.

I think Mangala will end up at PSG before the World Cup.

Benatia or Hummels as main target. What's wrong with Nasty as back up? It wasn't long ago that he was first choice and people on here were singing his praises!

Have to agree, if we sign a world-class centre half in the summer to partner Vinnie I'd make us favourites for the Champions League.

blueparrot said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Ed2607 said:
They fucked up not buying Mangala and Fernando in the window just save a few million quid.... Well look now what ithat mistake may well have cost!

Couldn't agree more. Clearly (after 2 years considering it mind) they decided there was an issue and waited until the final hours (Daniel Levy style, surely Txixi and Ferran are better than him or are they?) and then got f*** all!…… and we call MDM and Lescott incompetent!

Them supposed Gods of business and football need there arses kicking as the reason we don't have a suitable centre half is their, and only their doing and anyone who cares to say otherwise on here is as stupid as that pair.

I believe there is an FFP need to make sure we break even this season and there was a strict limit to what would be spent in January. People are talking about different players which would just be another stopgap. The club will want to make sure they get the right player even if it means making do until the summer when the fee will be on next years accounts." as stupid as that pair " that's just ridiculous.

In your eyes maybe, however to those who aren't blind it is clear to see that failing to sign both the Porto players has probably cost us the Premier League and FA Cup and possibly the chance to beat Barca and progress in the Champions League. Of course I am basing the latter on both MDM's and Lescott's key mistakes in the 2 games. Forgive me of course for basing my opinion on blatant evidence as I can clearly see your unfounded opinion is clearly superior.

As for FFP, the need for those purchases will not disappear nor the price reduce. One thing is for certain however and that is by not winning the Premier League, FA Cup or Champions League we will have less money to fund them.

I believe in the more astute circles of business finance, what Ferran and Txixi have failed to enact is a Spend to Save initiative. Rather they made a panicked attempt to do a deal they desperately needed, and in doing so have showed their hand! Just watch the price rise this summer and come back and lecture me about business practice and FFP.

Dynamo11 said:
Time to throw as much money as possible at Spurs for Vertonghen. He is a natural LCB/LB, has a great partnership with Kompany for Belgium, is still young enough and will definitely be up for moving away from Spurs in search of Champion's League footy if they fail (which they will) to qualify this year.

I said this even before spurs bought him, I think we went with Savic at the time ! DOH !!!

So no-one else thinks Gary Cahill is the answer then? Cheaper than Hummels, Thiago Silva, Mangala but bags of experience in this league & decent for our main rivals for the title. Weighs in with a few goals from corners too. Or does everyone else think he's average? Surely better than what we have though - except for Vinny obviously!

Jack Wills said:
So no-one else thinks Gary Cahill is the answer then? Cheaper than Hummels, Thiago Silva, Mangala but bags of experience in this league & decent for our main rivals for the title. Weighs in with a few goals from corners too. Or does everyone else think he's average? Surely better than what we have though - except for Vinny obviously!
Average, just doesn't get exposed as often as Lescott/MDM because Chelski play deep with two holding midfielders. Remember how well he did with AVB's high line? He'd be a disaster for us.

surely it can only be 1 man.... the invisible man.........

Gláuber Leandro Honorato Berti :-)

200px-Honorato_Glauber_2007.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.