Thatcher dead

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
jma said:
As for the dicks claiming that they are students and can't believe that some people seem to have an opinion on someone who was around before they are born. That just about sums up the fucked up state of University entry. They are staggered because someone has read up on and has an opinion on one of the major figures of the twentieth century. If you find that bizarre then I suggest you ask your supped-up Polytechnic for your fees back as I doubt that Pop Music Studies course is going to be worth the money.

i am a student, your calling me a dick for having an opinion. Ofcourse people can have there opinions but in my own personal circumstances at uni, some of the people celebrating this are some of the most wealthy people who are jumping of the bandwagon to look good.

Your wealth should determine your political view and thoughts on what's right and wrong then.

Fair enough, that's a top Thatcherite view, right there.

Cheesy said:
Just have to say I don't recall any of those on here who are celebrating Thatchers death doing the same for Saddam, Bin Laden etc, even though they were responsible for thousands of deaths. That's a good thing by the way as (I've said it before) the death of any person should not be a cause of celebration.

This leads to the question of why now though? Where's the consistency? The only conclusion I can come too is that Thatcher had a negative effect on some aspects of theirs or their family's lives whereas those others I mentioned didn't. In effect then, most of them really couldn't give a fuck about people's lives being ruined as long as it doesn't affect them.

You have said exactly what I was thinking. I grew up under thatcher, it was tough but no way in hell am I glad she's dead.

Cheesy said:
Just have to say I don't recall any of those on here who are celebrating Thatchers death doing the same for Saddam, Bin Laden etc, even though they were responsible for thousands of deaths. That's a good thing by the way as (I've said it before) the death of any person should not be a cause of celebration.

This leads to the question of why now though? Where's the consistency? The only conclusion I can come too is that Thatcher had a negative effect on some aspects of theirs or their family's lives whereas those others I mentioned didn't. In effect then, most of them really couldn't give a fuck about people's lives being ruined as long as it doesn't affect them.
I knew somebody would be stupid enough to say this. Question: Was Thatcher murdered?

Cheesy said:

It's human nature, and always has been, to be more emotional about something that has a closer impact on them.

You also have to understand that when the likes of Bin Laden and Saddam bit the dust, the media wasn't full of talking heads lauding them as wonderful individuals. If that was the case then there would have been plenty of people lining up to counter that.

It might not be the most edifying spectacle but it's understandable that some will react like that and has not even a fraction of the knock on effects, in any way, that she had on the lives of others.

Cheesy said:

your analysis is partly correct.

yes celebrating because Thatcher had a direct effect on my (and my familys) life.

Didnt celebrate the other deaths with drinking etc because they didnt. However that doesnt mean i dont care about the people they killed and abused. I was pleased they died and was glad those that were directly affected were able to celebrate.

Skashion said:
Cheesy said:

I knew somebody would be stupid enough to say this. Question: Was Thatcher murdered?

And I knew there'd be a condescending reply.

Question for you.... did you celebrate the death of Saddam Hussein, a man who murdered thousands of his own people & caused the deaths of over a million due to the invasion of Iran?

If not, why not? I can only assume that you weren't as bothered by the deaths of these people as you are about the wrongs done by Thatcher.

Skashion said:
540115_356084587845827_1316561189_n.jpg

I like this - a lot.

Anyone know where to get a celebration Thatcher death party kit?
Polishing up the old dancing shoes!

Cheesy said:
Skashion said:
Cheesy said:

Question for you.... did you celebrate the death of Saddam Hussein, a man who murdered thousands of his own people & caused the deaths of over a million due to the invasion of Iran?

If not, why not? I can only assume that you weren't as bothered by the deaths of these people as you are about the wrongs done by Thatcher.

your assumption is wrong. see my answer previously.

Love or hate Thatcher as you will. At least the populace had the opportunity to vote for or against her.
More than Arthur Scargill allowed his membership.
I wonder what the publics reaction will be when he croaks?

Cheesy said:

No, because he was murdered. I was certainly glad he was ousted from power though. As for Hitler, he took his own life, me happy. Stalin died natural death, me happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.