Thatcher dead

BluePurgatory said:
pominoz said:
BluePurgatory said:
Is that the British system or the Australian?

The Australian system is open to all (with talent), not just those that have a birthright for seats.
Hard for someone like you to understand, but being a high ranking bible basher does not get you a gig, sorry.

I don't understand why you should be so concerned what happens over here? After all, you deserted your comrades back in the 80's when things got a bit rough after your stunt as a YTS.

I deserted?
The country i was born in and grew up in , was a fucking wasteland for the likes of me.
Yes, i took the first chance i had to get out and make a life i could only dream of in the UK, and have never regretted it.
Just because you never had the balls (or thought you had the big guy upstairs on your side, so all would be good) do not blame me for having a great life.

Peace, you god bothering arsehole. ;)

Prestwich_Blue said:
TonyBook said:
Skashion said:
Comedy. You talk of truth telling and facts and yet several times you talked about the country being bankrupt under Labour. What a farcical comment to make. Bankruptcy is when the worth of your assets don't exceed your debt. Britain was not only not at that point, it was never anywhere near that point. You've imagined this out of thin air.

[bigimg]http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/public-sector-debt-perc-gdp-hmT.png[/bigimg]

As you can see, our public debt actually went DOWN under Callaghan. Of course it went down too, under the latter years of Thatcher after remaining steady for a while but you should expect that for two reasons:

1. North Sea oil, brought in huge revenues Callaghan never had. If you want to see the impact it had, see this: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.edmundconway.com/2013/04/thatcher-and-north-sea-oil/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.edmundconway.com/2013/04/tha ... h-sea-oil/</a>
2. Selling off of public assets.

However, selling off public assets i.e. privatisation, doesn't improve your situation with respect to bankruptcy does it? It's simply using an asset to pay off a debt. It doesn't make you richer unless you sell above market value. But Thatcher didn't sell above market value did she? She sold below market value. Well below market value. I think I'm right in saying everything that was privatised at least doubled its floatation price on the first day with many highly oversubscribed. The privatised companies have certainly done well since: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/f35867fa-2e06-11df-b85c-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2Q43J83O3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/f35867fa-2e06 ... z2Q43J83O3</a> Which suggest perhaps Thatcher threw money away rather than made any of it?

You could also say the oil money was poorly spent as well. Indeed, she is frequently criticised for not setting up a Sovereign Wealth Fund like many other oil rich nations have and who are in much better financial positions. It was pretty much squandered in my opinion.

Anyway, I enjoyed that trip down fact alley. :-)

Can we have more stats on fact alley?

North Sea Oil revenue year by year
Market Value of the privatised companies

-- Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:05 pm --

pominoz said:
The Australian system is open to all (with talent), not just those that have a birthright for seats.
Hard for someone like you to understand, but being a high ranking bible basher does not get you a gig, sorry.

Isn't that the logic that drove Lady Thatcher?
It was but he can't see it.

We have a system that does not rely on what tie you wear, it is on how smart you are.

pominoz said:
BluePurgatory said:
pominoz said:

I don't understand why you should be so concerned what happens over here? After all, you deserted your comrades back in the 80's when things got a bit rough after your stunt as a YTS.

I deserted?
The country i was born in and grew up in , was a fucking wasteland for the likes of me.
Yes, i took the first chance i had to get out and make a life i could only dream of in the UK, and have never regretted it.
Just because you never had the balls (or thought you had the big guy upstairs on your side, so all would be good) do not blame me for having a great life.

Raw nerve been hit again has it? Its becoming very obvious that you have a serious inferiority complex and its fully justified.

pominoz said:
BluePurgatory said:
pominoz said:

I deserted?

So you would have preferred a future whereby all that was expected of you and all you had to aspire to was a life down the pits or in some god awful factory like your father/granfather etc?

pominoz said:
BluePurgatory said:
pominoz said:

I deserted?

How old are you ?

You could come back and be just as successful.

I don't blame you for staying because you can sit on the fence with the lions and ashes teams. ;)

Who will you be supporting? My guess is the aussies.

-- Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:37 pm --

pominoz said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
TonyBook said:
Can we have more stats on fact alley?

North Sea Oil revenue year by year
Market Value of the privatised companies

-- Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:05 pm --

Isn't that the logic that drove Lady Thatcher?
It was but he can't see it.

We have a system that does not rely on what tie you wear, it is on how smart you are.

Intelligent? I agree!

TonyBook said:
pominoz said:
BluePurgatory said:

I deserted?

How old are you ;) ?

I don't blame you for staying because you can sit on the fence with the lions and ashes teams.

Judging by the amount of time he spends on here and as BB asked if he sleeps, he prob still lives in the UK, emptying those pots and pans in cheetham hill, and this is the reason why he comes across as being so bitter!

blue81 said:
pominoz said:
BluePurgatory said:

I deserted?

So you would have preferred a future whereby all that was expected of you and all you had to aspire to was a life down the pits or in some god awful factory like your father/granfather etc?

How do you make that out of the post i made?<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:44 pm --<br /><br />
TonyBook said:
pominoz said:
BluePurgatory said:

I deserted?

How old are you ?

I don't blame you for staying because you can sit on the fence with the lions and ashes teams. ;)

!

Your point is?
48 years old if you must know.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BluePurgatory said:
mackenzie said:
I can't think of a worse association for a supposed Labour PM. He should be ashamed.

And don't forget Brown who invited the Lady to no 10 and has a painting of her commissioned!
He was another one who was ideologically driven and didn't appear to have an ounce of human feeling in his body. So no surprise there.

He was a politician with a job to do, not a bloody vicar!

;)

BluePurgatory said:
pominoz said:
BluePurgatory said:

I deserted?

Raw nerve been hit again has it? Its becoming very obvious that you have a serious inferiority complex and its fully justified.[/quote]

Coming from you that is very funny.

I find it quite pathetic that all these students and old lefties are 'partying' on hearing of her death. Whilst many despised her, she also won 3 elections, which means some actually agreed with her policies.
So here's a question... Do all these half wits waving hammer and sickles at these parties not see the irony that some of the biggest bastards in history and the most oppressive regimes ever known have all done so under the communist banner?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.