That Substitution...

MeatnSpudsMCFC

Think that topped it off today... the only player out there confident of shooting and we took him off the pitch. I thought we might of learned our lesson after the Wolves game.

Adebayor off for Zabaleta when we were chasing the game?
Tevez off for Barry when we need a goal?

Its madness.

I will never forget in 2002, when Liverpool were playing Bayer Leverkusen in the quarterfinal of the Champions League, they needed to draw in the Bay Arena to go through to the semis to meet Man U - who they had already done the domestic double over.

With 20 minutes to go and the score at 1-1, and Leverkusen completely out of ideas as Liverpool were well on top, Houllier took off Dietmar Hamann, their defensive midfielder who was controlling the game, and brought on a striker in Jari Litmanen.

Leverkusen promptly scored three goals and knocked Liverpool out.

Houllier survived a couple more seasons but that substitution was never forgiven or forgotten.

And Mancini made precisely the same error today.

Shocking sub or not.

Booing both Barry* and the manager for that is fucking pathetic & disgraceful.

Really don't like the way our support is headed, thousands of fans leaving before the final whistle instead of urging the team on pretty much summed us up since Mansour arrived at the club.

Chrisdunk said:
Really don't like the way our support is headed, thousands of fans leaving before the final whistle instead of urging the team on pretty much summed us up since Mansour arrived at the club.

Happens to every club that spends quickly and heavily and doesn't start winning trophies to match

Barry had a good shot on goal, don't forget.

And Tevez wasn't hitting it today.... Barry is also defense minded and the last thing we wanted was to concede one late....

Milner played well, so why would anyone boo him???

Booing fans suck. Stay home.

Can't really explain or defend the sub.

Sometimes Mancini is a bit stubborn for hid own good, a bit of pragmatism wouldn't go astray every now and then.

scenecreamer said:
Barry had a good shot on goal, don't forget.

And Tevez wasn't hitting it today.... Barry is also defense minded and the last thing we wanted was to concede one late....

Milner played well, so why would anyone boo him???

Booing fans suck. Stay home.

if you're right about the above and Tevez wasn't injured or totally out of gas I'd be pretty surprised.

anyone around on here claim to know the rationale behind our last substitution? (which would have to come from a reasonable source?)

Like everybody else I think Tevez is awesome but today he was awful. He should have been dragged off sooner. He ran down Blind Alleys; had no first touch; he was playing angry; and to top it all he handballed with the Goal at his mercy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.