That place near Lancashire Cricket Ground.

Well one of my mates has just made his Biennial visit to the swamp,and now he is a big Man united fan again lol!

Mental_blue said:
The thing that really struck me is the way they have to get the crowd going with all the propaganda songs before the start - and I would be embarrassed to have some of those songs associated with my club.

The whole episode reminded me of going to the panto!

Ageed it's all cringeworthy as fuck on the clubs part.

But city are just as bad, they played crowd noise over the PA a few years back and your blue moon enterance is like something out of Wrestlemania.

daveduke67 said:
What first amazed me on the way in was the number of stalls outside that were selling scarves, flags and t-shirts. It was like a funfair. Yet every one of them was selling. It was obvious from the number of people walking round with bags of souvenirs and their new shirts and scarves on that they were there for the first time or at best, rarely went. Hundreds of people were taking photos with the ground behind them or stood next to the statue - I don't know many people that would do that if they were there every other week.

The number of tourists pouring money into that club is amazing. I was wondering how much of their revenue is from one off visitors purchases or yearly visitors. I wondered if we'd ever be half as popular with tourists - it really is phenominal the way that club attracts people from all over the world.

Once I was in the ground and the game started I decided that no matter how much money being one of the two most famous clubs in the world brought in, I hope that we are never like them. For a crowd of 72,000 home supporters the atmosphere was pretty dire. Until Saturday I had only been in the Stretford Paddock for derby games and that was 20 years ago.

I really was expecting a cauldren of hatred, an barrage of abuse and a constant stream of united songs. It was pathetic. The only time that united fans made any noise was when they scored and at the final whistle, which considering the noise they generate towards us the rest of the time is frankly disgraceful.

Saying that though, when you consider that a significant amount of the home stands are filled with people who are there so they can say they've been there and have the photos to prove it, is hardly surprising. I hope that we are never that popular if it means filling a third of our seats with people who think a 4-4-2 comes with boiled rice - fried 50p extra.

So to the people hoping the we surpass the rags in attendance numbers - be careful what you wish for - I for one do not wish to sit in a ground full of foreigners who see their visit to a football ground as another tick in their things to see and do when in England book. I'd rather be one of 44,000 FANS than one of 72,000 a significant slice of whom are sit down all match and clap when everyone else does tourists.

I thought the same when I went to the cup game last season, also last season the only time they sang was at the end when they played songs, Doris Day, on the loud speaker system , it was f****** surreal to see that at a football match.

urmstonlad said:
Mental_blue said:
The thing that really struck me is the way they have to get the crowd going with all the propaganda songs before the start - and I would be embarrassed to have some of those songs associated with my club.

But city are just as bad, they played crowd noise over the PA a few years back and your blue moon enterance is like something out of Wrestlemania.

The crowd PA noise was embarrassing but that was under the Pearce Era and fuck me the football was so bad it was untrue they had to do something to lift the crowd ;-)
Not sure where your coming from with Bluemoon tho as you play Glory, Glory Man Utd so isnt that the same?

bitterbilly said:
daveduke67 said:
What first amazed me on the way in was the number of stalls outside that were selling scarves, flags and t-shirts. It was like a funfair. Yet every one of them was selling. It was obvious from the number of people walking round with bags of souvenirs and their new shirts and scarves on that they were there for the first time or at best, rarely went. Hundreds of people were taking photos with the ground behind them or stood next to the statue - I don't know many people that would do that if they were there every other week.

The number of tourists pouring money into that club is amazing. I was wondering how much of their revenue is from one off visitors purchases or yearly visitors. I wondered if we'd ever be half as popular with tourists - it really is phenominal the way that club attracts people from all over the world.

Once I was in the ground and the game started I decided that no matter how much money being one of the two most famous clubs in the world brought in, I hope that we are never like them. For a crowd of 72,000 home supporters the atmosphere was pretty dire. Until Saturday I had only been in the Stretford Paddock for derby games and that was 20 years ago.

I really was expecting a cauldren of hatred, an barrage of abuse and a constant stream of united songs. It was pathetic. The only time that united fans made any noise was when they scored and at the final whistle, which considering the noise they generate towards us the rest of the time is frankly disgraceful.

Saying that though, when you consider that a significant amount of the home stands are filled with people who are there so they can say they've been there and have the photos to prove it, is hardly surprising. I hope that we are never that popular if it means filling a third of our seats with people who think a 4-4-2 comes with boiled rice - fried 50p extra.

So to the people hoping the we surpass the rags in attendance numbers - be careful what you wish for - I for one do not wish to sit in a ground full of foreigners who see their visit to a football ground as another tick in their things to see and do when in England book. I'd rather be one of 44,000 FANS than one of 72,000 a significant slice of whom are sit down all match and clap when everyone else does tourists.

I thought the same when I went to the cup game last season, also last season the only time they sang was at the end when they played songs, Doris Day, on the loud speaker system , it was f****** surreal to see that at a football match.

Agreed bitterbilly but this sort of thing is going on everywhere. More so at OT because we have owners who are trying to cater for the herds of tourists that they bring to the games every other week, make the 'experience' as joyful as possible and they'll come back. Stuff like this has got nothing to do with the proper fans, I sit there and cringe at some of the stuff that gets played over the PA. Maybe one day we'll get owners who are more in tocuh with the local fan, or more likely maybe one day the football bubble will burst completely and the real fans can be left to pick up the pieces and start again

urmstonlad said:
Mental_blue said:

we still play the crowd noise recording,no fooker can hear it mind it was recorded at the swamp.!!
Is it true that for Crawley town the pa tune will be "silence is golden".

samharris said:
urmstonlad said:

we still play the crowd noise recording,no fooker can hear it mind it was recorded at the swamp.!!
Is it true that for Crawley town the pa tune will be "silence is golden".

Close, Depeche Mode -Enjoy the Silence

kippaxwarrior said:
urmstonlad said:

The crowd PA noise was embarrassing but that was under the Pearce Era and fuck me the football was so bad it was untrue they had to do something to lift the crowd ;-)
Not sure where your coming from with Bluemoon tho as you play Glory, Glory Man Utd so isnt that the same?

That's what I mean, it's all plastic as fuck.

None of us can criticise each other with this as far as I can see.

urmstonlad said:
kippaxwarrior said:

Apart from we dont have a mile long road of stalls going up to our ground selling cheap and tacky shit...............

kippaxwarrior said:
urmstonlad said:

Apart from we dont have a mile long road of stalls going up to our ground selling cheap and tacky shit...............

People in selling things outside a stadium shocker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.