Thatcher dead

BluePurgatory said:
pominoz said:
BluePurgatory said:
You are so wrong and this is from someome who was born in Openshaw and dragged up in Collyhurst.

Openshaw? You posh bastard.

Yep off Ashton Old Road good memories as a kid. A day out was playing on blackie brook (await the sarcie comments from the usual suspects)

I dreamed of living in Openshaw..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1by0-nkKOTs[/youtube]

Prestwich_Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Just a quick question bit off topic of Thatcher is dead

Say Ed and Ed win the next election (more than likely) and say right we will renationalise power and rail. How do they go about that i.e price and making the owning companies sell?
They buy the shares in the same way Thaksin took over us and Sheikh Mansour bought it from him.

But would that not depend on the seller wanting to sell, I imagine they would pass a bill and it would be a compulsory purchase?

BluePurgatory said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Say Ed and Ed win the next election (more than likely) and say right we will renationalise power and rail. How do they go about that i.e price and making the owning companies sell?
They buy the shares in the same way Thaksin took over us and Sheikh Mansour bought it from him.

But would that not depend on the seller wanting to sell, I imagine they would pass a bill and it would be a compulsory purchase?

There really would be a mass exodus then.

Prestwich_Blue said:
pominoz said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Yes she did and that meant you couldn't spend what you hadn't earned and if you tried to sell poor quality goods at inflated prices, no one would buy them.

Very simplistic view of it's tenure, as well you know.
I don't know that at all. I've read her autobiography (probably unlike the vast majority on here) and that's a very condensed version of her philosophy. But certainly not a simplistic one.

I am sure that was a very unbiased account by the "Lady".

Edit-Or the lackey doing it.

TonyBook said:
BluePurgatory said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

But perhaps the likes of Pio would return so he could stand shoulder to shoulder with his comrades!

Naturally some strong views from everyone on here, but what about this:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=281204" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=281204</a>

Whelan & Madjeski pushing for a minutes silence for Thatcher at football at the weekend?

BluePurgatory said:
TonyBook said:
BluePurgatory said:

But perhaps the likes of Pio would return so he could stand shoulder to shoulder with his comrades!

Not biting Bible boy, i had the balls to start a new life, half way around the world,at 21.
I knew the game was up for us when fuckers like you took control. Christian? my arse.

BoyBlue_1985 said:

compulsory purchase of assets, i dont think it even needs an act of parliament.

cost would be an independant asessment of asset value plus a multiple of profits. obvioulsy as the rail doesnt make any profits without public subsidy then for rail the multiple of profit would be zero

pominoz said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
pominoz said:
Very simplistic view of it's tenure, as well you know.
I don't know that at all. I've read her autobiography (probably unlike the vast majority on here) and that's a very condensed version of her philosophy. But certainly not a simplistic one.

I am sure that was a very unbiased account by the "Lady".

Edit-Or the lackey doing it.
She did it herself more or less and I tend to assume most political biographies present their subject in a flattering light. The only ones I've read where the author is quite open about their failings are Richard Crossman, Alan Clark & to a slightly lesser extent Chris Mullin

But it's still a fascinating read about one of the most explosive political eras. I suspect she's not the sort of person who would ever admit to making a mistake anyway, apart from maybe some faux admission that she made a mistake by not being radical enough

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Rascal said:
Nowhere in the 83 manifesto was there a call for the 200 biggest companies being taken into public ownership

Regarding North Sea oil itself, Labour pledged to set up a new "powerful national oil company" in pursuance of its objective of bringing the North Sea oil industry into public ownership. The Tories' programme of privatisation would be halted – and a new programme of public ownership initiated. In addition to re-nationalising the industries already sold off, "significant public stakes would be taken in electronics, pharmaceuticals, health equipment and building materials; and also in other important sectors, as required in the national interest".

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/jun/10/labour.margaretthatcher" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... etthatcher</a>

Maybe not 200, possibly more according to that.

Thing is i see that as a good thing :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.