That place near Lancashire Cricket Ground.

urmstonlad said:
Mental_blue said:
The thing that really struck me is the way they have to get the crowd going with all the propaganda songs before the start - and I would be embarrassed to have some of those songs associated with my club.

The whole episode reminded me of going to the panto!

Ageed it's all cringeworthy as fuck on the clubs part.

But city are just as bad, they played crowd noise over the PA a few years back and your blue moon enterance is like something out of Wrestlemania.

I don't get this urmstonlad, I know other supporters being curious to look at other clubs forums and engage in some banter but why does he spend all his time on a city site, I can only think he must want to be a blue.

urmstonlad said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Apart from we dont have a mile long road of stalls going up to our ground selling cheap and tacky shit...............

People in selling things outside a stadium shocker.

people from around the globe in buying it shocker.

bitterbilly said:
urmstonlad said:
Ageed it's all cringeworthy as fuck on the clubs part.

But city are just as bad, they played crowd noise over the PA a few years back and your blue moon enterance is like something out of Wrestlemania.

I don't get this urmstonlad, I know other supporters being curious to look at other clubs forums and engage in some banter but why does he spend all his time on a city site, I can only think he must want to be a blue.

I came on last week because it was derby day week and I've been looking today chuckling at all your reaction to it.

Surprised I've lasted this long to be honest.

urmstonlad said:
bitterbilly said:

I came on last week because it was derby day week and I've been looking today chuckling at all your reaction to it.

I think what I said might be right, come on just admit it, you like city nobody will take the piss.

urmstonlad said:
kippaxwarrior said:
The crowd PA noise was embarrassing but that was under the Pearce Era and fuck me the football was so bad it was untrue they had to do something to lift the crowd ;-)
Not sure where your coming from with Bluemoon tho as you play Glory, Glory Man Utd so isnt that the same?

That's what I mean, it's all plastic as fuck.

None of us can criticise each other with this as far as I can see.

What? haha! We can criticise you because your stadium is a dormant shell of silence. 44,000 blue generate an atmosphere that's akin to a football match, 72,000 reds might as well be at the fucking opera.

its like friggin Alton Towers round the swamp!
Has been for years!
All they need is to buy an old roller coaster from the pleasure beach, stick it on Warwick Rd and you'd be charged admission within 2 miles of it!

On a more serious note though, if the sheik has plans to extend Eastlands and we start winning stuff, tourists will be a target market if there is any reasonable doubt we can't fill 60k seats every other week.

In other words if we expect to experience success on a scale the rags have had it we will get a similar type of following on matchdays given time! That inevitable!

Went in 2006 after much convincing to babysit a young family member who wanted to see them, they were playing Reading and I think won 4-3 or something.

It was unbelievable, most people sat around without any tension or passion for their team, chatting to their friends, snapping photos with their phones. Most around weren't English or Mancunian but I expected that.

The only noise came from I suppose the few remaining hardcores to hold season tickets in the Stretford End. It almost isn't a football match but a "spectacle" for these fans, a trophy to hold up and say "I was there!".

The whole feel of the stadium is devoid of any soul or bond between players and fans. I'm sure it was much different in the 60s/70s/80s before my time (I was born in '82) but they feel like an artificial club set up completely as a tourist attraction. Shiny, pristine (ironic given Old Trafford has an aura of decay about it outside), false.

I'd rather watch Bury then ever go there again. City has a genuine link between club and city/fans and it even shows online but I dread the day down the line when we may end up like them. Rolling in the trophies and money, no doubt, but at what cost...?

urmstonlad said:
bitterbilly said:

like i said..this isnt sadcafe and we are not bitter..if we were you'd be gone by now...

samharris said:
urmstonlad said:

like i said..this isnt sadcafe and we are not bitter..if we were you'd be gone by now...

perhaps they think hes a knob jockey like we do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.